NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

On 7/30/2019 at 10:36 AM, simtek34 said:

Since the Warriors are having “The City” HWC Uniforms next season, that means that 4 out of 10 Hardwood Classics Uniforms have been announced or leaked. The Rockets (Mustard), Kings (1990s Royal Blue), Grizzlies (Inaugural Teal), and the Warriors. Re-Quote of my guesses from a few weeks ago. Anybody else got any guesses for the final 6?

Besides GSW, how many are correct @Conrad.?

Add the Sixers to the confirmed.  5 to go?

Do they try to even them out between conferences?  This would be the first Eastern Conference team to get a classic for 19-20.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philadelphia 76ers Unveil New Throwback Uniform for 2019-20 Season

August 1, 2019 - 15:47 PM

The Philadelphia 76ers this morning unveiled their new throwback “Classic” edition uniform for the 2019-20 NBA season. Throwing things back fifty seasons, the Sixers will wear the design of the 1970-71 team, a white uniform with red and blue trim, […]

Read More...

21 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

It's almost as if they want to throw back to that vanilla 2003-2008 set, but worse. At least that set had the cool star on the collar.

spacer.png

Guys, it's the exact same uniform they used last year....

It's just they are switching it from the statement to the icon.

12 minutes ago, kimball said:

Are those sans pinstripes? I can't really tell?

They're probably still there. The blue pin stripes can be a bit hard to spot from far away. Makes it seem like they're not really there at times.

5 minutes ago, NunsDupreAllDay said:

Guys, it's the exact same uniform they used last year....

It's just they are switching it from the statement to the icon.

Yes, I know. See my comment above.

31 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

It's almost as if they want to throw back to that vanilla 2003-2008 set, but worse. At least that set had the cool star on the collar.

spacer.png

The rare uniform set that I completely forget ever existed. Not one single memory of this one on the court.

Welp. That was underwhelming. See you next year for the inevitable black 2001 units that the fans actually want to see if Chris Heck actually has his head on straight... 

And the Sixers confirmed that the statement will say "Phila" instead of "Sixers"

"That will be unveiled later in the year, around late October or early November. And then finally, and this probably speaks to why we chose this uniform, our Statement Edition is going to be a little different this year. In the past, it had 'Sixers' in script, but this season it will say 'Phila.' So having our Classic Edition spell out the Seventy Sixers allows us to still have that sort of in our portfolio."

I mean I like the "PHILA" wordmark thing but to have it on all three of the "normal" uniforms seems like overkill. On the other hand I never liked that cursive Sixers script on the current reds. The pre-Nike red Sixers alt was pretty ideal for me.

And if we could use the Nike scheme to have fun remix fauxback designs, instead of weirdo concepts beamed in from out of space ... I think the current template on a black base, with gold/red/white trim inspired by the Iverson era, would be a real nice look. But that's me!

1 hour ago, Pyromania1983 said:

Interesting thing to note with this reveal. "Earned" editions won't be in the form of uniforms anymore. ???

EA5T8dxWwAYq0kM.png

Compression gear? Socks?

18 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I was hoping the Sixers would just be drawing inspiration from that '76 set, and maybe clean it up a bit. But it looks like they're just going straight up throwback

The good thing about the Sixers is they have a TON of good throwbacks to go with in the future. Then again "good" is being a bit too nice to some of the uniforms.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I found this little tidbit about these throwback jerseys from here: https://www.nba.com/sixers/history/uniform.html

1970-71 -- With its red-in-blue and cursive lettering, the Sixers next official home uniform (the old red garb was retained for away games), did not please Sixers suppliers. Midseason trades meant impossible turn-around times for these custom-sewn, flowing script uniforms. In the middle of the season a switch is made and Seventy Sixers, in script, replaces PHILA on the front of the uniform.

So they switched mid-way through the season? I wonder if there are any other examples of this happening ... not just in the NBA but the big four as well?

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Add the Sixers to the confirmed.  5 to go?

Do they try to even them out between conferences?  This would be the first Eastern Conference team to get a classic for 19-20.

Apparently there will be 12, not 10 Classic Uniforms, according to this right here

So that means

Rockets

Kings

Grizzlies

Warriors

76ers

_____

_____

_____

_____

_____

_____