NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

18 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

I would rather their current set, the orange helmet doesn’t change. Ever.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough of this Browns white helmet garbage. It won't happen and it shouldn't ever happen. It only happened in the 40's/50's because the team had no established history as opposed to now where it's very clear what the Cleveland Browns should look like.

If by some ridiculous chance the Browns do go with a white helmet then it would be a big mistake. Just because they won AAFC Championships with the white helmet doesn't mean switching to it will immediately result in success. It's foolish. The orange helmet is the teams identity. It's what you think of when you hear the name Cleveland Browns. Why mess with that?

bSLCtu2.png

@BellaSpurs @Old School Fool Awww, afraid of some bad ass white helmets. I am all for it. The orange ones are done. Time to embrace the change! Besides, they have a crisp, clean look. The orange lids, white jerseys, and brown pants look ugly. The orange lids and all white with brown socks suck. White lids, white jerseys, white pants and or brown pants is 100%!

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

@BellaSpurs @Old School Fool Awww, afraid of some bad ass white helmets. I am all for it. The orange ones are done. Time to embrace the change! Besides, they have a crisp, clean look. The orange lids, white jerseys, and brown pants look ugly. The orange lids and all white with brown socks suck. White lids, white jerseys, white pants and or brown pants is 100%!

Well that’s just your opinion. The browns have an established look. There is a reason why the orange helmet has been their primary logo for decades it’s their primary identifier. Now changing to white is nothing but change for changes sake and adds nothing to the browns but instead strips away any anything that made them unique and clearly the browns.

18 hours ago, Bluefalcon said:

I get what you're saying, but the NFL doesn't even sell pants, just the jerseys. It would make sense if the Saints stood to make more money sporting the ballerina look...but I think it's a couple of hundred fans voting on Twitter. Never let the inmates run the asylum!

Outside of the game-worn pants some team Pro Shops sell (the Titans pro shop at Nissan Stadium has a bunch of the former white pants for sale), I've never understood why the NFL doesn't sell "pants", so to speak. Those who remember the windbreaker craze of the  '80s and '90s remember when the Adidas pants (along with the entire tracksuit) was the thing du jour...I used to always wonder why the NFL never saw fit to make and sell windbreaker pants, sweatpants, or even shorts with the pants stripes of the respective teams. To me, they're sitting on a goldmine.

8 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

cleveland%2Bbrowns.png

You know, having never really seen this done in concept form before (and I don't know how I haven't), I'd have never advocated any kind of change to the "classic" Browns look i.e. the orange helmet, but looking at this set here...I'm convinced. This look can work for a revitalized and reenergized Browns organization, and I'd be all for it. It keeps enough of the Browns' visual cues while also at the same time being obviously very different. It's essentially be a modern-day equivalent, from an impact standpoint, to what the Buccaneers pulled off in 1997. And to be real, dang near the entirety of the "new" Browns' history is riddled with futility; why not signal a breakaway and shift toward a new season in Browns' culture? Sure, many will hate it if they do this (because some people just are too stubborn to embrace change,  I get it--and I used to be one of them, just to be sure--but other than the helmet color change, it's still a really simple, clean look that still says "Browns". Shoot, do it! (This only works if they keep white socks under the brown pants--that is an absolutely non-negotiable must--and, of course, start winning on the field.)

I also love the deemphasis on orange here. I know, I know, the team was named for the owner and not the color, but shoot, why not embrace it all the way? Brown and white with a little bit of orange. That plus the Padres reclaiming their brown makes this the perfect opportunity to catapult brown as the new black. 

(And all this is coming from a 37-year old guy who counts the Kansas Citt Chiefs' uniform as one of his top two league looks.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

19 minutes ago, Buc said:

Outside of the game-worn pants some team Pro Shops sell (the Titans pro shop at Nissan Stadium has a bunch of the former white pants for sale), I've never understood why the NFL doesn't sell "pants", so to speak. Those who remember the windbreaker craze of the  '80s and '90s remember when the Adidas pants (along with the entire tracksuit) was the thing du jour...I used to always wonder why the NFL never saw fit to make and sell windbreaker pants, sweatpants, or even shorts with the pants stripes of the respective teams. To me, they're sitting on a goldmine.

