North American Pro Soccer 2019

Gothamite

26 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

If they wanted a second team in Florida, just add the Tampa Bay Rowdies.  This whole stadium saga with Inter Miami doesn't look good for anybody. 

In theory the Tamp Bay Rowdies joining MLS would be great, especially with those kits & the instant rivalry with Orlando. Unfortunately the ownership (Tampa Bay Rays) has publicly stated that they won't pursue a jump to MLS for now. Who knows maybe in the future. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wings said:

In theory the Tamp Bay Rowdies joining MLS would be great, especially with those kits & the instant rivalry with Orlando. Unfortunately the ownership (Tampa Bay Rays) has publicly stated that they won't pursue a jump to MLS for now. Who knows maybe in the future. 

That's right, the Rowdies are owned by a team with stadium issues of their own. 

I get expansion woes but ooof! 6 straight games without a running goal (Had a penalty goal against KC) and have been outscored 11-1 and now on our fourth straight shutout loss. FC Cincinnati has got to get it together.

spacer.png

Signature intentionally left blank

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

I get expansion woes but ooof! 6 straight games without a running goal (Had a penalty goal against KC) and have been outscored 11-1 and now on our fourth straight shutout loss. FC Cincinnati has got to get it together.

spacer.png

My Timbers remember!!

USL League One to add an Omaha team:

https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2019/05/usl-league-one-omaha-club-set-for-2020-launch/

USL League One will expand to Omaha in 2020, with the upstart club to play home matches at Werner Park.

The yet-to-be-branded USL League One Omaha club has been awarded to Alliance Omaha Soccer Holdings, an entity led by Gary Green, an owner of Minor League Baseball’s Omaha Storm Chasers (Class AAA; Pacific Coast League). Both teams will play at Werner Park, which is located in suburban Papillion and has been home to the Storm Chasers since its 2011 opening.

The team will host its inaugural season in 2020 and will be the only professional soccer club currently operating in the state of Nebraska. 

“The Omaha soccer community has been yearning for a team to call their own and more importantly deserve a team to call their own,” said Gary Green, owner and CEO of Alliance Omaha Soccer. “The USL’s vision to grow the beautiful game has shifted the dynamics of cities and communities across the country, creating an energy and passion that these communities have never seen before. Like other USL cities, Omaha metro and Sarpy County will experience this same shift.”

USL is the largest professional soccer organization in North America and operates multiple tiers of the soccer pyramid, ranging from professional leagues such as Championship and League One, along with pre-professional leagues. League One began play in 2019 with ten inaugural clubs. The third division league has focused on launching new clubs in markets that possess strong local ownership groups, populations with broad-based diversity, a vibrant millennial and strong family base, established corporate support, and stadiums to properly showcase the sport for fans, partners and the public.

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Just more of the "we're more organic than thou" toxicity that unfortunately infects the sport's lower divisions.

I'm a billion percent with you on this BS. I see it on occasion even with the NPSL supporters here in Little Rock, to the point that it makes me want to move to a bigger city so I can simply be above it all and declare myself too good to care. I'm talking about an all-amateur team (NCAA rules and all that) with some people talking about how we need pro-rel to save soccer or whatever. We'd still be in the fourth division and all of soccer's power would be concentrated into a few teams in the most major cities. People think it's been annoying to see the Patriots keep winning Super Bowls, but they want a system that's given us six-straight (likely seven-straight after this season) titles for Bayern Munich and eight-straight for Juventus.

Anyway, I do understand some of the pushback in Chattanooga. We're not talking about a top flight team, or even a second division team coming to town. It's a third division team coming in to compete against what is essentially a fourth division team. So I can understand some drama coming from people that spent the last decade supporting CFC who have made some headlines for their support and on-field success not wanting to worry about their team being killed by a new team moving in. I also vaguely remember some stuff about people moving from the CFC group to the Red Wolves (not the ones my name is based on) group.

9 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I'm a billion percent with you on this BS. I see it on occasion even with the NPSL supporters here in Little Rock, to the point that it makes me want to move to a bigger city so I can simply be above it all and declare myself too good to care. I'm talking about an all-amateur team (NCAA rules and all that) with some people talking about how we need pro-rel to save soccer or whatever. We'd still be in the fourth division and all of soccer's power would be concentrated into a few teams in the most major cities. People think it's been annoying to see the Patriots keep winning Super Bowls, but they want a system that's given us six-straight (likely seven-straight after this season) titles for Bayern Munich and eight-straight for Juventus.

