NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

Lakers are in gold and Blazers are in black and it looks like what an NBA basketball game.

Not sure if this was the initial uniform plan for this game, but thank god they didn't Nike it up tonight.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

Came here to comment on this...

Of all the places to find a $20 knock-off uni, Staples Center on Kobe Tribute Night is the very last pace I thought I'd see one.

@Bucfan56 also left shaking his head.

6uXNWAo.png

On 1/28/2020 at 9:21 PM, spartacat_12 said:

It's different because 99 is probably more synonymous with Gretzky than any number is with any other athlete. Besides Wayne, only a handful of players ever wore the number, and none of them were notable. Even if the league hadn't had retired the number officially, I doubt we'd have anyone in the league wearing it (just look at the controversy when Josh Ho-Sang wanted to wear 66 for the Islanders).

Hundreds of other NBA players have worn 24, including several hall of famers, so it's not like everyone who sees a basketball player wearing it immediately thinks of Kobe. I have no issue with teams taking the number out of circulation, but I wouldn't want to see a banner up anywhere except Staples Center. It's a bit embarrassing that Miami has a Michael Jordan banner hanging from their rafters. 

But what about 100 years from now, noon know the man by then.

And we also have to hold back on the number retirement thing, in all sports.

Teams will run out of numbers, that of course if sports is still being played and the world stands as we know it.

Also, players born in 1999, new rule: They can wear 99  😉

11 hours ago, Conrad. said:

^ what's with the '24' on that jersey? def not the one Kobe wore. how could they not have one of his jerseys lying around?! yeeesh

To answer your question, the first season of rev30 retail authentics all had incorrect number outlines. You can see in this detailed shot that the correct number thickness would reach to the edges of the underneath yellow applique. 

hqdefault.jpg

It's a shame that they didn't have a gamer or anything else lying around. A Mitchell & Ness Authentic would've worked perfect. Oh well. Here's some more pics:

nba-kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers_1_def

100-authentic-derrick-rose-adidas-rev_1_

adidas-rev-30-nba-miami-heat-dwyane_1_e7

23126775_4.jpg?v=8D2AF70F2B16050

1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

To answer your question, the first season of rev30 retail authentics all had incorrect number outlines. You can see in this detailed shot that the correct number thickness would reach to the edges of the underneath yellow applique. 

hqdefault.jpg

It's a shame that they didn't have a gamer or anything else lying around. A Mitchell & Ness Authentic would've worked perfect. Oh well. Here's some more pics:

nba-kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers_1_def

100-authentic-derrick-rose-adidas-rev_1_

adidas-rev-30-nba-miami-heat-dwyane_1_e7

23126775_4.jpg?v=8D2AF70F2B16050

Man Rev30 was so bad. Between that and the sleeves I'm not sure Nike isn't the lesser evil, even with the crazy alts and jersey schedules.

1 hour ago, projectjohn said:

Man Rev30 was so bad. Between that and the sleeves I'm not sure Nike isn't the lesser evil, even with the crazy alts and jersey schedules.

Nike is much worse... 10 different uniforms for each team = GARBAGE

side note: i got a few of those rev30 jerseys, the ones that came in those cardboard boxes.

they had the correct mesh numbers and stuff

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/0314/21/kobe-bryant-la-lakers-adidas-rev-30_1_b37f974220b5e77b3aa826b7b88e527b.jpg

hm6VjthDaPvLu1vzrG4QeiN_VbhaeLEruBMgtUpe

Fun fact, some of those rev30 limited Lebron jerseys had the front number placed wrong 

https://www.ebay.com/c/1774954694

https://www.google.com/search?biw=855&bih=435&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=3NQ1XvLaK8KWkwXXlJv4BA&q=rev+30+jersey+limited+edition+lebron&oq=rev+30+jersey+limited+edition+lebron&gs_l=img.12...0.0..11775...0.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz-img.0zFN7yHp88w&ved=0ahUKEwjyuJO6jrHnAhVCy6QKHVfKBk8Q4dUDCAY

and some were correct,  weird or what?

Since there were only 500 made in each color, and you would assume they were made the same place,  so very strange error!

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

^so how exactly does nikes production mean that it's materials are trash compared to rev30?? Nike releasing 10 jerseys for each team= their materials are bad?

To each their own, but I wouldn't call Rev 30 bad material. I love Rev 30. I own ~10 Authentics myself and ~30 swingman. The number quirk was a 1 year deal on some of the retail ones. They got it right from there on out though. If we're going off of bad material, the ripping Nikes take the cake. With a few exceptions,  (Lebron sleeves, Marc Gasol, etc.) Adidas Rev 30 kept its integrity over their tenure. However, that first year of Nike was especially bad. 

BN-VQ894_3gldA_M_20171018105538.jpg

ben-simmons-jersey-e1509757529953.jpg?w=

green.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

ennis.jpg?w=1000&h=1140

1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

To each their own, but I wouldn't call Rev 30 bad material. I love Rev 30. I own ~10 Authentics myself and ~30 swingman. The number quirk was a 1 year deal on some of the retail ones. They got it right from there on out though. If we're going off of bad material, the ripping Nikes take the cake. With a few exceptions,  (Lebron sleeves, Marc Gasol, etc.) Adidas Rev 30 kept its integrity over their tenure. However, that first year of Nike was especially bad. 

BN-VQ894_3gldA_M_20171018105538.jpg

ben-simmons-jersey-e1509757529953.jpg?w=

green.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

ennis.jpg?w=1000&h=1140

Meanwhile the glued on wordmark on adidas jerseys would fall off in games and they never fixed that. Atleast Nike went back and fixed the issue and since not a single Jersey has torn in the 2 1/2 seasons since.

25 minutes ago, dont care said:

Meanwhile the glued on wordmark on adidas jerseys would fall off in games and they never fixed that. Atleast Nike went back and fixed the issue and since not a single Jersey has torn in the 2 1/2 seasons since.

f0db0492-1d4f-4e2b-9903-e79eb3b26ec7.nba

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL-NMs8qiRFzaaGEQ1jUB

10 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

sweet looking matchup tonight with the wizards dim lighting troy-brown-jr-6-of-the-washington-wizard

i always bring up the topic of lighting but it's weird how just last season the wizards had blaring bright lighting and now as you can see it's almost pitch black 

I went to a Wizards game this year and the lighting is not that dark. Probably a bit of a camera or editing trick 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived