NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

That’s odd how few times the classic is worn at home, especially considering it’s the 50th anniversary and their court goes so well with it.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ror1997 said:

Nets debuting their gray graffiti jersey tonight against the Rockets. Rockets are wearing White. 

This will go over well on here. 

It’s actually not that bad. I’m just glad the Rockets aren’t wearing their black Statement Jersey. 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

42 minutes ago, kimball said:

That’s odd how few times the classic is worn at home, especially considering it’s the 50th anniversary and their court goes so well with it.

They’re having decade-themed nights for each of the five decades of their history, which I guess is why they’re only wearing them at home those five times. It sounds like the City uniform will go just as well with the court, and they’re wearing those at home a bunch of times.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Thumbs up on the actual jersey.  Thumbs down on having Peachtree on the front. 

With everyone so protective of their branding, it seems weird to have a jersey without the team's proper name or the city on the front, even on a city jersey.

I get the grey nets jersey are probably a homage to the old nets but the one sided stripe is bugging the LIVING SOUL out of me. I wish the stripes could appear on both sides. It just bothers me so much when basketball uniforms have only one side be designed. Especially if it’s a vertical stripe design like the nets in this case and the hornets 

IMG-7122.gif

4 hours ago, kimball said:

It’s actually not that bad. I’m just glad the Rockets aren’t wearing their black Statement Jersey. 

Yeah, the gray was darker than i had thought it would be, so it was obvious as to who was who. 

would have rather seen the rockets wear red, since the color pops off the gray court. 

The Blazers are having 70’s night tonight as the first of their five decade-themed nights of the season, and fittingly playing the 76ers in a rematch of the ‘77 Finals. While the uniform matchup won’t be the exact same as the ‘77 Finals, it’ll be pretty close as the Blazers will be in their ‘77 throwback reds and the Sixers will be in their standard white set, which is heavily inspired by their ‘70’s uniforms:

spacer.pngspacer.png

For reference, here’s a photo from the ‘77 Finals:

spacer.png

Should be a fantastic looking game, and there’ll be plenty of ‘70’a flavor by way of special guests, themed music and graphics, and the Blazers’ coaching staff (or at least Stotts) will likely be in ‘70’s themed garb.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, d11king said:

Nope. Not sure what Danny is talking about. Maybe 2020/21 season?

On 11/1/2019 at 10:36 PM, mgfoxx said:

Also, this Mavs look is growing on me.spacer.png

Almost like a college basketball uniform set--before they started adding school, conference, memorial and/or NCAA logos:

481005301.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=120

Archived