NHL 2017-18

Bmac

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Not only were the stripes kept, the Flames doubled them in size on the new jerseys. They used to go halfway up the side; now they're almost up to the armpits.

If you're going to use side panels, you might as well go all the way.  I'd prefer horizontal stripes but this was one change I didn't mind.  With the Flames you have to take small victories and while the new uniform is a huge disappointment, it's still an improvement over the dumpster fire they've used for the past 10 years.  I'll gladly take longer side panels if means the curved-side-panel/piping-to-nowhere/pit-stain cluster:censored: is gone.  Remove the flags and it's a passable (if unremarkable) modern uniform.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Danny said:

Not only were the stripes kept, the Flames doubled them in size on the new jerseys. They used to go halfway up the side; now they're almost up to the armpits.

The panels going all the way up looks better, though the jersey still needs to be replaced.  They should have also gotten rid of the bottom hem stripes and the flags.  As to why they or Ottawa haven't changed, my only guess is that they might be waiting for their new arenas to be built or they simply don't think there's anything wrong with them.

6 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The Blackhawks' fan convention is starting tonight and all the players are wearing the old Reebok jerseys. That includes guys who weren't on the team last season. 

That's good to hear cause the Adidas collars look absolutely terrible.

14 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The Blackhawks' fan convention is starting tonight and all the players are wearing the old Reebok jerseys. That includes guys who weren't on the team last season. 

Gotta move that surplus before the new stock arrives in September.

This applies to the $7 beers being sold in the hallways of the hotel, as well.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

9 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Gotta move that surplus before the new stock arrives in September.

This applies to the $7 beers being sold in the hallways of the hotel, as well.

Lemme guess, that beer is old, stale and flat as well?

:D

On 7/20/2017 at 4:23 PM, bowld said:

Still waiting on Ottawa, Toronto, Nashville and Arizona

Screen-Shot-2017-07-13-at-1.25.00-PM.png 

Screen-Shot-2017-07-13-at-1.24.49-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2017-07-13-at-1.25.17-PM-2.p

Screen-Shot-2017-07-13-at-1.25.28-PM.png

I have to say, for whatever controversy surrounded the Oilers and Devils changing their uniforms, they both came out of it with the best looking collars in the league. And I don't like the Devils' changes whatsoever.

I count 23 teams with either the dumb half collar that ends at the top of the shoulders or the thick toilet seat collar. Brutal work by both Adidas and the teams. Some teams look like they have a polo shirt on (Tampa, pittsburgh), and the Islanders have a necktie lol. Florida, San Jose, and Philadelphia didn't even attempt to have the same collar design for both their home and away.

1 hour ago, bowld said:

No change for Arizona road except collar

Screenshot_20170724-055909.png

That's how you take advantage of the Adidas collar. Don't fill in the pentagonon the away, but colour in the other parts to match the jersey. The black and maroon on the collar interact like they do on the sleeves.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

2 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

That's how you take advantage of the Adidas collar. Don't fill in the pentagonon the away, but colour in the other parts to match the jersey. The black and maroon on the collar interact like they do on the sleeves.

I'd wait to see it on a real person before giving it too much praise. The collars overall have been looking good on the digital versions but anytime they are displayed in a photoshoot they look awkwardly large and the pentagon becomes an eye sore. 

On 7/21/2017 at 7:33 PM, M4One said:

The panels going all the way up looks better, though the jersey still needs to be replaced.  They should have also gotten rid of the bottom hem stripes and the flags.  As to why they or Ottawa haven't changed, my only guess is that they might be waiting for their new arenas to be built or they simply don't think there's anything wrong with them.

Ottawa did mention an interest in updating their look, but I think they were too late to make any major changes for this coming season. We may finally see them get rid of the Edge template for '18-19.

My hope is they wear an updated heritage uniform for the NHL100 outdoor game, then use it as the basis for the new set.

6 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Alright! So we have 3 teams to go..... why is taking this long? Are the Sens & Preds worried they're going to anger the fanbase even more? What about the Leafs? 

The only team that doesn't have an away jersey featured yet is the Predators.  

Sens:

Senators19.png

Leafs:

MapleLeafs52.png

Archived