JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here:  They'll have multiple helmets.

 

White and black helmets.  Home uniforms will be exclusively white on white on white on white on white.  The all-black look will be TNF or primetime games.  They'll have a teal color rush set, but no teal helmet.  Calling it here. 

Not unless the NFL changes its rules they won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matte black helmet with gold logo... girlllllllllllllllll

 

Don't be playin' with me now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

Quick mock up done by reddit user MojoFan32 based on some of the leaks.

 

YYEikOm7pn-oXfuFjnYRiPY90gFMMT3_H6oQMLB9

For people who like matte or satin helmets, doesn't it look bad that the logo on a helmet with one of those finishes is glossy and the helmet isn't? Me? I think this looks like crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we know now that Khan had heavy, if not solo, influence on the current/soon-to-be previous set.

 

If so, he gets credit/blame for the new logo (cat head), and the new font.  At least the sign-off.  He should get major credit for the new font, it is unique and stylish, and I seriously hope they keep it.  It's all over the stadium, not to mention the graphics packages and what have you.

 

Just glad to have a little bit of clarification and some tiny new details ahead of the reveal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CS85 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here:  They'll have multiple helmets.

 

White and black helmets.  Home uniforms will be exclusively white on white on white on white on white.  The all-black look will be TNF or primetime games.  They'll have a teal color rush set, but no teal helmet.  Calling it here. 

 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bowld said:

Do your work boys-

 

DZUz95jV4AAAvc9.jpg

 

There's nothing there when you apply levels/curves/brightness filters in Photoshop. They've either photographed a blank jersey or (more likely) just painted opaque black over the main front of the uniform. No trolling like the Titans did with their uni sneak peek.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even a Jags fan and I will be entering into this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

For people who like matte or satin helmets, doesn't it look bad that the logo on a helmet with one of those finishes is glossy and the helmet isn't? Me? I think this looks like crap.

 

It actually looks better this way. The logo stands out more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I entered. Wonder if they will buy me a plane ticket if I win? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H11K said:

Not even a Jags fan and I will be entering into this.

 

"Congrats on winning the contest...what do you think of the new uniforms?"

 

"Meh...I'm not a fan of the team, so I guess they're okay..." :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

For people who like matte or satin helmets, doesn't it look bad that the logo on a helmet with one of those finishes is glossy and the helmet isn't? Me? I think this looks like crap.

 

Glossy decal looks better on a satin helmet than a matte, but I'd rather see a metallic "chrome" (not shiny silver chrome, but metallic chrome) decal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

"Congrats on winning the contest...what do you think of the new uniforms?"

 

"Meh...I'm not a fan of the team, so I guess they're okay..." :D

Not gonna lie that one got a good laugh. Seriously though I think it would be cool to see the unveiling in person, considering how much of a uniform nut this board has turned me into the last 4 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

 

There's nothing there when you apply levels/curves/brightness filters in Photoshop. They've either photographed a blank jersey or (more likely) just painted opaque black over the main front of the uniform. No trolling like the Titans did with their uni sneak peek.

 

 

I'm pretty sure it's the current/soon-to-be-replaced uniform. The shoulders look teal but the torso looks black. Looks like a recycled Leonard Fornette image used very often last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been trying to tell you all, teal primary jerseys. And I guarantee you if they release a video of the design process, you’ll see a gold helmet was in consideration. Now I see how the dude in the NBA thread felt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just give it a rest.  You've had plenty of opportunities to prove you have insider knowledge and haven't done so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bowld said:

Do your work boys-

 

DZUz95jV4AAAvc9.jpg

What's the link to this contest?

I don't live anywhere near FLA but I'll enter! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, listen. They’re going to have teal and black as colors. You may not believe me now, but you’ll feel like a fool in the future. If they show some behind the scenes of the design process you’ll even see that more than one idea was actually considered. Wild, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

Coughlin: "We have some guys that will be in the hall of fame and the connection will be there, the uniform will be very similar as we go forward."

 

Obviously speaking on Boselli (someday maybe Taylor, Smith... too soon to speak on anyone else) but that could bring out a whole new set of speculation.

 

I caught that, which makes me think we're definitely getting Teal over White as primaries.  Maybe the "leaks" we've seen were a diversion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.