XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

On 2/11/2023 at 6:13 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I don't see any way the league moves into a 5000 seat stadium. If they can't get Acrisure, just keep them in Canton and rename the team. It's easier to fill, but it's a rougher sell TV wise when trying to show games from there. 

Imagine how many people would get turned off if half the time you show the whole field you have to show that sideline. 

If they were to rename the team, then why not keep the orange and pink?

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 6:01 PM, WideRight said:

4. I find the design, the look of the teams, in the XFL  too WWE/Monster Energy Drink.  Now, I am in my mid-50's and fall into the "football was better before 2000" crowd, so I prefer the nostalgia and style of the USFL to the XFL, but maybe millenials or Gen-z want their pro sports teams to look and feel like e-sports or something Red Bull invented. I don't so I prefer the USFL.   

5. I am also a huge, HUGE USFL geek (the real USFL: 1983-1985) so the new USFL hits me where it counts. 

Honestly, for me it is similar to two new soda companies coming out, one selling a version of a classic root beer or classic cola, the other selling some form of Mountain Dew with CBD and Sriracha in it.  I know where my preference lies, but others may prefer the 2nd soda, and perhaps one of the soda companies simply has more capital behind it, or better management, or hits an untapped market better than the other.  I just cannot say.  I can only say that I prefer the one over the other purely as a matter of taste. 

Old guys, unite!

I agree with this completely.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

If they were to rename the team, then why not keep the orange and pink?

You mean orange and purple?

My thoughts on the Vipers's whole logo identity:
Primary:  the team site describes the "V" logo as two red fangs coming down".  All I can say is, if those are supposed to be fangs, the angle screams that the Viper needs to see a reptilian orthodontist.  Badly.  Fail.

Secondary:  any time you leave literally everyone confused about what a logo is and why/what it represents, you have failed completely in your mission. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LogoFan said:

You mean orange and purple?

My thoughts on the Vipers's whole logo identity:
Primary:  the team site describes the "V" logo as two red fangs coming down".  All I can say is, if those are supposed to be fangs, the angle screams that the Viper needs to see a reptilian orthodontist.  Badly.  Fail.

Secondayr:  any time you leave literally everyone confused about what a logo is and why/what it represents, you have failed completely in your mission. 

Especially when there were still issues with the original Vipers helmet logo from 2020.

Tampa Bay Vipers' uniforms, helmet

Vegas Vipers Training Camp

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, LogoFan said:

Found this...it explains the features in the Vipers' primary.  I'm kind of speechless that this  kind of minute explanation is even necessary.   Whatever happened  to simplicity?

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2022/10/31/las-vegas-xfl-team-be-named-vipers/

fDNobJv.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Took a look at the secondary logos just now...so basically, I find myself somewhat wondering what the Rock and his people were thinking.  In no particular order:

• Renegades: why they decided the bandit should be the secondary and the R..or A\R or whatever should be the primary baffles me.
  • Roughnecks: no complaints here, this is actually solid.
  • Guardians: basically they did what they should've done with Dallas Arlington, simple alternate to pair with a solid primary.  
  • Brahmas: sell this thing to the Missions :D  is it weird to think this is better than their primary, yet shouldn't be promoted?
  • Defenders: the secondary should've been the primary, tertiary should be the secondary, and the primary should join the scrap heap.
  • Sea Dragons: actually pretty interesting.  Inevitably, someone's gonna stick this on a Mariners concept.
  • Battlehawks: didn't realize it was armored until I read the description...and now I realize why they're in blue/silver.
  • Vipers: the LV is thisclose to being great, but the L is italicized, while the V isn't.  Why?  JUST  WHY?...the fleur de lis, on the other hand, weird choice.  All I can decipher is this is some strange attempt at representing all four suits at the same time.
  • Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Should have went this route:

vipersjpg-b03d37260b1ad52e.jpg

At least with that helmet, it's an actual viper.  

That whole uniform design looks better to me. Especially if it's in the current Vipers colors. The 2020 Vipers head would have worked great on this uniform as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

That whole uniform design looks better to me. Especially if it's in the current Vipers colors. The 2020 Vipers head would have worked great on this uniform as well. 

They could have also used the black shoulder pads to distinguish themselves from the Saskatchewan Rough Riders and New York Jets

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

They could have also used the black shoulder pads to distinguish themselves from the Saskatchewan Rough Riders and New York Jets

Meh. I think the fact that they don't play in either the CFL or NFL will make that distinction.

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://instagram.com/stories/xflanalyst/3040406018283455387?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=NTU1Mzc3ZGM=

San Antonio Brahmas field getting set up for tomorrow. I'd expect they'll copy 2020 and have the XFL logo at midfield and league sponsors on the 30's. 

Didn’t even know they were playing tomorrow.

• Yawn 1

I’ve been especially harsh on this XFL and UA, but today’s presentation, as far as uniforms & apparel goes, is not awful.

I don’t love the Renegades shoulder stripe, but their look overall is very unique and the pops of Red really make the look.  If the had kept the previous helmet, I would be a big fan.  White pants with the Blue jersey will be nice look if they wear it.  This color scheme is what any team playing in Houston should be wearing.

The numbers with the Red inner stripe are great, even if the foot isn’t my favorite and UA does their numbers too small.  This is what I suggested the Baltimore Ravens do in another thread for a potential redesign.

Yes, Vegas’s logos are stupid, but their uniforms are solid.   Gives be UCF Space Game uniform vibes, which is a compliment.  The satin fish of the Black helmet is perfect.   Font is mostly not good but it could be worse.

Curious now to see how the rest of the league looks in live action.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Volt said:

I’ve been especially harsh on this XFL and UA, but today’s presentation, as far as uniforms & apparel goes, is not awful.

I don’t love the Renegades shoulder stripe, but their look overall is very unique and the pops of Red really make the look.  If the had kept the previous helmet, I would be a big fan.  White pants with the Blue jersey will be nice look if they wear it.  This color scheme is what any team playing in Houston should be wearing.

The numbers with the Red inner stripe are great, even if the foot isn’t my favorite and UA does their numbers too small.  This is what I suggested the Baltimore Ravens do in another thread for a potential redesign.

Yes, Vegas’s logos are stupid, but their uniforms are solid.   Gives be UCF Space Game uniform vibes, which is a compliment.  The satin fish of the Black helmet is perfect.   Font is mostly not good but it could be worse.

Curious now to see how the rest of the league looks in live action.

The biggest negative for Arlington is the logo. Why they couldn't just use the Dallas Renegades logo as their primary but kept it as the secondary. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

The biggest negative for Arlington is the logo. Why they couldn't just use the Dallas Renegades logo as their primary but kept it as the secondary. 

Their new logo is clearly a D/R hybrid. It's obvious they're trying to represent Dallas but are handcuffed to be called Arlington for some unknown reason.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png