College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, dont care said:

That uniform was deemed illegal after that game because it wasn't able to easily identify it as a home or away jersey having so much white on the front

At the time, I actually liked that set...but it's easy to see why they got banned.

5 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I will take those BYU uniforms over these Nike monstrosities any day:

oregon-ducks-spring-football-620x931.jpg

USATSI_7529486-620x441.jpg

oregon-ducks-2014-pink-black-nike-uniform-620x827.jpg

2013-boise-state-gray-nike-uniforms-620x797.jpg

CD4crtzUMAEEqrB.jpg-large-620x325.jpeg

I was at that Fresno St. black for black sake game. I wore red but w/ a black Fresno St. hat. All of those suck but BYU's sucks the most because it's a home jersey looking from behind, and away sort of, from the front. Only some CFL usa, and the mid 90s nfl europe suck more. 

Arizona announcing new uniforms today. Via twitter, video shows current player tossing the current navy helmet away. As well as ripping the current red jersey in half!

a2BRS8U.png

27 minutes ago, H11K said:

Arizona announcing new uniforms today. Via twitter, video shows current player tossing the current navy helmet away. As well as ripping the current red jersey in half!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

8 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I'm both intrigued and terrified.

18 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Frankly, it looks better than what we see from Nike nowadays.

I don't want to say that somebody's opinion is wrong, but I think this one might be. 

18 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Frankly, it looks better than what we see from Nike nowadays.

I know Nike has always been the boogeyman on here, especially when it comes to football uniforms, but this isn't even remotely true. If anything, their uniforms have been getting plainer and more conservative by the year.

If any manufacturer can come up with some unholy monstrosity to rival the BYU bibs, my money is on either Adidas or Russell.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

3 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

The whole video just doesn't make sense.  I'm all for cleaning up their look... but this video... I don't get it.

I really like it, just theowing away the old uniforms, and with the slight to ASU by including the Territorial cup. Classic.

a2BRS8U.png

20 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

So, you're the one! I certainly don't hate BYU's current look, but simply prefer the old royal uniforms. It could always be worse, they could still be using the bibs (or navy and gold in general).

pwcOXpb.jpg

I'm a third gen BYU grad, and I prefer navy to royal--I went to school during the switch and was even at the UDub game in the bib picture.

What bothers me now it that I don't like the shades of textile Nike is using for either color for the football uniforms. The current navy is too dark and not saturated enough, while the royal is a little too light. I suspect a lot of this comes down to how the matte nature of the textile interacts with various lighting.

rawImage.jpg8854362-ncaa-football-east-carolina-at-b

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

37 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

I'm a third gen BYU grad, and I prefer navy to royal--I went to school during the switch and was even at the UDub game in the bib picture.

What bothers me now it that I don't like the shades of textile Nike is using for either color for the football uniforms. The current navy is too dark and not saturated enough, while the royal is a little too light. I suspect a lot of this comes down to how the matte nature of the textile interacts with various lighting.

rawImage.jpg8854362-ncaa-football-east-carolina-at-b

You also need to account for the quality of camera taking each picture, one being an HD digital camera, while the other is just film that makes photos a lot more washed out.

47 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

[pictures of GREAT BYU uniforms]

Well, I now can confirm that there are two people that prefer navy, which is exactly two more than I believed existed anywhere. 

Archived