Nike sells shorts that atleast resemble the pants, pants stripes and all, or as close as they can get on the shorts template

1 hour ago, Buc said:

I used to always wonder why the NFL never saw fit to make and sell windbreaker pants, sweatpants, or even shorts with the pants stripes of the respective teams. To me, they're sitting on a goldmine.

Reebok (I think...maybe it was Nike's first or second year) sold shorts that looked like football pants one year.

Stance makes boxer briefs that look like NBA shorts...seems like NFL boxers that look like football pants could work too. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Enough of this Browns white helmet garbage. It won't happen and it shouldn't ever happen. It only happened in the 40's/50's because the team had no established history as opposed to now where it's very clear what the Cleveland Browns should look like.

If by some ridiculous chance the Browns do go with a white helmet then it would be a big mistake. Just because they won AAFC Championships with the white helmet doesn't mean switching to it will immediately result in success. It's foolish. The orange helmet is the teams identity. It's what you think of when you hear the name Cleveland Browns. Why mess with that?

Thats also like, your opinion and not actual fact.

5 minutes ago, Jgreiner said:

Thats also like, your opinion and not actual fact.

Well it’s an opinion supported by facts, not just “white helmets look bad ass”, and “orange is ugly” which are just one persons opinion. @Old School Fool Supported his opinion with historical relevancy and organizational identity which trumps simple things like personal feelings any time.

4 hours ago, Buc said:

I have a pair of shorts that match these, but without the B logo (though I bought them about four years before the uniform pants existed).

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

9 hours ago, Buc said:

You know, having never really seen this done in concept form before (and I don't know how I haven't), I'd have never advocated any kind of change to the "classic" Browns look i.e. the orange helmet, but looking at this set here...I'm convinced. This look can work for a revitalized and reenergized Browns organization, and I'd be all for it. It keeps enough of the Browns' visual cues while also at the same time being obviously very different. It's essentially be a modern-day equivalent, from an impact standpoint, to what the Buccaneers pulled off in 1997. And to be real, dang near the entirety of the "new" Browns' history is riddled with futility; why not signal a breakaway and shift toward a new season in Browns' culture? Sure, many will hate it if they do this (because some people just are too stubborn to embrace change,  I get it--and I used to be one of them, just to be sure--but other than the helmet color change, it's still a really simple, clean look that still says "Browns". Shoot, do it! (This only works if they keep white socks under the brown pants--that is an absolutely non-negotiable must--and, of course, start winning on the field.)

I also love the deemphasis on orange here. I know, I know, the team was named for the owner and not the color, but shoot, why not embrace it all the way? Brown and white with a little bit of orange. That plus the Padres reclaiming their brown makes this the perfect opportunity to catapult brown as the new black. 

(And all this is coming from a 37-year old guy who counts the Kansas Citt Chiefs' uniform as one of his top two league looks.)

I know. The cleaner look is what the Browns need. The less emphasis on orange is my favorite thing about that guy's concept of the white helmets. It also breaks them away from looking like the Bengals since orange works on them now more so than the Browns.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:24 AM, nuordr said:

Actually, they did know that orange numbers wouldn't work on the brown jersey as they had that look in the preseason games of 1984. 

spacer.png

In their defense that was a completely different franchise.  That said it still should have been caught in a on field testing like the Jags did with teal numbers on black jerseys.

2 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

I know. The cleaner look is what the Browns need. The less emphasis on orange is my favorite thing about that guy's concept of the white helmets. It also breaks them away from looking like the Bengals since orange works on them now more so than the Browns.

You know the bengals got their original look from the browns right? 

