NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 1st thing the Sabres really need to do is erase those million silver outlines that surround everything in and around the crest. Maybe it worked in 2008, but it doesn't work anymore in 2018. It ruins the look.

The Sabres have a rich aesthetic history with schemes full of potential. There's a few ways they could re-model their jerseys that would be visually beautiful.

We could nitpick about no yellow outline on the numbers and shoulder yolk, but it's still a very good uniform.  The only thing I would really change is maybe have the shoulder logo on both sides, with the Winter Classic patch on the front where it should be.  Almost surprised there is no front numbers.

43 minutes ago, M4One said:

We could nitpick about no yellow outline on the numbers and shoulder yolk, but it's still a very good uniform.  The only thing I would really change is maybe have the shoulder logo on both sides, with the Winter Classic patch on the front where it should be.  Almost surprised there is no front numbers.

Friendly PSA for hockey (or even football) fans:

Yolk

frying-eggs.jpg

Yoke

standard-issue-white-shirt-with-contrast

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Try trying next time, Rangers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I wish the Sabres had just used their original striping, going blue-yellow-blue on both the sleeves and the hem.  What they used has no historical precedence and just seems off.  That being said, the use of royal blue is a revelation that navy and silver can't be vanquished soon enough.

1 hour ago, jerseyjunk said:

Hard to believe these two teams play in the same league.

One is a beautiful  classic jersey, the other looks like a cartoon jersey, without even a real crest.  A jersey from a lame Marvel Superhero movie 

ap-image.jpg

Ah, the Blackhawks’ sweater isn’t that bad.  ?

11 hours ago, JJ Anderes said:

I was able to grab this photo off the 'Chel shop webpage. Don't know if they've realized their mistake and taken it down yet.

44ae71535c23bc37e4118cd03b266957b462e9d4

I really like that.  Maybe even more than their regular look.  

Going to be out of town for the Winter Classic. Bit depressed, because this is going to be an amazing-looking game. I promised my oldest I’d take him to his first NHL game this season, and this would have been a good one. 

Archived