College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many missed opportunities on these to fix many of the issues I've had with their uniforms the past few seasons.  Not including any type of shoulder or sleeve details is the biggest issue with the set and then them bringing back volt when yellow would have been better.

I'm also in the underwhelmed camp, but I actually do like these, for the most part. Surprisingly, the black and neon yellow/green one is my favorite. 

The tone-on-tone helmets, plain pants, no shoulder details whatsoever - they're all trends that I would never expect Oregon to fall in line with. I expect Oregon to set trends, not follow them.

The contrasting nameplate works in hockey, not football. The badge style name on the chest is awfully similar to what the Jaguars had planned with the previous set.

DkrzSVGW0AA0XVY.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Well, opposing qbs should have no problem identifying the Mike linebacker. From across the realm.

Glad they brought the winged helmets back but . . . Very underwhelming. Just a giant number on the front and back with nothing else. It’s amazing how they’ve found a balance before between minimalism and modernism, and how Nike and the Ducks are unable to get back there.

this is similar to the Jaguar’s problem of just being too little. And the little that is there just doesn’t feel right. Especially for the ducks.

I personally love the volt back on the black unis . . . 

10 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Also, the template is a little different. The mesh portion at the v-neck of the collar has been chopped off.

DkrymJUW4AIw2tF.jpg

love the helmets! I am all for uni numbers to be bigger and higher on the jersey but the numbers are WAY too big. Should have gone a size b/w the old one and this.  Where are the wings on the jerseys? meh. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 minute ago, Vitalogy26 said:

Well, opposing qbs should have no problem identifying the Mike linebacker. From across the realm.

Glad they brought the winged helmets back but . . . Very underwhelming. Just a giant number on the front and back with nothing else. It’s amazing how they’ve found a balance before between minimalism and modernism, and how Nike and the Ducks are unable to get back there.

this is similar to the Jaguar’s problem of just being too little. And the little that is there just doesn’t feel right. Especially for the ducks.

I personally love the volt back on the black unis . . . 

Seems like all of Nike's redesigns for this upcoming season are heavy on minimalism.  Oregon has a new wing design so should have incorporated it more than they did.  These feel like they were minimally designed under Taggart's no-frills attitude but they couldn't change once it got so far down the design process.

5 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I'm also in the underwhelmed camp, but I actually do like these, for the most part. Surprisingly, the black and neon yellow/green one is my favorite. 

The tone-on-tone helmets, plain pants, no shoulder details whatsoever - they're all trends that I would never expect Oregon to fall in line with. I expect Oregon to set trends, not follow them.

The contrasting nameplate works in hockey, not football. The badge style name on the chest is awfully similar to what the Jaguars had planned with the previous set.

DkrzSVGW0AA0XVY.jpg

i have a similar opinion. 

So I'll say i don't hate these. 

Helmets - Like all of them, including the white one which i don't think has been posted here. 

As a whole i actually like them. From a distance you'll (for the most part) know you're watching Oregon. The winged helmets definitely stand out more with the plain jerseys. 

The details are where they lost me a little bit. The nameplates are ambitious but i think standard nameplates would've worked. The wordmark on the chest is not my favorite. 

Black jersey. In a vacuum isn't bad but i would've really liked it if paired with Yellow or even Volt as opposed to the Neon Green. This color combo is reminiscent of your local semi-pro football team, esp when paired with a matte black helmet. 

tl;dr

Like em, don't love em. Consistency across the board is a step up from the past few years so it's still a win for me. 

I'm predicting Nike's spin on these will be similar to Reebok's with the NHL Stadium Series uniforms. These are very underwhelming. I would also guess that these won't be mixed and matched, playing into the "flying towards tradition" and "reimagine your identity" mottos with the pictures. Taggart wanted to really minimize Oregon's image, but these look as cookie cutter as his recruiting tweets. I hope they don't do away with the recent Duck head logo that's been pretty prominent the past few years. 

The helmets are great (anything beats the glitter lids.) But, there's really nothing innovative here. Half-jokingly I was expecting some Off-White influence to play into the 18 year old hypebeast image Oregon has.

The green set isn't the worst thing in the world.

Are we only going to have white jerseys with black numbers? Because if so, yikes on a candlestick, we're literally not going to have a single ok away look other than mono white. Other than that, awful numbers aside im actually ok with these. Helmets are great, love the simple colors, pants are good. Really, anything is better than the last two years, so whatever, I'll take these.

I can no longer see the vision Nike has for Oregon. These try so hard yet completely miss the mark. Nothing about these scream “the future of football uniforms” to me. Oregon used to set trends, now they just try too hard. 

I was disappointed by the Webfoots throwbacks, I thought that was a low point in Oregon unis, but these take that spot. 

48 minutes ago, bowld said:

Maybe I am just old now but these are garbage. Oregon was always the trend setter though so I am sure the 18 year olds will eat these up

Yea they will. Swag. They will be "fire"

It's garbage but at least it's expected familiar garbage. Oregon can just do their thing and I won't pay attention

Archived