5 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

2 hours ago, dont care said:

You know the bengals got their original look from the browns right? 

Adding to this, you know the Bengals were started by Paul Brown after Modell fired him from the Browns?

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

5 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Adding to this, you know the Bengals were started by Paul Brown after Modell fired him from the Browns?

Yes I do. But now that rivalry is gone because the two have passed. So now it is time for Cleveland to go back to 1946 (white helmet wise).

6 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Yes I do. But now that rivalry is gone because the two have passed. So now it is time for Cleveland to go back to 1946 (white helmet wise).

I don't think so.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

56 minutes ago, dont care said:

What rock have you been living under?

None kind sir! I mean the orange helmets been around since 1950, right? What, 1950- current. The white helmets were 1946-1951. I would give a chance for change you know. Hell, is it wrong for me to like Cleveland in white helmets? I am a fan of the 1947-1949 look. I would welcome it with open arms.

Just like the Jets new look. I love those to death. Unlike the Browns, the Jets are better leaving the 1963-1977 era back and returning to their 1978-1997 era. Just some uniforms work on certain teams now a days while others are usually left to be fixed.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers need a new grey. Like I said in a concept threat of a post that slate grey would work now a days. But the ugly uniforms they got on now is a testament that no one can't design that team as great as their 1997 templates

New York Jets. I dig the new look.

Cleveland Browns, those 2015 ugly designs are a nightmare as ever. With the orange helmets still being orange, it just makes the ugly uniforms even more uglier! As ugly as peanut butter and chocolate together. The helmets is peanut butter, the jerseys is chocolate, and the pants is sugar/vanilla/whipped cream whatever it can be considered. I mean the orange helmets been around since 1950 and it's time they revive their 1946 white lid style with a new twist (helmet stripes).

3 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

None kind sir! I mean the orange helmets been around since 1950, right? What, 1950- current. The white helmets were 1946-1951. I would give a chance for change you know. Hell, is it wrong for me to like Cleveland in white helmets? I am a fan of the 1947-1949 look. I would welcome it with open arms.

Just like the Jets new look. I love those to death. Unlike the Browns, the Jets are better leaving the 1963-1977 era back and returning to their 1978-1997 era. Just some uniforms work on certain teams now a days while others are usually left to be fixed.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers need a new grey. Like I said in a concept threat of a post that slate grey would work now a days. But the ugly uniforms they got on now is a testament that no one can't design that team as great as their 1997 templates

Cleveland Browns, those 2015 ugly designs are a as a nightmare as ever. With the orange helmets still being orange, it just makes the ugly uniforms even more uglier! As ugly as peanut butter and chocolate together. The helmets is peanut butter, the jerseys is chocolate, and the pants is sugar/vanilla/whipped cream whatever it can be considered. I mean the orange helmets been around since 1950 and it's time they revive their 1946 white lid style with a new twist (helmet stripes).

Instead of just saying I like this so it should be this way, use actual logic like the rest of us have.

5 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Cleveland Browns, those 2015 ugly designs are a as a nightmare as ever. With the orange helmets still being orange, it just makes the ugly uniforms even more beautiful! As beautiful as peanut butter and chocolate together. The helmets is peanut butter, the jerseys is chocolate, and the pants is sugar/vanilla/whipped cream whatever it can be considered. I mean the orange helmets been around since 1950 and it's time they revive their 1946 white lid style with a new twist (helmet stripes).

Cleveland has always been fairly traditional uniform wise (save for the current set). The reason Tampa Bay changed was they needed something to stick out and be trendy in the 90's/2000's. You may as well be saying that the BIlls go back to red hlemets because they went to 4 Super Bowls and had the most success they had, or that Green Bay go back to Navy/Gold since they won NFL Titles in those colors. Cleveland may not have won an NFL championship, but the orange helmet is very much a symbol of the team and if it changed it would cause a riot among Cleveland faithful. 

Also FIFY.

Archived