AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

The OJHL has announced that a new team called the Haliburton County Huskies will begin playing next season in Minden, ON. No uniforms have been unveiled, but they did release their logo.

spacer.png

For sure... it's one thing for a team like the Toronto Blue Jays to have a leaf as part of their identity.  But a junior team in a league that's more or less localized to a single Canadian province?  Seems a bit redundant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Evidently someone decided that the AHL needed another "B-major club", because the Sound Tigers are now the Bridgeport Islanders;

E1BwGmzXsAEFXcs?format=jpg&name=medium

I always thought that Bridgeport Sound was the geographic indicator for the team, and Tigers was the nickname. Now I'm trying to wonder what a Sound Tiger is supposed to be.

Also, love to see a team not playing on an island called the Islanders.

• Like 3

Probably one of the laziest logos and most uninspired identities ever created. 

EDIT: Actually the Belleville Senators, Iowa Wild and Ontario Reign are up there too. Man I never realized the AHL was this bad. I'm never going to complain about minor league baseball branding again.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I always thought that Bridgeport Sound was the geographic indicator for the team, and Tigers was the nickname. Now I'm trying to wonder what a Sound Tiger is supposed to be.

Also, love to see a team not playing on an island called the Islanders.

Bridgeport, CT is located on the Long Island Sound, so that's where Sound came from in the name.

The new identity is awful -- I didn't particularly like the old name or logo (although I have a uniform from when they were blue/yellow/black in my closet) but at least it had character.

IUe6Hvh.png

And it's confirmed, the Sound Tigers are now the Bridgeport Islanders with the leaked logo;

I am thoroughly unpleased with this; not only is it just not a great logo, but it's replacing a unique minor-league identity with yet another goddamned "baby *major club*" team.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

EDIT: Actually the Belleville Senators, Iowa Wild and Ontario Reign are up there too. Man I never realized the AHL was this bad. I'm never going to complain about minor league baseball branding again.

Except the Belleville Sens actually look better than their parent club. Or at least they did before they promoted the red jersey to primary status.

spacer.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Except the Belleville Sens actually look better than their parent club. Or at least they did before they promoted the red jersey to primary status.

spacer.png

So do Providence:

EvBhUekXAAA-tox.jpg

• Like 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Wow.  This is Crew-level stupid.  It looks like something from the concepts area of these boards, but definitely not one of the good concepts.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.