College Football 2019

29texan

7 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I just realized this would be BSUBFBS! 😄

BTW they just installed their new blue turf.  It is 😍

Any significant changes other than possibly the hue?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I know it's their thing but man it'd be easier to watch, and like, Boise State if they used green turf. 

Trust me, it could be worse... Eastern Washington has a red turf called "the inferno", which looks even worse considering their stadium is like a high school stadium

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 6/7/2019 at 2:28 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Any significant changes other than possibly the hue?

IIRC its just new turf. No color changes. Only changes are the new wordmarks in the endzones and the Albertsons Stadium logos and the number font for the field numbers. The old stuff was almost 10 years old so had definitely become quite faded. 

2 hours ago, MattMill said:

Did Boise do anything to raise or lower their field? Or is it merely a turf switch out? Being so far from the action has to be a downer after all these years 

Just a turf switch. There's been chatter of stadium renovations in the last 5 years but nothing concrete has come of it. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I love the colored fields. All of them. EWU, UCA, Coastal Carolina, Boise, all of them. 

The only thing bush league was when the MWC banned them from wearing all blue on a blue field while teams like Hawaii or Colorado State could theoretically wear all green on green fields (and have). When you objectively look at it, it's just arbitrary to have green turf simply because grass is green. Wood is shades of brown but we still have different colors of basketball courts. It's not bush league, you just don't like change.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

19 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Trust me, it could be worse... Eastern Washington has a red turf called "the inferno", which looks even worse considering their stadium is like a high school stadium

Watched games there several times.  Your retinas are searing by the 3rd quarter.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:59 PM, hawk36 said:

I know it's their thing but man it'd be easier to watch, and like, Boise State if they used green turf. 

Nobody would care about Boise State if it weren’t for the blue turf, if we’re being honest. Much like Oregon’s original alternate uniforms, it brought attention to the program and translated to better players and a better overall program.

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

The only thing bush league was when the MWC banned them from wearing all blue on a blue field while teams like Hawaii or Colorado State could theoretically wear all green on green fields. 

The NCAA actually considered a rule that would have prohibited that, too, but ultimately decided against it.

That doesn't make it better. If you measuring stick for right and wrong (or bush league and not bush league) is the NCAA, ...

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

30 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Nobody would care about Boise State if it weren’t for the blue turf, if we’re being honest. Much like Oregon’s original alternate uniforms, it brought attention to the program and translated to better players and a better overall program.

I'm not sure this can be proven. It's a theory. 

But in reality, money and coaching changed both Boise State and Oregon.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure this can be proven. It's a theory. 

But in reality, money and coaching changed both Boise State and Oregon.

The blue turf was a gimmick that got them mentioned, even when winning didn't. Getting rid of blue turf would be taking away part of their identity. It worked so well that others have copied it hoping to set themselves apart as well. Would Eastern Washington get mentioned as much on College Gameday if they didn't have red turf? Not likely unless the set is at a FCS school and they mentioned rankings. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

I love the colored fields. All of them. EWU, UCA, Coastal Carolina, Boise, all of them. 

The only thing bush league was when the MWC banned them from wearing all blue on a blue field while teams like Hawaii or Colorado State could theoretically wear all green on green fields (and have). When you objectively look at it, it's just arbitrary to have green turf simply because grass is green. Wood is shades of brown but we still have different colors of basketball courts. It's not bush league, you just don't like change.

Me too, though I only watch BSU, CCU and EMU.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

@Geoff my biggest issue with colored turf is EWU and that red turf. I can't watch games on TV there because it gives me headaches. Coastal's turf is less of an issue because it's still got green mixed in. Eastern Michigan's issue is grey numbers on white jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The blue turf was a gimmick that got them mentioned, even when winning didn't. Getting rid of blue turf would be taking away part of their identity. It worked so well that others have copied it hoping to set themselves apart as well. Would Eastern Washington get mentioned as much on College Gameday if they didn't have red turf? Not likely unless the set is at a FCS school and they mentioned rankings. 

I don't really hear EWU get mentioned a lot on College Gameday unless it's a big game in FCS. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I don't really hear EWU get mentioned a lot on College Gameday unless it's a big game in FCS. 

I have, but then again it's usually the first part of the season. But that red turf is like a surname with them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/27/2019 at 12:43 PM, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Would it hurt to put a stripe on the pants?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived