XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

When are the uniforms being unveiled? I hope they are on the more conservative, traditional, timeless side but fear they are going to want to appeal to the gaming crowd. 

Suppose to be before the draft. Sometime in October. I wouldn’t mind seeing some traditional mixed with newer elements. Nothing too crazy though. 

• Like 1

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

On 8/28/2019 at 9:21 PM, hawk36 said:

I don't know if I'm happy or not that the Dragons didn't try and force an S for Seattle into the Dragon shape. So close but cuts off. 

sucks_trogdor.png

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 9/20/2019 at 7:47 PM, mkg74 said:

Suppose to be before the draft. Sometime in October. I wouldn’t mind seeing some traditional mixed with newer elements. Nothing too crazy though. 

So to try and understand what would be traditional or newer (and this is for the boards in general; not just mkg74), using the AAF as a barometer (as it's the most recent attempt at a major spring league): would the AAF's uniforms be more on the traditional or "newer" end of the spectrum? Given the XFL's uniforms the last time around compared to the NFL's of the time, I'd guess the XFL would be aggressive for it's 2.0 debut. However, I feel like the AAF was more conservative, though not necessarily traditional. I wonder if the XFL will follow the same sort of precedent and go with a more conservative, but still modern look that employs a decent color balance for each team.

46 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

So to try and understand what would be traditional or newer (and this is for the boards in general; not just mkg74), using the AAF as a barometer (as it's the most recent attempt at a major spring league): would the AAF's uniforms be more on the traditional or "newer" end of the spectrum? Given the XFL's uniforms the last time around compared to the NFL's of the time, I'd guess the XFL would be aggressive for it's 2.0 debut. However, I feel like the AAF was more conservative, though not necessarily traditional. I wonder if the XFL will follow the same sort of precedent and go with a more conservative, but still modern look that employs a decent color balance for each team.

It is always hard to quantify, but I would say the following would define "traditional" vs. "modern looks"

TRADITIONAL--- Sleeve, pant and sock stripes.  Helmet stripes are straight, not tapered.  Jerseys may have different colored yoke or sleeves, but not side panels or any sublimated images.   No chrome or matte helmets.  Logos are standard size, not huge and not only on 1 side of helmet (with number on the other).  Fonts for numbers are relatively blockish and could have fit in back in the 80's or even 90's.  

MODERN-- Chrome, Matte, combinations of yoke, sleeve and side panels, pants without stripes or with wild tapered or swooshy stripes.  Helmets with oversized logos or with transition from 1 color to another (recent Jags helmet), sublimated images (Oregon duck wings) or use of "slick" fabrics mixed with traditional fabrics, fully colored socks (all the way down to foot) instead of color on calf only, horizontal stripes on pants (U Hawaii), sleeve stripes that extend to front (Seahawks, Browns), use of logo on front of jersey (CFL in America, old NFL Europe). 

I am a traditionalist in most cases, so in my ideal world it should be hard to tell that the XFL jerseys were not created in 1983.

• Like 1

Did the AAF ever get around to selling replica jerseys?  Using that as a barometer, I wonder how soon it’ll be before official XFL jerseys become available for purchase. I know in my research that Arena League jerseys aren’t the easiest to buy, even at its peak. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

11 hours ago, Chawls said:

Did the AAF ever get around to selling replica jerseys?  Using that as a barometer, I wonder how soon it’ll be before official XFL jerseys become available for purchase. I know in my research that Arena League jerseys aren’t the easiest to buy, even at its peak. 

When the Philly Soul first started (Bon Jovi era) I wanted a Jersey, and my Girlfriend at the time now wife, lived in that area and the only thing she was able to find anywhere was a white t-shirt with the Soul logo on it. Anything else was game day only at the Arena. 

On 9/22/2019 at 6:29 PM, Chawls said:

They did, in a very limited way. I didn't manage to snag an Arizona Hotshots, but I saw them. 

On 9/22/2019 at 8:29 PM, Chawls said:

They had them on the league site, Dicks and at the games. If the XFL is like XFL 1.0 they'll be ready for January.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

XFL introduced team names four weeks earlier than the AAF (August 21 compared to September 25), but AAF announced their apparel supplier in July of 2018.

AAF also did not debut uniforms until November 28. Unless they are just going to online retail their goods, if XFL wants them in stores before the Holidays, they need to hurry to get them to wholesalers ASAP cause you are fighting for floor space as it is.

Edited by dfwabel
  • Like 3

On 9/22/2019 at 9:29 PM, Chawls said:

Yes. I have an Apollos jersey. The quality isn't bad either. If the AAF is anything to go by I'm guessing that the website and games will be the best places to find gear. I never saw AAF gear "out in the wild."

On 9/22/2019 at 8:28 PM, Ted Cunningham said:

would the AAF's uniforms be more on the traditional or "newer" end of the spectrum?

The AAF's identities worked well, in my opinion, because they managed to do modern things without looking like clown suits. So many of Nike, Adidas, and UA's stuff that pushes the envelope comes off as too much and too experimental. The AAF teams, on the other hand, had identities that certainly weren't traditional, but they weren't so out there. It was a good balance that I think NFL and NCAA uniform design needs to rediscover.

Hopefully the XFL follows suit.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2019 at 8:32 PM, dfwabel said:

AAF also did not debut uniforms until November 28. Unless they are just going to online retail their goods, if XFL wants them in stores before the Holidays, they need to hurry to get them to wholesalers ASAP cause you are fighting for floor space as it is.

I wouldn't expect a lot of brick-and-mortar sales.  Not only is time running short (most December merchandise is already at the stores' warehouses), but it's also a huge up-front investment.   I think it's far more likely that most sales are online, starting with their own sites, to streamline the process and lower the costs.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I wouldn't expect a lot of brick-and-mortar sales.  Not only is time running short (most December merchandise is already at the stores' warehouses), but it's also a huge up-front investment.   I think it's far more likely that most sales are online, starting with their own sites, to streamline the process and lower the costs.

They still had a few DTC (Direct to Consumer) positions unfilled as this is a newly expired opening*.

https://topconnecticutcareers.com/jobs/direct-to-consumer-merchandising-manager-stamford-connecticut/107389765-2/

*The  same position is up on LinkedIn and other job boards.

• Like 1