College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

On 8/2/2024 at 9:48 PM, Shumway said:

That's a massive downgrade. The 'before' style is much, much better.

The before looks like a wolf, though. If they updated the same stance to give more coyote vibes, they'd have a winner. Oddly shaped floating heads are my least favorite genre of sports logo.

• Applause 1

9 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

The D3 Commonwealth Coast Conference (where U. of Hartford joined when they dropped to D3) has changed its name to the Conference of New England.

New logo:

CNE_WebGraphic_1920x1080.jpg

Old:

Conference of New England - Wikipedia

I really like that update, a lot. It is a bit "big" though and dumb question, but do they have conference patch logos in D3? I'm just wondering how that would translate.

On 8/5/2024 at 9:22 AM, stumpygremlin said:

The D3 Commonwealth Coast Conference (where U. of Hartford joined when they dropped to D3) has changed its name to the Conference of New England.

New logo:

CNE_WebGraphic_1920x1080.jpg

Old:

Conference of New England - Wikipedia

Skye Design was the firm behind both logos. Skye has refreshed  other conferences and schools in New England: NEWMAC (New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference) and Bates College.

• Like 1

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

On 7/6/2024 at 1:22 PM, Germanshepherd said:

The proposed new name is Texas A&M-Dallas at Commerce.  Really hope this doesn’t pass. 

It seems the Texas A&M University-Dallas at Commerce name is no longer under consideration. Thank goodness because that would have been terrible. East Texas A&M would be the best choice in my opinion but I know that the Texas A&M System would rather have their schools use the Texas A&M name where possible. They probably glare at Tarleton State all the time.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/education/schools/texas-am-university-commerce-wont-add-dallas-to-name-after-all-president-confirms/287-387cfd9f-b17e-430c-9df5-88d04a620418#:~:text=COMMERCE%2C Texas — Texas A%26M University,was no longer under consideration.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 5:16 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

East Texas A&M would be the best choice in my opinion but I know that the Texas A&M System would rather have their schools use the Texas A&M name where possible. They probably glare at Tarleton State all the time.

I assume they want no parts of any potential backlash to changing Prairie View's name 🤷🏾‍♂️😅

• LOL 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, Discrim said:

Is NAU known for ties to outer space like UCF is? 

14 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

New "alternate identity" for NAU. Feels a bit amateur to me. 

NAU is in Flagstaff, which is one of the most important cities outside of Florida for space travel and interstellar research. Pluto was first discovered at the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, and astronauts train and test equipment in Flagstaff due to the similar terrain to the moon, and the large Meteor Crater site outside of town. The city was also the first 'Dark Sky City' established to protect the visibility of the stars at night from anywhere in the city. They are very proud of their culture of scientific research up there! 

The look is certainly a bit minor league baseball, but I'd say the UCF branding is as well, and it still looks good and provides a fun alternate a few times a year. 

• Like 1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif