NHL 2017-18

Bmac

The collars downgrade all the new designs.  I tried having an open mind at first but even the applications that I initially thought were good (Avalanche for example) are beginning to stick out like a sore thumb.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here's an interesting find from the UK. It's officially licensed NHL stuff (supposedly, the guy said he gave it a full look over) but I've never seen anything like it. I also don't know what to make of it.

IMG_4981.thumb.JPG.ca0067df8c20cd3a5268b6a613d08fec.JPG

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

7 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

So here's an interesting find from the UK. It's officially licensed NHL stuff (supposedly, the guy said he gave it a full look over) but I've never seen anything like it. I also don't know what to make of it.

8 pounds is about $10.50 USD. Maybe for kids? On sale?  Kind of odd that Majestic would make it. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I'd buy it. Looks pretty cool.

That striping looks so much better than their current side panels.  If they used the standalone "D" on that template and incorporated a little more orange, I doubt there would be as many people clamoring for a return to the Mighty Ducks look.  That champagne colour looks so much better as a metallic fabric.

Off the top of my head the only ones that look alright, and I use that loosely, are the Oilers and Wings.  Sens I guess too.  They just look like oversized pre-edge collars. 

The pentagon shape is so attrocious. 

8 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

My god these new Avalanche jerseys are so amazing.   Looks 100x better than the edge.  

Isn't it funny that all of the talk about how "dated" the logos are and the "appropriateness" of the Rockies-inspired look stopped when the new uniforms came out?

My only, small gripe with them is there is no black/white throughout the jersey to balance out the pants/gloves/helmet and logo/numbers respectively. At least on the old jerseys there was black and white stripes. 

Overall i I love them. And I get the goal of simplifying. But just doesn't seem as cohesive a design as it used to be. Will take some getting used to the outlines on the arm numbers too. 

1 hour ago, Toronto206 said:

Once again the Hawks are the only franchise who know how to make a good looking sweater.

Funny,  I would argue that they look the worst out of the 3 pictured. That collar is butt

37 minutes ago, bowld said:

Funny,  I would argue that they look the worst out of the 3 pictured. That collar is butt

At least the Hawks somewhat resemble their Edge collars; better than the half-white half-blue bullcrap Adidas put on the Leafs.

Archived