buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's a weird looking bird... is he made of metal?

Now that you mention it, it is a rather strange design. But there are only so many ways to draw a cardinal so I'll give them a pass for creativity. 

When will they learn that asymmetric looks aren't for everybody? Put the cardinal on both sides, please.

Not sure if this is new or not, but looks like Washington State is planning to mix and match facemasks and shells and decals.

DC8ls75XkAExE6v.jpg

DCdhFeyU0AEVpLG.jpg

8 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Not sure if this is new or not, but looks like Washington State is planning to mix and match facemasks and shells and decals.

DC8ls75XkAExE6v.jpg

DCdhFeyU0AEVpLG.jpg

Pretty sure they did it last year too, and maybe 2015.  

That bottom helmet is the only helmet they need to wear though.  Everything else is just gimmicky.

22 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Pretty sure they did it last year too, and maybe 2015.  

That bottom helmet is the only helmet they need to wear though.  Everything else is just gimmicky.

That and the red helmet are all they need 

This image is floating around Twitter. Hope equipment managers plan on ordering decals that better go with the helmet -- maybe red trimmed logo decals and a red stripe instead of white.

DC9D08UVwAAAhSI.jpg:large

46 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

This image is floating around Twitter. Hope equipment managers plan on ordering decals that better go with the helmet -- maybe red trimmed logo decals and a red stripe instead of white.

DC9D08UVwAAAhSI.jpg:large

May just be a mockup.

Confirmed by a UGA beat writer that it is just a mockup that was ordered for someone (possibly a gift? Who knows) but is not currently planned to be worn, which is good in my eyes.

As a Dawg, I don't want to see anything except the red lid, save for a possible throwback silver lid. I've made plenty of mockups with a stripe to match the silver britches. Our uniforms now are near perfect. Just give us a set of red and black pants for occasional mix and match (primarily on the road) but stick to the normal sets 9-10 games a year.

Just a reminder, I have confirmed we will be updating to the new template, and thankfully dropping the heinous Flywire. Addition by subtraction.

3 hours ago, Bolt957 said:

When will they learn that asymmetric looks are for nobody? Put the cardinal on both sides, please.

FTFY

I wonder if Georgia would consider changing the stripe and facemask whenever they wear the black jerseys. The helmet just doesn't work very well with that jersey to me and I think it's because of the white facemask and stripe. Also, glad to see that black helmet is just a wacky mockup. The last time they wore black helmets looked hideous. 

5 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

DC8ls75XkAExE6v.jpg

The lighting makes that helmet look like Tar Heel blue. 

BYU will wear a memorial patch for LaVell Edwards throughout the coming season:

IMG_6545.JPG.88198fedd46cda86855f41e8f25f473e.JPG

I would assume they have a navy patch for the other jerseys, but also wouldn't put it past them to have the same royal patch across the board as well.

39 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

More teams should go with the broad helmet stripes like that. Ohio State and Oregon State's looked great. I'm a big fan.

I think that's a reguarly sized helmet stripe on BYU

6 hours ago, dont care said:

I think that's a reguarly sized helmet stripe on BYU

Yeah, that appears to be a pretty standard triple stripe..

Not to beat a dead horse, but BYU should go back to royal blue. Is there anybody who prefers them in navy? Because if so, I've never met them or seen them on this board.