College Football 2019

29texan

I love the colors of Pitt, not too wild about the font. I might not have made it so steeped. But hey, at least they aren't handcuffed for 5 years like the NFL. They can make small changes like they please. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missouri Will Wear Retro Tiger Paw Helmets in Spring Game

April 12, 2019 - 06:46 AM

Seemingly as a way to make former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant feel at home in his new digs, Missouri announced on Thursday it will wear helmets that feature a retro Tiger Paw logo for its upcoming Spring Game.  The Tiger […]

Read More...

The links aren't going anywhere, but here's a tweet to that pretty sweet helmet - the tiger paw looks great:

https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball/status/1116423170704023552

That said, Missouri also unveiled its new helmet for 2019, with pre-2010 striping (though it's white-black-yellow gold-black-white), with the tiger oval on the sides.

https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball/status/1116426944097034240

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

"Make It Right"?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yeah, “Make it Right” is a weird one. Almost as bad as “Row the Boat”. I’m kind of done with all of these cheesy mantras, if you don’t have an established one like “Boomer Sooner” or something then just stick with “Go *Nickname* Go” or something and call it a day. That’s always gonna be better than “Make it Right”, which makes it sound like they need to fess up to something.

The helmets look really nice. The white outline of the paw could be a little thicker and more visible, but otherwise I like it. I think the oval tiger head logo looks really good with that stripe pairing too. Now if they just take these jerseys:

spacer.png

spacer.png

...and make the pants stripes on their different pants match the helmet? Then they’ll have themselves a darn good set. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think the stripe really enhances their helmet. I like how that looks and I'm glad they're keeping it.

I find the M inside the Tiger Paw generic and dull. Looks like the Michigan logo inside a poorly done Clemson logo. And what does "Make it Right" even mean? I realize that it probably refers to the sanctions (which were ridiculous), but as an athletics rallying cry / slogan it doesn't really make sense.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

29 minutes ago, Jetlodge said:

Mizzou ditching the “tiger” helmet stripes they’ve had since their rebrand in 2012 and returning to their traditional helmet stripe.

Honestly, I think the now-old stripe both looked better and fitted in with their look better.

ExJworW.png

37 minutes ago, Maroon said:

And what does "Make it Right" even mean? I realize that it probably refers to the sanctions (which were ridiculous), but as an athletics rallying cry / slogan it doesn't really make sense.

It's more of a coaching phrase than anything.

"Don't complain, don't apologize...just make it right"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Jetlodge said:

Mizzou ditching the “tiger” helmet stripes they’ve had since their rebrand in 2012 and returning to their traditional helmet stripe.

That's a lame move. This along with the retro helmet feel like bad attempts to reference tradition that isn't really there.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It's more of a coaching phrase than anything.

"Don't complain, don't apologize...just make it right"

Maybe some school will go position-specific.

"Cover the A-gap."

"Laces Out!"

"Hit the Hole."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Honestly, I think the now-old stripe both looked better and fitted in with their look better.

Exactly. The tiger decal should have tiger stripes, the block M should have the traditional stripe. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

2 minutes ago, BelfourThibault said:

I understand that Michigan essentially "owns" that M, but Mizzou has also been using the M since 1971. 

spacer.png

Interesting, but Mizzou's M looks different until from Michigan until 1985 (ascenders angled). And seems they've been in gold, not yellow, for many years too. But, yes, a slab serif M is pretty much a slab serif M

8 hours ago, miketd1 said:

Numbers remind me of:

spacer.png

Ol’ Joe did a nice take on this style last year. A bit more refined if you ask me.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived