NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

6 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Cleveland has always been fairly traditional uniform wise (save for the current set). The reason Tampa Bay changed was they needed something to stick out and be trendy in the 90's/2000's. You may as well be saying that the BIlls go back to red hlemets because they went to 4 Super Bowls and had the most success they had, or that Green Bay go back to Navy/Gold since they won NFL Titles in those colors. Cleveland may not have won an NFL championship, but the orange helmet is very much a symbol of the team and if it changed it would cause a riot among Cleveland faithful. 

Also FIFY.

Well Buffalo can stay with white lids, Green Bay's navy and yellow-gold should stay a alternate, Tampa Bay's 1997 uniform template is far greater than the 2013 mess they have on now with the cluster:censored: that makes the uniform so ugly. They pewter is taupe now from what the helmet and pants look like. Cleveland can stay traditional, but I am just more inclined to their 1947-1949 look before the orange lids debut in 1950.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

The helmets is peanut butter, the jerseys is chocolate, and the pants is sugar/vanilla/whipped cream whatever it can be considered.

This is hard-hitting analysis if I've ever seen it. And not grammatically cringeworthy at all. 

T1oYViW.png

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

As ugly as peanut butter and chocolate together.

So I'm assuming you don't like Reese's?

The Browns will never go to a white helmet. The orange helmet is their look. They've won championships in those helmets. I know Cleveland will riot if the Browns change their helmet color. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

The Browns will never go to a white helmet. The orange helmet is their look. They've won championships in those helmets. I know Cleveland will riot if the Browns change their helmet color. 

Interesting that you mention Reese's since that's a product with wonderful branding including a great color scheme of brown, orange, (and yellow).

REESES_VIS_logo_Brand_primary.jpg

I mean come on, that's a great aesthetic. It's classic, simple, unique, and NOSTALGIC. I can't see it without thinking of a delicious peanut butter cup on Halloween night. 

Anyway what are we discussing? Football?

10 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Tampa Bay changed was they needed something to stick out and be trendy in the 90's/2000's.

Actually,  sir, the reason Tampa Bay changed in '97 was to get as far removed from the "Yuccaneer" years as possible, that period being from '84 to '95--which cost me my beloved creamsicle, but whatevs. (And yet for all that they still weren't even the most futile franchise during that time.) Being "trendy" really had nothing to do with it-- but they did indeed create some trends with that rebrand, such as catapulting gray into the national conscience as a primary sports color, and starting the shift in the NFL back into black cleats at a time when just about every team wore white.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

@SilverStar

Because 69 years of the orange helmet, and 49 years of their logo being an orange helmet isn’t enough for you? The white helmet is better? 

Lets give the Red Sox some black socks then, and the St. Louis Blues a yellow primary. Because logic and common sense

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

8 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

@SilverStar

Because 69 years of the orange helmet, and 49 years of their logo being an orange helmet isn’t enough for you? The white helmet is better? 

Lets give the Red Sox some black socks then, and the St. Louis Blues a yellow primary. Because logic and common sense

Really poor comparisons since 1) the browns aren’t named for a color, and 2) even if they were, orange is NOT that color, unlike your other examples (though the blues aren’t named for a color either). 

I wouldn’t put the browns in a white helmet, but I don’t think it’s the craziest idea I’ve ever heard. I’d stick with orange, maybe more matte, and gray mask. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Would you say it was as weird as the Chicago White Sox wearing non-white soc...wait...

NS4KAVl.jpg

1 hour ago, Echo said:

Would you say it was as weird as the Chicago White Sox wearing non-white soc...wait...

NS4KAVl.jpg

Do the white Sox have a logo with white socks?  The Red Sox have a logo with their Red Sox, so yea it would be weird for them to wear something like navy Sox which they tried in 2008 on the aways and quickly changed it due to fans complaints.

19 minutes ago, dont care said:

Do the white Sox have a logo with white socks?  The Red Sox have a logo with their Red Sox, so yea it would be weird for them to wear something like navy Sox which they tried in 2008 on the aways and quickly changed it due to fans complaints.

Not a primary logo, but they do have a secondary logo that features a white sock:

2fqpOe6.gif

They have used several different logos over the years featuring white socks:

mHV3aIM.png  M3NkGuS.png  wPKYbkp.gif

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:03 PM, panthers_2012 said:

23 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Interesting that you mention Reese's since that's a product with wonderful branding including a great color scheme of brown, orange, (and yellow).

REESES_VIS_logo_Brand_primary.jpg

I mean come on, that's a great aesthetic. It's classic, simple, unique, and NOSTALGIC. I can't see it without thinking of a delicious peanut butter cup on Halloween night. 

Anyway what are we discussing? Football?

God dang, look what I started! The whole Resse's thing! And yes, I do not like Reese's that much. I used to, but it was just too much calories!

