NHL 2017-18

Bmac

11 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

The oil rigger shoulder patch is right there with the Isles' lighthouse in my collection of "Actually, the mid-'90s had some good design ideas."

Totally agree here. That lighthouse logo was brilliant and I think the fishsticks uniforms would look ten times better with the fisherman on the crest swapped out for it.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The colors look off in the new Oilers home jersey. The blue looks black, even if I turn up the brightness all the way on my monitor. The white picks up some warmth from the orange that makes it look like vintage white. It doesn't look like the Oilers. It reminds me of the Flyers' Winter Classic jersey.

flyers-2012.jpg

14 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

If anybody was interested in picking up Reebok Kings stuff, their Team LA Store is having a pretty nice sale through July 23 - LINK

Last year's home and roads are $60. The gold throwback alt is $45. Then there's a bunch of other crap, but actually pretty good sales prices. (Although one could argue the $80 polo shirts being knocked down to $30 is just putting them at the price they should've always been.)

Guess I'll head to Staples and pick up a home jersey, since I already purchased (and customized) a road jersey via Lids Lockerroom for $132 total.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

18 hours ago, Morgo said:

Am I the only one who thinks this looks great?  If they're going to go orange, better they use the striping they've used for their entire history instead of the generic, Canucks-eqsue stripes from the WHA inspired alternate.

I don't think it looks great, but it's better than the throwback orange jersey for sure. If they must wear an orange sweater this isn't a bad way to do it. If I had my druthers, though, they would've just made some small fixes to the 80's unis and called it done. 

I just wish they would have made the stripes blue-orange-white-orange-blue so that when it's reversed on the whites it's a direct inverse. Also sad to see the uniquely Oilers pants stripe go by the wayside for straight stripes. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Totally agree here. That lighthouse logo was brilliant and I think the fishsticks uniforms would look ten times better with the fisherman on the crest swapped out for it.

I think the Fisherman logo looks better than people give it credit for. In a vacuum, it's not the worst logo ever. Honestly, I think the biggest problem with the Fisherman jerseys was the jerseys themselves. Put that logo in navy blue and orange and put it on a normal jersey... boom. Instant improvement.

It shouldn't replace their primary logo, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

15 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

I think the Fisherman logo looks better than people give it credit for. In a vacuum, it's not the worst logo ever. Honestly, I think the biggest problem with the Fisherman jerseys was the jerseys themselves. Put that logo in navy blue and orange and put it on a normal jersey... boom. Instant improvement.

It shouldn't replace their primary logo, though.

The jersey was awful.  

I think the logo would be a great minor-league logo, but I'm not sold on it as a big-league logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Long Island Sentinels, playing in the revamped Nassau Coliseum in the AHL. Boom, done, hand me some contracts.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Fisherman logo, on a more restrained alternate sweater, could have been the Islanders' Lady Liberty. 

The one-two punch of going full 90s and replacing a beloved identity meant it never stood a chance.

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I don't think it looks great, but it's better than the throwback orange jersey for sure. If they must wear an orange sweater this isn't a bad way to do it. If I had my druthers, though, they would've just made some small fixes to the 80's unis and called it done. 

I just wish they would have made the stripes blue-orange-white-orange-blue so that when it's reversed on the whites it's a direct inverse. Also sad to see the uniquely Oilers pants stripe go by the wayside for straight stripes. 

IyUym6P.jpg

8 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Also sad to see the uniquely Oilers pants stripe go by the wayside for straight stripes. 

I agree. Unique striping does add variety to a club's uniform. However, it's far better than taking the cheap 90's route and going with stripeless pants. 

23 minutes ago, bowld said:

Pretty gross 20th anniv patch for Nashville 

cut.jpg

Needs to ditch the circle and the full logo. Then, it might not be awful.

The eye has never been a prominent part of the primary logo.  It's odd to think it'd be a good idea to really make it seem important.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Also sad to see the uniquely Oilers pants stripe go by the wayside for straight stripes. 

I completely agree, McCarthy. I love those pant stripes. VancouverFan69 is right, too. Thankfully they didn't go full 90's and have no stripes. I am sorry to see they went with full navy gloves and didn't use orange fingers and cuffs.

Archived