College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think the new number font is bad at all? It's definitely a lot better than the WVU number font it's being compared to.

I don't necessarily hate it. It's a little too much for me but it's okay.

7 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I don't necessarily hate it. It's a little too much for me but it's okay.

Part of it is what it's replacing. I actually like the font, it just needs to be outlined as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Once again Under Armor provides another great uniform! 

Seriously, look at their track record. Look at teams from FBS and FCS that switched from Nike to Under Armor and try and tell me that it's not an improvement.

Montana State, Cal, Hawaii, just a few off the top of my head.

1 minute ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Seriously, look at their track record. Look at teams from FBS and FCS that switched from Nike to Under Armor and try and tell me that it's not an improvement.

You are not Nikes biggest fan are you? 

5 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I've gotta disagree about Hawaii. Their Nike uniforms were just about perfect IMO, and much better than what Under Armour's produced for them in recent seasons (aside from the throwbacks).

IMG_5435.thumb.JPG.537c41125ae0f9d258e57e0b5d2aa9ca.JPGIMG_5436.thumb.JPG.99c1286ad2a3c5c1f9b1f22a964cf130.JPGIMG_5437.thumb.JPG.e3b404a9058b20a68018f367917fbc6c.JPGIMG_5438.JPG.f7c1f3a4eb95387058b9788f8324b703.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

The first UA uniforms that Utah had (2009-10 or so) were better than Utah's Nike unis, but have, IMO, gone downhill since.

ubyumain_112810~57.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

41 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

UA does put a lot of thought into their designs. While it's starting to be redundant (take a campus landmark, make a pattern out of it, use it on uniforms) there are at least some unique elements with just about every team. Nike goes all out for bigger schools, but smaller schools get generic templates and fonts. The fact that all of Nike's NFL uniforms have been terrible is mind boggling. 

22 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

UA does put a lot of thought into their designs. While it's starting to be redundant (take a campus landmark, make a pattern out of it, use it on uniforms) there are at least some unique elements with just about every team. Nike goes all out for bigger schools, but smaller schools get generic templates and fonts. The fact that all of Nike's NFL uniforms have been terrible is mind boggling. 

The Vikings, and dolphins would like to have a word with you 

15 minutes ago, dont care said:

The Vikings, and dolphins would like to have a word with you 

I guess the Vikings, Seahawks, and Lions have decent looks. Dolphins are too boring. Browns, Jags and Bucs are trainwrecks.

UA would definitely do a better job with the NFL.

4 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Cal and Under Armour have used the Sather Stripe really well. Looks great on the shoulders. I kinda wish they had put the full California script on the chest just so we don't have Cal script on the chest and helmet and pants.

My only complaint about this set, otherwise it's beautiful.

IMG_0707.thumb.JPG.5c7eb2936dc82fc754fea54f87ebc078.JPG

I'm not sure if this is the official poster or not but it was released by the Athletics department's Twitter. It has every player in the traditional maroon and gold uniform with a Sparky Sun Devil helmet. I'm hoping it means that this uniform combo with the sparky helmet is used a lot more this year. I know the administration was not happy about the lack of maroon and gold that they saw every week last year on the football field so they made that known and even implemented a process of uniform approval.

3 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

IMG_0707.thumb.JPG.5c7eb2936dc82fc754fea54f87ebc078.JPG

I'm not sure if this is the official poster or not but it was released by the Athletics department's Twitter. It has every player in the traditional maroon and gold uniform with a Sparky Sun Devil helmet. I'm hoping it means that this uniform combo with the sparky helmet is used a lot more this year. I know the administration was not happy about the lack of maroon and gold that they saw every week last year on the football field so they made that known and even implemented a process of uniform approval.

Sparky was the best logo/helmet in college football. 

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I've gotta disagree about Hawaii. Their Nike uniforms were just about perfect IMO, and much better than what Under Armour's produced for them in recent seasons (aside from the throwbacks).

IMG_5435.thumb.JPG.537c41125ae0f9d258e57e0b5d2aa9ca.JPGIMG_5436.thumb.JPG.99c1286ad2a3c5c1f9b1f22a964cf130.JPGIMG_5437.thumb.JPG.e3b404a9058b20a68018f367917fbc6c.JPGIMG_5438.JPG.f7c1f3a4eb95387058b9788f8324b703.JPG

Those Hawaii uniforms are awesome, no argument. The only real problem is the back over green in the home uniforms. Who wears all black at home in that weather? Regardless, Hawaii has had pretty good uniforms of late and they got better with UA.

Archived