NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

I don't like any All-Star uniform in particular in recent memory, since the designs have never been exceptionally good, and even less so with the recent tendency of just the logo in front and black and white schemes, but if I had to pick one, it'd be the Vegas unis, especially the white West version. Those sets were well designed.

Apart from that, when I just started following the NBA, they used to play the All-Star games in their own team uniforms, and I might just like that better. There was something to it.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, WBeltz said:

To me, my favorite All-Star uniforms in recent years were the ones from Toronto in 2016(?). Outside of the weird short design I liked it.spacer.png

I just noticed that for the white jersey the collar contrasts from the jersey but for the red jersey it does not.

IMG-7122.gif

2017 New Orleans were pretty clean. I saw a surprising amount of people around here wear them and they look really good for casual wear. No stripes, no huge logo, no gradients no fancy fonts. But they're not super bland either. They're very professional looking but still have that deluxe feel to them.

russell-westbrook-of-the-oklahoma-city-t
kyrie-irving-of-the-eastern-conference-g

IMG-7122.gif

9 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

2017 New Orleans were pretty clean. I saw a surprising amount of people around here wear them and they look really good for casual wear. No stripes, no huge logo, no gradients no fancy fonts. But they're not super bland either. They're very professional looking but still have that deluxe feel to them.

russell-westbrook-of-the-oklahoma-city-t
kyrie-irving-of-the-eastern-conference-g

Feel like toward the end of the Adidas outfitters run, they cleaned up their act with the all star unis. You never really see ppl wearing those jerseys anyway. But these Nike have been lack luster to say the least. I'd like to see them do uni's themed of the city something like those chili pepper unis for the San Antonio All Star game. But our corporate overlords need BRANDING BRANDING BRANDING! And excuse to have a lame jersey so you can focus on the players shoes.  

A problem with the all-star jerseys is that there isn't any brand equity. I don't care about the conferences, as brands, so even the best jerseys come off as "okay, fine". (It doesn't help that most of the Adidas era treated all-star jerseys as opportunities for busy, cluttered designs.) Unpopular opinion maybe, but I've actually liked the recent ones that put the emphasis on the team logos instead -- and I'd imagine they sell better too.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

12 hours ago, andregunts said:

This Bucks (Black) vs 76ers (Red)

game on that court is gorgeous ❤️

I don’t want to hear anyone complain about it tomorrow or else I’m leaving this board 

yea, i tuned in and thought "wow, great colors tonight"  color v color doesn't have to be a bad thing.  the light parquet floor made for good TV color too.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I thought the idea behind the team logo on the front of the All-Star jersey was interesting, because like @Digby said, I'm more prone to want a team-focused jersey than one that says "West" or "All-Star."

I think that's part of what was always fun about the Christmas Day uniforms: still team-focused, but a totally different design than what was normally worn.

While the overall design wasn't great, I still love what the 2015 Rising Stars uniforms did. I'd love to see the All-Star game use a standardized design with each team's normal wordmark on the chest. I feel it's a nice blend between the old days of players wearing their normal uniforms, and the modern templated style.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, itsmb8 said:

Is team Giannis forsure wearing Red?

Yup.

And, to add to the discussion. I love the idea of the 2015 Rising Stars look for the ASG. I'd also love a throwback ASG look again like they did in 2003 in Atlanta. Maybe an early 90s look with the red and blue version for the two teams?

1077072370.jpeg&c=sc&w=736&h=485karl-malone2jpg.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

12 hours ago, JPDesign said:

I thought the idea behind the team logo on the front of the All-Star jersey was interesting, because like @Digby said, I'm more prone to want a team-focused jersey than one that says "West" or "All-Star."

I think that's part of what was always fun about the Christmas Day uniforms: still team-focused, but a totally different design than what was normally worn.

While the overall design wasn't great, I still love what the 2015 Rising Stars uniforms did. I'd love to see the All-Star game use a standardized design with each team's normal wordmark on the chest. I feel it's a nice blend between the old days of players wearing their normal uniforms, and the modern templated style.

spacer.png

Teams only wore their standard unis for like 4 or 5 asgs.

1 hour ago, The AFC South said:

Didn’t know if posted already, but the second slide leaks the All Star court.

Two things... 1) Now THATS the skyline that should be on a Chicago court; fantastic design there IMO.  2) So 2K can have the AT&T corporate logo on that court but cant have DraftKings, PlayStation, Calamos Investments, etc. on any of the other courts??? :(

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Archived