Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

On 4/7/2020 at 3:50 AM, UnclearInitial said:

This one is kind of a mix of this thread and “Rare team matchup”, as the uniform Scottie Pippen is wearing is perfectly fine- it’s just jarring to see him in a Bulls uniform playing against the light blue Nuggets (and Carmelo Anthony)

spacer.png

On 4/13/2020 at 7:14 AM, prof said:

Also Pippen in shiny Bulls uniform

Scottie Pippen - Scottie Pippen Photos - Haier Shooting Stars - Zimbio 123456789-1024x683.jpg

To continue the Pippen party, here he is in a throwback that he never wore but Jordan did.

eff893f7ffcc5a307a149ff6d99cb625_listing

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

16 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

To continue the Pippen party, here he is in a throwback that he never wore but Jordan did.

eff893f7ffcc5a307a149ff6d99cb625_listing

so if he never wore that uniform, where is that picture from? Is it a photoshop or a preseason game or something?

9 hours ago, tjs11 said:

so if he never wore that uniform, where is that picture from? Is it a photoshop or a preseason game or something?

I think the point was he never wore that design when the Bulls had it originally (Jordan did), but he did wear the throwback version.

• Like 1

This may be posted on page 24 or something (its been awhile since I've been on this thread). But anyways A.I. last hurrah with the Sixers.

spacer.png

This one might be controversial. Horace Grant won 3 titles with the Bulls in 7 seasons, but statistically speaking, he had his most productive season(s) in his 6 seasons with the Orlando Magic. So being completely biased with this one, the Orlando Magic is just as right being the "right team" as the Bulls (to hell with the Lakers). If it ain't the pinstripes, it ain't right. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

0416101619a.jpg?resize=300,225&ssl=1 - In 1987, a by then 41-year old Tom Seaver attempted a short-lived comeback with a Mets, and here is a VERY odd sight (more odder than him in the "home" racing stripe Mets uniforms of the 1980s) - the one-year 1987 "New York" script road uniform.

• Like 2

UBwef0L.png

• 2 weeks later...

Brad Daugherty played for the Cleveland Cavaliers from 1986 to 1994. He was injured when the Cavaliers switched to their weird paint splash era, however, he's still in the video game NBA Jam: Tournament Edition on the Cavaliers which is based on the 1994/95 season with the updated logo. This also happened on various trading cards.

ZJzFxl4.png

166953-10685479Fr.jpg

It turns out he apparently had an actual warm up and jersey made according to game used auction sites but they just didn't get worn because he ended up retiring before he ever could suit up in it.

40649c_lg.jpeg

9495braddaughertty43blackcavschamp44.JPG

I even found a throwback for him. I didn't know the Cavs wore throwbacks in the 90's but this says they did.

32_6091A_lg.jpeg

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png

Old guys in modern uniforms could be a fun category. Like that Morten Anderson photo, Favre in Minnesota or Elway at the end in Denver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...

mookie-wilson-of-the-new-york-mets-bats-

One of the most talked about players in New York Mets history, Mookie Wilson, played the first two and a half seasons of his career in the first iteration of the Mets' pullover jerseys; he'll always be associated with the racing stripe uniforms that followed this set. :D

UBwef0L.png

To my knowledge Teemu Selanne played precisely one game in the Jets' classic 80s uniforms (which they switched from in 1990, two full years before his Jets debut), and it was at the 2016 Heritage Classic Alumni Game. Ordinarly I probably wouldn't even consider a post-retirement exhibition game to count for something like this, except... 
5uzRBZE.jpg
...A shot of him from that of all games is what wound up on the cover of his 2019 biography, My Life.

• Like 2