Anyway, I do understand some of the pushback in Chattanooga. We're not talking about a top flight team, or even a second division team coming to town. It's a third division team coming in to compete against what is essentially a fourth division team. So I can understand some drama coming from people that spent the last decade supporting CFC who have made some headlines for their support and on-field success not wanting to worry about their team being killed by a new team moving in. I also vaguely remember some stuff about people moving from the CFC group to the Red Wolves (not the ones my name is based on) group.

I appreciate this context, as the St. Louis soccer fan scene certainly is not without its drama, but there's nothing like that. There's a good contingent of St. Louis FC fans that have negative feelings towards people who want an MLS team but don't already show that support to the USL team already in St. Lou, and they feel that the mediocre attendance numbers at St. Louis FC games is going to harm the MLS bid. Mind you, they all support an MLS team being awarded so that tension doesn't exist, but St. Louis FC is having a really good season and they don't like that it's ignored or overshadowed by fans who would only care if it's an MLS team.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

For anyone who cares...

MLS Commits to Hosting Future All-Star Game in Nashville

Fresh off the NFL Draft just held in Nashville and the NHL All-Star Game two or three years back now comes this.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, Digby said:

New England has given up 13 goals in the past 3 games. That’s insane! And their manager is Brad Friedel!

Yeah but at least they have won a couple games and scored goals. Meanwhile FC Cincinnati has lost 6 of 7 games and have been outscored 12-1 (the one goal being a PK in a 1-1 draw vs KC). Lost and shutout 5 straight games. We havent had a win or a running goal since our game in New England on March 24. Ive heard of expansion woes but this is just getting sad.

This goal earned Seattle a point against Minnesota yesterday, and it was such a sweet strike that I couldn't even be mad about it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

On 5/3/2019 at 9:14 AM, McCarthy said:

Beginning to think our beloved Fussball Club is not very good. 

Or were the expectations greatly overblown?

Out of curiosity, how many current players were from their USL roster?  Those guys and other USL signings are "playing up" and not just against a MLS squad in the US Open Cup on a random Tuesday, but every d@mn day.  

3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Or were the expectations greatly overblown?

Out of curiosity, how many current players were from their USL roster?  Those guys and other USL signings are "playing up" and not just against a MLS squad in the US Open Cup on a random Tuesday, but every d@mn day.  

Ten. Of the ten Ledesma, Lasso, Hoyte and Albadawi had never played in MLS, however Hoyte is a veteran player with Premier League experience in England. Head Coach Alan Koch, assistant coach Yoann Domet, Goal keeper coach Jack Stern, and strength and conditioning coach Austin Berry (who also played with FC Cincinnati before retiring prior to last season) also moved up with the team

Emery Welshman-on loan to Forge FC (Previous MLS experience includes one game with Toronto and on roster but never played with Salt Lake)

Spencer Richey-GK (who has honestly played better than their international signing of Przemyslaw Tyton who is a waste of an international spot IMO. Only one prior MLS start with Vancouver.)

Jimmy McLaughlin-MF (on season ending injury after an ACL injury before the preseason, one of two remaining original members from first USL season. Made 3 appearances with Philadelphia between 2012-15)

Emmanuel Ledesma- Midfielder (who was USL MVP last season)

Forrest Lasso- Defender (who was USL defender of the year last season)

Justin Hoyte- Defender. (An Arsenal youth product and played in England until coming to Cincinnati in 2017)

Corben Bone- Midfielder (one of two remaining original members from 1st USL season, also MLS experience with Chicago and Philadelphia)

Nazmi Albadawi- Midfielder

Fatai Alashe- Midfielder (joined from San Jose midway through last season)

Fanendo Adi- Forward (joined from Portland near end of last season)

On 5/5/2019 at 2:24 PM, Mockba said:

This goal earned Seattle a point against Minnesota yesterday, and it was such a sweet strike that I couldn't even be mad about it.

Through a very small opening, too. That this was the only goal the Loons conceded on their homestand is also a very good sign. (That they've shipped Francisco Calvo to Chicago Fire and benched Michael Boxall is another; they had been responsible for gifting a lot of goals to the opposition this season.)

CCSLC signature.png

Feels like we've seen this repeatedly with MLS's "promoted" teams; everyone thinks it would be heartwarming to have as much continuity as possible from the lower-league days but it's not a winning formula at all.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived