Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

15 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Yes. I don't think he started going by Giancarlo until 2013 or 2014 IIRC.

2012 season was his first as Giancarlo. He had always gone by Mike, his middle name, because his parents had called him Mike as a kid and in school teachers couldn't pronounce Giancarlo so he just went by Mike even into the major leagues. When the Marlins rebranded and changed virtually everything about the team going into their new ballpark, Stanton took that as his opportunity to speak up and ask to be called Giancarlo, his first name. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

2012 season was his first as Giancarlo. He had always gone by Mike, his middle name, because his parents had called him Mike as a kid and in school teachers couldn't pronounce Giancarlo so he just went by Mike even into the major leagues. When the Marlins rebranded and changed virtually everything about the team going into their new ballpark, Stanton took that as his opportunity to speak up and ask to be called Giancarlo, his first name. 

It's a smart move on his part from a marketing standpoint too. Giancarlo Stanton is way more recognizable and unique than Mike Stanton. There were already 2 guys to play in the majors named Mike Stanton before the third one got there. I don't blame him for making the change. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, McCarthy said:

It's a smart move on his part from a marketing standpoint too. Giancarlo Stanton is way more recognizable and unique than Mike Stanton. There were already 2 guys to play in the majors named Mike Stanton before the third one got there. I don't blame him for making the change. 

Yep 100% agreed

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 7:34 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

5202-1600022Fr.jpg ae361ba66b61d59930d4f74cb20a2fde.jpg

Neely's final year was Bostons first in these sets. Not awful but I definitely preferred the cleaner 1975-1995 uniforms

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/tim-thomas-of-the-boston-bruins-clears-the-puck-in-the-first-period-picture-id72685339

Tim Thomas, a relative latecomer, spent his early years of his NHL career in that very same Bruins pre-RBK Edge set.

UBwef0L.png

USATSI_9793418_168383719_lowres-640x460.

Metta World Peace wearing the black Lakers alternate

s_ilgauskas_i.jpgilgauskas4.jpg

Zydrunas Ilgauskas pre-2003 

6a0120a6dde087970b01347fbd4328970c-320wi

Andre Iguodala

in_garrityfeature.jpg

Pat Garrity

s-l300.jpg

Bo Outlaw

kevin-willis.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkSlGTWyHt6Y5grW8VoCh

Kevin Willis

feb-1998-forward-bo-outlaw-and-guard-dar

Bo Outlaw again and Darrell Armstrong

kerry-kittles-1996_agtckv

Kerry Kittles

kidd-jefferson.jpg

Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson

vince-carter-of-the-new-jersey-nets-move

Does this count?

Ron_Artest_2005.jpg

Metta World Peace again

Edited by PepMan33Conde
Raptors VC photo was already posted and I forgot that MWP briefly donned the current Pacers unis.
  • Like 4

On 2017-05-07 at 10:15 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Ehh, I don't know about that one for myself. That's honestly the very first uniform that comes to mind when I think of Peja.

You're entitled to your opinion. I just felt that Stojakovic had his career years wearing the 02-08 uniforms.

On-topic: Olaf Kolzig

Olie+Kolzig+2007+NHL+Headshots+XmLr1j8rb

On 5/8/2017 at 9:28 AM, Rj0498 said:

Barry Larkin in a big red machine uniform

Image result for barry larkin 1999

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Eh, I don't think so. He won a World Series in this set. For me, this is right team, right uniform.

I thought about him for this thread, but came to the conclusion that the closest wrong uniform for him would be the short lived red alternates they wore when GABP first opened.

image.jpg

every other uni he wore during his time with the team looks right. He wore the pullover uniforms in 4 all-star games and a World Series, the vested uniforms in his MVP year, the black heavy uniforms the last 6 years of his career which included 3 all star games. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png