lilben777

College athletics identity changes

Recommended Posts

On 3/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, WideRight said:

An evil company that makes evil bathrooms.  Actually, that may also be a subdivision of Wayne Enterprises. 

And they make ham too....eeeeeeevil ham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

And they make ham too....eeeeeeevil ham.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the weekend Shaw University, a HBCU of Division II's CIAA, rebranded & was designed by, surprise, Phoenix Design Works.  Article
NEWspacer.png

OLDspacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.  Not too often something Phoenix does is actually an upgrade, so bravo to em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's an upgrade, but it looks like it was made in the 2000s and is in need of an update for the modern era...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaw's previous logo was arguably more unique and just an update of that profile swiping claw would have been a good direction to go. The new one is an improvement in some ways, but at least the old was more distinct.

One issue I see with the new logo is the left tail of the italic banner extends way to the left, and when centering, hopefully whoever handles it will know to use the head as a centering point, because as is, the bear's right ear area (our left) is the center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jaha32 said:

Shaw's previous logo was arguably more unique and just an update of that profile swiping claw would have been a good direction to go. The new one is an improvement in some ways, but at least the old was more distinct.

One issue I see with the new logo is the left tail of the italic banner extends way to the left, and when centering, hopefully whoever handles it will know to use the head as a centering point, because as is, the bear's right ear area (our left) is the center.

That was the most polite way to say it’s a total train wreck 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derek said:

That was the most polite way to say it’s a total train wreck 😜

 

Not a train wreck. Lol. Just a front-facing bear has been done 10x over and is very run-of-the-mill at this point...Now watch as my next project will probably be a frontal bear. Ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jaha32 said:

 

Not a train wreck. Lol. Just a front-facing bear has been done 10x over and is very run-of-the-mill at this point...Now watch as my next project will probably be a frontal bear. Ha.

 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c9e362631694c486f

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pitt Returns to Retro Color Scheme, Reveals New Secondary Logo

April 7, 2019 - 21:40 PM

“Respect the past, represent the future.” The Pittsburgh Panthers on Sunday afternoon announced the return of its retro color scheme and introduced a new secondary logo, as well as new uniforms and number font for all 18 athletic programs. Represent […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About gd time! They should have made this move well over a decade ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this trend of teams going back to vibrant bright colors again. Especially those who darkened their colors in the 90s/00s like the Rams, Jets, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna be Mr. Unpopular here, but I don't like this move. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a gripe with the new look, I just don't see royal and yellow as Pitt. To me they're navy and old gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can’t Pitt get a panther head right? The previous one had a wonky mouth, this one has a goblin-like quality to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Derek said:

Why can’t Pitt get a panther head right? The previous one had a wonky mouth, this one has a goblin-like quality to it.

This is actually a great design tbh, but it’s weird bc; Pitt and good panther logos, don’t mix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's suppose to represent this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

I'm gonna be Mr. Unpopular here, but I don't like this move. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a gripe with the new look, I just don't see royal and yellow as Pitt. To me they're navy and old gold. 

 

I envy your youth.

 

But you're talking about 80+ years in blue and yellow vs less than 30 in navy and gold, so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I posted in the other thread, I wish Pitt had returned to the actual mustard yellow.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.