19 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

@SilverStar

Great, you brought other teams up.

Ok, first of all, the Red Sox would look ugly in black socks.

The Blues having yellow as a alt would work. Yellow-gold tops with the blue in it would work. I would love to see that done. Make that happen.

Why are you holding on to 69 years of that peanut butter covered helmet?

I mean come on, see how the Titans ditch the white helmets for navy blue helmets? They seemed to leave both their Oilers and their 1999-2017 Titans history and went away from it for good. Fans did not riot as much from what I saw.

Same how the Chargers went back to white lids.

Oh and Buffalo going back to white lids too.

Who else did I leave out?

Oh yeah, the Jets going back to their 1978-1997 green lids status quo as well. I grew up to the Jets green lids and those screamed JETS!

So, I will play your game then,

What if the Spurs went back to the Dallas Chaparrals old red, blue, and white color scheme?

What if the Dallas Cowboys ditched the silver-blue, silver, and metallic cyan in favor for white lids and white trousers? How you feel then? 

Or better yet, how would you feel if the Astros go back to the 1990's navy blue, gold, and white? I wonder how you feel then?

Finally, I bet it would turn your stomach if the Panthers decided to make Carolina blue, and white trousers their primary jerseys and trousers. I bet that would kill your soul!

22 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Finally, I bet it would turn your stomach if the Panthers decided to make Carolina blue, and white trousers their primary jerseys and trousers.

Actually, no that wouldn't. 

23 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

I bet that would kill your soul!

spacer.png

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 6/26/2019 at 1:42 PM, leopard88 said:

I have a pair of shorts that match these, but without the B logo (though I bought them about four years before the uniform pants existed).

spacer.png

Yeah they change year to year what they do with the shorts. I believe the training camp shorts do have the team specific striping. I have wanted to get the Dolphin shorts but they are $75(!!!!!) [For anyone looking for them, they are called "Team Name Speed Vent Shorts" ]

nike-anthracite-mens-miami-dolphins-spee

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

5 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Great, you brought other teams up.

Ok, first of all, the Red Sox would look ugly in black socks.

The Blues having yellow as a alt would work. Yellow-gold tops with the blue in it would work. I would love to see that done. Make that happen.

Why are you holding on to 69 years of that peanut butter covered helmet?

I mean come on, see how the Titans ditch the white helmets for navy blue helmets? They seemed to leave both their Oilers and their 1999-2017 Titans history and went away from it for good. Fans did not riot as much from what I saw.

Same how the Chargers went back to white lids.

Oh and Buffalo going back to white lids too.

Who else did I leave out?

Oh yeah, the Jets going back to their 1978-1997 green lids status quo as well. I grew up to the Jets green lids and those screamed JETS!

So, I will play your game then,

What if the Spurs went back to the Dallas Chaparrals old red, blue, and white color scheme?

What if the Dallas Cowboys ditched the silver-blue, silver, and metallic cyan in favor for white lids and white trousers? How you feel then? 

Or better yet, how would you feel if the Astros go back to the 1990's navy blue, gold, and white? I wonder how you feel then?

Finally, I bet it would turn your stomach if the Panthers decided to make Carolina blue, and white trousers their primary jerseys and trousers. I bet that would kill your soul!

The problem is none of those teams almost base their entire identity around the orange helmet, when you say the browns, the orange helmet came to mind. 

You say the Red Sox would look ugly in black socks, you get the idea, a team with their logo being a famous part of their uniforms should never change that part of their uniform. Especially if it’s been a part of it for years. 

The blues was a bad example so I claim fault to that. But your other examples, including the Titans, Chargers, Bills, and Jets (except for the Oilers for 9 years in the 70s) never once had a logo be their helmet. So I find it ridiculous to compare the two. And all of those examples (except for the titans) were fan pleasers, which would be the opposite of what a white helmet would be for Cleveland.

Your Spurs, Cowboys, Astros and Panthers comparisons also fall short as their about a change in color scheme, most of which would receive incredible backlash, much like your white helmet would. But they bare no semblance to changing the iconic, long lasting, famous, orange helmet and accompanying logo of the historic Browns, and if even a bengals fan can recognize this then your logic is clearly missing. A change in helmet would immediately be a top contender for the worst redesign ever

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 6/29/2019 at 1:39 AM, BellaSpurs said:

You say the Red Sox would look ugly in black socks, you get the idea, a team with their logo being a famous part of their uniforms should never change that part of their uniform. Especially if it’s been a part of it for years. 

Interesting, because I'd say the single worst design decision the Red Sox ever made was going to the entirely red sock look. 

61xu7dY1NdL._SX466_.jpg

THIS is what the Red Sox should look like.

On topic:

1) The Browns helmet is good, stop trying to change a good thing for the sake of change.

2) Peanut Butter, mmmmmmmm.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived