NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

Sixers and Trail Blazers basically gave us the 1977 Finals uniform matchup last night! Despite the fact that Philly wore white on the road, really beautiful looking matchup!

Image result for 76ers vs trail blazers 1977

Image result for 76ers vs trail blazers

Related image

This match with the court that night was BEAUTIFUL

On 11/3/2019 at 9:56 AM, Pyromania1983 said:

Sixers and Trail Blazers basically gave us the 1977 Finals uniform matchup last night! Despite the fact that Philly wore white on the road, really beautiful looking matchup!

Image result for 76ers vs trail blazers 1977

Related image

SIDEBAR: I'd love to see a black version of these retros 

28 minutes ago, dont care said:

Right because white should be the home team. Less color vs color the better

I'm actually growing accustomed to white on the road ... something we're seeing a lot more lately. I don't mind it. And, maybe that's because I'm used to watching the NHL?

Either way, I'd prefer color vs. color where appropriate. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, d11king said:

Does anyone know why we don’t see more color-color matchups. I feel like seeing white for the road teams every time can get a bit boring. 

When I first heard there were going to be more colour vs colour games, I wasn't expecting the mess that has happened.  I figured the road team would still always be in their dark jersey and occasionally the home team would wear their dark jersey when it fits.  

2 hours ago, kimball said:

I'm actually growing accustomed to white on the road ... something we're seeing a lot more lately. I don't mind it. And, maybe that's because I'm used to watching the NHL?

Either way, I'd prefer color vs. color where appropriate. 

yeah white on the road is starting to grow on me somewhat, but color on color when appropriate looks so much IMO, especially when the colors contrast each other. Like Timberwolves and the Heat. Would love to see a blue vs red game. 

the white jerseys on road thing seems like their trying to match the NFL/NHL. Still looks very weird, especially considering one of the most beautiful NBA series I’ve ever seen was that Chicago Bulls/Celtics matchup a couple years ago where they played all those crazy OT’s. Gonna be hard to get used to (but I’m a Laker fan, so seeing gold on the road instead of white will always please me)

The Nets and Pelicans is a perfect example of color-color.. would’ve looked amazing if the Pelicans were in red.

and now that I think about it, i know the Nets will mix it up with white, black and gray, but all season of just gray and white in BK will be lame. Would be nice to see teams’ personalities. Celtics green, Blazers red, Sixers blue. I think that example there is the biggest gripe with white on the road. I know for sure it’s mine

Blazers are in their traditional black against the Warriors wearing SF throwbacks. The Chase Center lower bowl seems to be supporting the road team, as there are quite a few empty black seats (lol I'm salty).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I love it when teams in white wear colored headbands and other accessories as Ingram and Holiday did against the Nets. The same way Iverson sometimes used to do with the Sixers or LeBron early on with the Cavs. Doesn't look good the other way around, though, when white headbands are worn with color unis.

w640xh480_GettyImages-1179496766.jpg?ts=

In other news, white unis on the road is horrible and doesn't make sense at all.

17 hours ago, d11king said:

and now that I think about it, i know the Nets will mix it up with white, black and gray, but all season of just gray and white in BK will be lame. Would be nice to see teams’ personalities. Celtics green, Blazers red, Sixers blue. I think that example there is the biggest gripe with white on the road. I know for sure it’s mine

With a grey tone court, it seems like this is the Nets personality.  Industry and concrete.  It may be dull compared to other teams but I like it.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Archived