College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

On June 27, 2017 at 3:13 PM, H11K said:

Well, I don't have pictures of arizona's new unis. But my friend on the team texted me saying he thought they were okay, but a little disappointed. Followed up by, "They're pretty bland, I liked the older ones better." But knowing him he likes flashy stuff, so for us here on the boards these uniforms could be great.

Turns out, your friend wasn't wrong. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Rixaroo said:

Man that's bad. The only good part is the white jerseys. 

Yeah usually I don't like away football jerseys in general but this one looks like its the best one than the home and alt jerseys.

4ffh6gt.png

I have a lot of "Why couldn'ts" with Arizona's set but also a few things I like

• Why couldn't the numbers on the dark jerseys just be white. The cardinal and navy don't really show up too well on each other why not just have white numbers with a cardianl outline for the navy jersey and vice versa for the cardinal jersey
  • Why Couldn't they go back to the fading double stripe motif. That used to be the best part of their uniform set, and it and Arizona Arizona
  • why couldn't they find a way to get the words Bear Down somewhere on the uni. 

Now for the positives 

• The white Jerseys look pretty good, I would like for them to have used a faded stripe but it's not bad at all. It's clean, the numbers are visible and it's going to make for a great jersey to wear on away games
  • The Helmets, I think they are fantastic. I really like how they put the logo on it with the logo just being a solid color

Overall I'd grade the set at about a C+ with the white jersey and the helmets being the major saving grace to it.

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So, some jackass looked at West Virginia's horrific font and said can we get that too?

What is the Nike speak on the West Virginia font for Arizona? Didn't Nike say that the font was an ode to something in West Virginia?

To be honest... I kinda like these. I actually like the font, though I would've made the numbers white on the Navy and red jerseys. Only other thing I'd do is add a navy facemask to the red and white helmets, but other than that, as long as they wear the right combos, I'm satisfied.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Someday we'll look back in this era like we look back on bell bottom jeans and polyester suits. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

What is the Nike speak on the West Virginia font for Arizona? Didn't Nike say that the font was an ode to something in West Virginia?

A pickaxe. Cause coal miners.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

15 hours ago, H11K said:

Yeah, well they looked fine even in the 2000-2010 era, with the piping what not, it was at least simple. And the Nick Files era look was superb don't question me. But these last 5 years of uniforms, bad. Just bad.

I agree. The Foles-era jersey was a great modernization of the classic '90s look, especially once they ditched the piping.

Nick+Foles+Arizona+v+Oklahoma+State+ThWoQwCbf9El.jpgNick+Foles+UCLA+v+Arizona+q3XM23xbIkyl.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Cal and Under Armour have used the Sather Stripe really well. Looks great on the shoulders. I kinda wish they had put the full California script on the chest just so we don't have Cal script on the chest and helmet and pants.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

33 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Cal just unveiled their new home uniform:

IMG_5420.thumb.PNG.0fff9396e546e20d0f66f2c332f3f290.PNGIMG_5421.thumb.PNG.ff741ae7f3d52734bc7f8a8d40ebf5bd.PNGIMG_5422.thumb.PNG.5ea9d9c4993c61d49293b27255ff4105.PNGIMG_5424.thumb.PNG.ee9f2fb9e2f26b9b644a3ad323105e73.PNG

https://www.calbearsbrand.com/fb-home

Blue over gold for the win.

After being annoyingly told over and over that schools do their promotional images in monochrome because "it's the best way to show all the different combinations" (which I still say is obvious crap), Cal debuts their uniform in the best possible home combo... because "it's the best way to show that you consider yourselves to be a top tier program."

33 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Cal and Under Armour have used the Sather Stripe really well. Looks great on the shoulders. I kinda wish they had put the full California script on the chest just so we don't have Cal script on the chest and helmet and pants.

I agree completely. Also sort of wish the new C-Bear logo was somewhere other than just the front of the helmet.

Would these be better with the full California script on the chest? Yes.

Would these be better with the new Bear logo somewhere more prominent? Yes.

But I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth here. This set has the mandatory modern pieces of flair but still manages to be coherent and allows Cal to look like Cal. Very solid so far.

I like the helmet with the bear on the front bumper, the full California script on the back, and the traditional Cal decals. They managed to get those 3 elements on one helmet without it looking busy. Good job.

Also glad they resisted any urge they may have had to put the Sather stripe in the middle of the helmet. That would have been too much of a good thing.

Archived