College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Very good looking new logo for UNLV:

Took me a second to get what I was looking at but I really like what they did.  It captures a couple iconic Las Vegas images while incorporating parts of the old Rebel logo.

22 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

I liked the old logo pretty well...but this is an excellent update.  It's one of those "Whoa, I never thought they'd go in that direction and do it so well" kind of logos.  The wordmark seems cleaner, though it looks a little like Friz Quadrata, and a little like the font that San Diego State uses.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

32 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

At first glace in phone I thought this was ridiculous with the Rebel shooting out a laser

Seeing it in full size on the computer, however, looks like a really awesome interpretation of the Rebel and the Vegas sign

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Looking at it more, it does have an awkward shape and balance to it.  The V in the wordmark seems like it should be more balanced, like the other letters are.  

Small complaints and over analysis, maybe.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Once again Under Armor provides another great uniform! 

Seriously, look at their track record. Look at teams from FBS and FCS that switched from Nike to Under Armor and try and tell me that it's not an improvement.

Montana State, Cal, Hawaii, just a few off the top of my head.

Disagree about Navy too. The last few years of the contract, Nike put together some nice Navy uniforms for the Army game. Under Armor seems like they try too hard and end up with a mashup of elements like logos, patches, and piping that they throw together in ad hoc manner. The most recent design was their best of the lot, but it's still overdesigned.

US_Navy_111210-N-OA833-895_U.S._Naval_Ac

20121208_jrc_bw1_050.0.jpg

20131214_ajl_gb3_329.0.jpg

4-navy-worn-vs-army-2014_pg_600.jpg

r35278_4320x2880cc.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I've gotta disagree about Hawaii. Their Nike uniforms were just about perfect IMO, and much better than what Under Armour's produced for them in recent seasons (aside from the throwbacks). But 

IMG_5435.thumb.JPG.537c41125ae0f9d258e57e0b5d2aa9ca.JPGIMG_5436.thumb.JPG.99c1286ad2a3c5c1f9b1f22a964cf130.JPGIMG_5437.thumb.JPG.e3b404a9058b20a68018f367917fbc6c.JPGIMG_5438.JPG.f7c1f3a4eb95387058b9788f8324b703.JPG

The away uniforms needed green numbers and white or green pants. 

As someone who isn't very familiar with UNLV athletics, I was a huge fan of the new logo at first glance. It incorporates the rebel along with other Las Vegas elements in a clean, good looking manner. It's not surprising that people on this site would be a fan. But UNLV fans are completely ripping it up on twitter, and it's understandable why. When you compare it to the old Rebel logo, it falls short. It would be a great academic or alternate logo, but I have a hard time seeing it used on a helmet or uniform. The fans want a logo that is clearly a Rebel, not a logo that takes a few seconds to see what's going on. From any sort of distance it would be nearly impossible to distinguish what that logo is.

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Cal just unveiled their new home uniform:

IMG_5420.thumb.PNG.0fff9396e546e20d0f66f2c332f3f290.PNGIMG_5421.thumb.PNG.ff741ae7f3d52734bc7f8a8d40ebf5bd.PNGIMG_5422.thumb.PNG.5ea9d9c4993c61d49293b27255ff4105.PNGIMG_5424.thumb.PNG.ee9f2fb9e2f26b9b644a3ad323105e73.PNG

https://www.calbearsbrand.com/fb-home

I would say overall upgrade.  Some quick hits:

• I would have retained the Nike designed custom font and numerals.
  • Matte blue helmet is fantastic.
  • The new stripe is good, but not great.  The super thin lines probably would have been better as 1 solid line.  It just looks distracting... it actually reminds me of the Browns new uniforms with the colored stitching.
  • Pants stripes are inexplicably truncated and tapered at the top.

Archived