AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

The SPHL's Peoria Rivermen have updated their primary logo. They kept the captain's wheel, but simplified the skyline and river, and changed the font to something more like what they used in their IHL/ECHL/AHL days.

Old:

spacer.png

New:

spacer.png

The team has also unveiled a "40 Years" secondary/shoulder patch for the season:

spacer.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Bobcats are an expansion team for 2021-22, replacing the Danville Dashers of the Federal League in that market.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 4/1/2021 at 9:18 AM, QCS said:

Aaaaaaaand it's an April Fool's joke.

I actually kinda like the logo, Maybe we can get an alternate jersey for next year's April Fool's Day.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:42 AM, colinturner95 said:

Charlotte Checkers (@CheckersHockey) | Twitter

This could actually function as a pretty good shoulder logo. 

So is all North Carolina hockey based around sh=tposting now?

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Algerian, the font you use when you want "a fancy font," scroll down in alphabetical order, and say "yeah sure that first one'll work"

Ah yes, the old Yellow Pages method 

I saw, I came, I left.

• 3 weeks later...

The Canucks are officially moving their farm team to Abbotsford.

I'm sorry to see Utica left behind, as its a great hockey town, but excited for the farm club to be closer to home.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-confirm-intent-to-move-ahl-franchise-to-abbotsford/c-324348872

The Canucks confirmed the team will be getting a rebrand/new nickname, so thats exciting.

I'm hoping for the team to lean heavily into the Johnny Canuck identity for this. The Fraser Valley is a much more rural part of the province and an identity centered around Lumberjacks/Trappers/Woodsmen etc would fit really well. After the bland Vancouver Warriors identity reveal though I'm not too optimistic.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I'm sorry to see Utica left behind, as its a great hockey town, but excited for the farm club to be closer to home.

I don't think it'll be left behind for long; the Devils seem to be moving their farm team from Binghamton to Utica, if the Comets owner trademarking "Utica Devils" is any indication.

AHL Sound Tigers to Become Bridgeport Islanders?

May 5, 2021 - 18:18 PM

The American Hockey League’s Bridgeport Sound Tigers (the top-level affiliate of the New York Islanders) teased a potential change to their franchise this afternoon when they Tweeted out a video promising both a “Refresh” and a “Reboot”. Of course it took the Internet no more than five minutes to spot

Read More...

As with AAA baseball, there are some teams for whom I would like the parent team's name (I'd like to see a shot at the Rockford Blackhawks and Albany Rangers), but many more where it just does not port over. A team named for being on Long Island doesn't work in Connecticut. I can look back and laugh on the Capital District Islanders and Cape Breton Oilers (the CDIs were bad but assigning Nova Scotia an oil industry was worse) as relics of a bygone low-budget bus league, but in an era where the lowest of the low baseball teams can hire one of three shops to build a brand around the fact that their town used to have a box factory, there is no excuse for Bridgeport Islanders.

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