North American Pro Soccer 2018

Gothamite

Let’s effing go! Miller was sensational, Rossi’s goal was spectacular and Vela was a good calming presence for LAFC. Looked like the best player on the field. 

And I thought for sure Seattle was going to score in the last 20 minutes. So much possession in the final third. LAFC’s defense is going to have to get better. We’re lucky to have gotten a shutout. 

I’ll take it. 3 points and now onto RSL. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Let’s effing go! Miller was sensational, Rossi’s goal was spectacular and Vela was a good calming presence for LAFC. Looked like the best player on the field. 

And I thought for sure Seattle was going to score in the last 20 minutes. So much possession in the final third. LAFC’s defense is going to have to get better. We’re lucky to have gotten a shutout. 

I’ll take it. 3 points and now onto RSL. 

It was a good win for LAFC....but they were playing half a Seattle time that's already played two competitive games this season and has another one on Wednesday. And is down it's top two scorers. And, TBH, I'm surprised Frei played today.

But, yes, congrats LAFC for its first MLS win.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Nothing he's said about Austin in this entire process doesn't also apply to Columbus. :censored: him.  

They've also removed the Crew logo from the local youth development program and handed it off to a local group.

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180302/crew-sc-new-organization-will-run-youth-development-teams

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They've also removed the Crew logo from the local youth development program and handed it off to a local group.

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180302/crew-sc-new-organization-will-run-youth-development-teams

Should I be amused that upon clicking that link, at the top in a banner reads:

Breaking

3:44 PM

Ohio, Columbus suing to keep Crew SC from moving to Austin

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180305/ohio-columbus-suing-to-keep-crew-sc-from-moving-to-austin

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Media/News-Releases/March-2018/Attorney-General-DeWine-Files-Lawsuit-to-SaveTheC

1 hour ago, Pharos04 said:

Who would of thought it might be the Cleveland Browns to potentially save the Crew from leaving Columbus. Glad to See the Attorney General and Columbus taking a stand to Precourt.

Signature intentionally left blank

I really don't see this holding up.

I'm not a lawyer but I could see MLS using the fact that it's a single entity league and that league is headquartered outside of Ohio as a loophole.

That or they award FC Cincinnati an expansion team and say "look, Ohio isn't loosing a team". 

They could even say they are doing the whole thing that was done with the Browns. "The team name is staying in Columbus and you have x years to find an ownership group and we'll give you ""back"" your team but these player are moving to an expansion team in Austin". 

Don't get me wrong, I hope it does work. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

29 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

I really don't see this holding up.

I'm not a lawyer but I could see MLS using the fact that it's a single entity league and that league is headquartered outside of Ohio as a loophole.

That or they award FC Cincinnati an expansion team and say "look, Ohio isn't loosing a team". 

They could even say they are doing the whole thing that was done with the Browns. "The team name is staying in Columbus and you have x years to find an ownership group and we'll give you ""back"" your team but these player are moving to an expansion team in Austin". 

Don't get me wrong, I hope it does work. 

The only reason MLS isn't already locked in 100% in Austin is their inability, or refusal to actually work with city council. I hope they keep up the crap job they've done so far.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just move the team to Little Rock. They pretend it's a great sports town (it's not) and the city leadership tends to be weirdly arrogant in all negotiations which in our case usually leads to things moving across the river to North Little Rock. Stick the Crew in Little Rock for a bit and even Precourt will wise up and figure out a real landing zone for the team and stop screwing around. 

Sad day for Liga MX. 

I do like the increased competitiveness in those Champions League games, though.

América might be our only hope, but hopefully Chivas and Tigres can play better on their own soil. Xolos is cooked.

Anyone see this: 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/03/07/concacaf-announces-schedule-format-and-other-details-new-nations-league

Couple of things:

1. Its funny the straight up copied UEFA
  2. That USA team is now in a pro/rel league but MLS still is not
  3. This format will get overhauled the second USA or Mexico get relegated to League B. 

Just now, kmccarthy27 said:

Anyone see this: 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/03/07/concacaf-announces-schedule-format-and-other-details-new-nations-league

Couple of things:

1. Its funny the straight up copied UEFA
  2. That USA team is now in a pro/rel league but MLS still is not
  3. This format will get overhauled the second USA or Mexico get relegated to League B. 

Yup 

Also please not the pro/rel thing again. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I think the new CONACAF competition is a great idea. Using the same format as UEFA makes sense, the idea is to raise the level of the weaker countries. I highly doubt USA/Mex would ever be bad enough to get relegated out of the top league. 

Not qualifying for a world cup is one thing, but they'd have to be worse than 10+ other nations in the region to get relegated. That isn't happening. 

Archived