Jezus_Ghoti

Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Recommended Posts

The only benefit of this navy helmet rubbish is that it opens the door for the Texans and/or Bucs to go back to their white-helmet ways when next they review their looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Esco said:

 

 

Maybe it's just me...but the white pants in this concept look out of place. There would need to be a significant silver stripe included in the pants for me to see this as balanced.

 

Also...overkill with that huge greek pattern on the helmet. It would look classier if the stripe wasn't so wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Volt said:


Reading down through the comments on that post led to a Twitter user stating that Titans beat reporter Paul Kuharsky saying that there are no Greek design elements on the uniform.  I for one would be extremely disappointed in that helmet. 

Yea that helmet stripe is terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fretwork featured on the striping is incorrect, anyways. That specific style of Greek fretwork would only be used 1x as a border, never repeated as a pattern... the Titans social media pages correctly used two different fretwork patterns - one for borders, and another for "pattern" uses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

By far the worst of their 3 looks, though.

I'm starting to believe that more and more.

Marshawn-Lynch-Seahawks-630x426.jpg460x.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, agentrygraphics said:

 

 

Maybe it's just me...but the white pants in this concept look out of place. There would need to be a significant silver stripe included in the pants for me to see this as balanced.

 

Also...overkill with that huge greek pattern on the helmet. It would look classier if the stripe wasn't so wide.

 

I knew I couldn't be the only one that thinks those white pants look totally out of place with the jersey.  You can see part of a silver stripe on the sides, but without any navy the balance will be way off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, C-Squared said:

 

We might be making slightly different points. I simply disagree that teams purposefully cling to unpopular looks because they happen to win while wearing them.

 

The slug was proof that no matter how successful a team is while wearing a uni, if the fans disapprove enough, it goes away.

The Sabres also failed to win anything in the Buffaslug. 

“Win a lot” doesn’t mean much if they don’t win a championship. That’s the key factor here. The Patriots have a dated uniform that has survived due to the team’s success. Which includes five Super Bowl championships. 

 

The Buffaslug just might have survived if “the best team in Sabres history” had won a Cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Volt said:


Reading down through the comments on that post led to a Twitter user stating that Titans beat reporter Paul Kuharsky saying that there are no Greek design elements on the uniform.  I for one would be extremely disappointed in that helmet. 

No Greek elements? That’s such a waste. I’m super disappointed. So far it sounds like the only thing improving is the font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 9:14 PM, burgundy said:

Titans%20Teaser_zpslvcwdj0j.png

 

 

What is this? It can't be the front of the jersey because there's not that much space between the collar and numbers.

 

 

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants...

 

 

It not their pants, it's their new cape.     I mean, they DID say it would be something no one else had...;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gek_6 said:

I'm starting to believe that more and more.

Marshawn-Lynch-Seahawks-630x426.jpg460x.jpg

 

No way. Seeing these side by side just confirm in my eyes that the new current ones are much better. A more vibrant blue, more use of the neon green but not too much. Great example of how to give life to a drab uniform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have liked to see that last Seahawks set as is, but reverse the blues on the jersey.

 

but I agree new set is better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I loved the old blue the Seahawks used to have. It was such a rainy Seattle color and fit so well. Then again, I love muted colors and never find them too drab, so...*shrug*

 

Anyways, I’m intrigued by the idea of the Titans in a navy helmet. I think it’s only going to work if there’s enough Columbia blue in the set. Argos-ish, yes, but better that than Texans-ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

No way. Seeing these side by side just confirm in my eyes that the new current ones are much better. A more vibrant blue, more use of the neon green but not too much. Great example of how to give life to a drab uniform. 

To me, it's a close 2nd and 3rd there. I would have loved to have seen that Seahawks blue in a more matte fabric like that of the Nike fabrics. The Eagles midnight green is a good example of an improvement with Nike.

I do like the application of the neon (action) green in this set. It works well with the navy blue. However, my issue with the current Seahawks uniform is that it's just too busy. It needs to be more simplified. Therefore, IMO, it's still 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Sabres also failed to win anything in the Buffaslug. 

“Win a lot” doesn’t mean much if they don’t win a championship. That’s the key factor here. The Patriots have a dated uniform that has survived due to the team’s success. Which includes five Super Bowl championships. 

 

The Buffaslug just might have survived if “the best team in Sabres history” had won a Cup. 

 

penalty_flag.jpg

 

Conjecture.

 

In the NFL alone, Arizona, Atlanta, Cincy, San Diego, Tennessee, and (up until this year) Philly have kept dated uniforms as long as the Pats, but without a ring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Conjecture.

I’m merely adding to what Cosmic said. That the reasons going into what keeps a look around can be complicated. 

 

You claimed that the Sabres’ look was hated despite the success of the team. I’m saying that your assessment is incomplete because you failed to properly contextualise the “success” the team had. 

 

Is there conjecture involved? Sure. Look at the facts though. The Buffaslug rocketed the Sabres up to #1 in NHL merch sales despite it being soundly rejected by the fanbase. 

So it’s not unreasonable to assume that the fanbase would have come around- or that the vocal portion that disliked the slug would have been cowed into silence- had the team managed to win a Cup while wearing it. 

 

Conjecture isn’t bad in and of itself you know ;) 

 

57 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Arizona, Atlanta, Cincy, San Diego, Tennessee, and (up until this year) Philly have kept dated uniforms as long as the Pats, but without a ring.

“As long”? No. The Patriots’ current look predates all of those uniforms. Also Philly’s got a ring, which will likely enshrine the Midnight Green look for the foreseeable future. And Tennessee’s changing so *shrug*

 

As Cosmic said though, reasons for keeping a bad look are complex and varied. 

Maybe ownership is fond of a bad uniform because it’s “their” mark on the team. Maybe Maybe it sells well despite being a bad design. Maybe a team figures a bad modern design allows them to “double dip,” selling both the current look and the popular throwback stuff. Maybe ownership just doesn’t care. 

 

I don’t believe anyone ever said a bad look can “only” be kept around thanks to a championship run, but I stand by the argument that a championship makes it easier to keep a uniform around past its best-by date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

No way. Seeing these side by side just confirm in my eyes that the new current ones are much better. A more vibrant blue, more use of the neon green but not too much. Great example of how to give life to a drab uniform. 

I liked the weird shade of blue at first, but now that it's gone I'm glad. It looked so lifeless. 

 

I personally think the current Seahawks set is their 2nd worst. Which also means it's the 2nd best. It's a glass half full vs. half empty situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.