Recommended Posts

I’ve always though Maryland looked best in white helmets. The flag stripe is nice. Ideally, I’d replace the numbers with the M or Terps script. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I’d replace the numbers with the M or Terps script. 

7b2fticgrsmrl27s48hygdt3t.gif

Yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

They still gotta get rid of those shoulder caps. Either remove it completely or make it a strip somehow.

 

Easy fix. On the red and white jerseys add a black/gold cuff. And on a black or gold alternate jerseys, add a red/white cuff. 

 

Using the appropriate patterns from the MD flag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I'm praying this is a fake or mock-up, but it's been going around the UW boards.  Looks like a high school stock template jersey right out of the catalog.

 

Anyone closer to UW know if there's any validity to this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

 

 

I'm praying this is a fake or mock-up, but it's been going around the UW boards.  Looks like a high school stock template jersey right out of the catalog.

 

Anyone closer to UW know if there's any validity to this?

It's not even on Adidas' latest template. Washington is one of their top schools now, so I wouldn't expect anything other than their latest and greatest* when it comes to uniform tech.

 

*Greatest in Adidas' eyes only

 

Although it is a mock-up so I guess the template is probably whatever the guy could find. I don't see the school going to a yellow gold though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pianoknight said:

 

 

I'm praying this is a fake or mock-up, but it's been going around the UW boards.  Looks like a high school stock template jersey right out of the catalog.

 

Anyone closer to UW know if there's any validity to this?

The gold is wrong, Primeknit A1 adidas logo is on the left. That number font is a teamwear option as well so no chance the Huskies would wear it without something special added. And I'd expect plain sleeves and no shoulder stripes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pianoknight said:

 

 

I'm praying this is a fake or mock-up, but it's been going around the UW boards.  Looks like a high school stock template jersey right out of the catalog.

 

Anyone closer to UW know if there's any validity to this?

 

I think its a joke.  Here's the next post:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not Hardcore enough to have a good aesthetic eye, Mr. Husky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t even think the mock-up is from an official Adidas site. It looks like it’s from this website, which looks like a sort of Adidas knock-off(?).

https://uniforms.adicustom.com/

 

As opposed to the official MiTeam site:

https://www.miteam.adidas.com/

 

Also, those aren’t even UW’s official colors. It’s a poor effort as compared to what will probably happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I don’t even think the mock-up is from an official Adidas site. It looks like it’s from this website, which looks like a sort of Adidas knock-off(?).

https://uniforms.adicustom.com/

 

As opposed to the official MiTeam site:

https://www.miteam.adidas.com/

 

Also, those aren’t even UW’s official colors. It’s a poor effort as compared to what will probably happen. 

The "official" miteam site only allows you to decorate stock jerseys (unless you choose the FilthyQuick template).. the other site is 100% legit and features all of their other current full-custom templates.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

The "official" miteam site only allows you to decorate stock jerseys (unless you choose the FilthyQuick template).. the other site is 100% legit and features all of their other current full-custom templates.. 

 

Okay so i think i've got this somewhat figured out:

The "adicustom" domain in the first link is not an Adidas domain. When i removed the "uniforms" tag and just went to "adicustom.com", it took me to a fairly standard standard catalog page. However, many of the links in the nav bar of that page re-direct you to "adidas-team.com". Upon exploring *that* nav bar, i found multiple links to pages referencing "Agron." If you follow those links, you can find some poorly made sites, a couple of which reference "Agron, Inc." (Bloomberg overview of Agron, Inc). It seems to me that Agron, as a licensed distributor of adidas products, is just trying to make their sites look like the official Adidas catalog site. But i mean, hey; their customization interface seems to be superior so they can go on ahead.

*also worth noting that on https://adidas-team.com under the "Order Products" tab, they do link the official Adidas "miTeam" site above their own "Uniform Configurators", i would guess at Adidas' behest

 

So, while technically not "an official Adidas site" in the sense that it's not run by Adidas, it is an independent distributor officially licensed to sell Adidas products, so by that measure it technically is an official site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

 

Okay so i think i've got this somewhat figured out:

The "adicustom" domain in the first link is not an Adidas domain. When i removed the "uniforms" tag and just went to "adicustom.com", it took me to a fairly standard standard catalog page. However, many of the links in the nav bar of that page re-direct you to "adidas-team.com". Upon exploring *that* nav bar, i found multiple links to pages referencing "Agron." If you follow those links, you can find some poorly made sites, a couple of which reference "Agron, Inc." (Bloomberg overview of Agron, Inc). It seems to me that Agron, as a licensed distributor of adidas products, is just trying to make their sites look like the official Adidas catalog site. But i mean, hey; their customization interface seems to be superior so they can go on ahead.

*also worth noting that on https://adidas-team.com under the "Order Products" tab, they do link the official Adidas "miTeam" site above their own "Uniform Configurators", i would guess at Adidas' behest

 

So, while technically not "an official Adidas site" in the sense that it's not run by Adidas, it is an independent distributor officially licensed to sell Adidas products, so by that measure it technically is an official site.

The official Adidas Catalog site is the Adidas-Team.com site.. there you can reference each catalog.. also from that site, when you click the menu, under "order products", both MiTeam and AdiCustom are listed.. Adidas just pushes the MiTeam angle because it's generally quicker turnaround, lots of stock stuff, and their more "premier" products (like the A1 PrimeKnit football uniforms).. Adidas produces very good, nice looking, high quality, traditional football uniforms, but it's easier to market the TechFit/PrimeKnit "technology" angle than try to continue promoting traditional uniforms that haven't changed much in over a decade, so they push the new technology and the kids/coaches eat it up.. plus it's way easier and cheaper for Adidas to grab a stock jersey and screen some numbers on it than produce a custom product from scratch, so another reason to feature MiTeam over AdiCustom.. but both sites are listed in the team catalogs and both are discussed by our Adidas reps, etc.. in my experience, they are equally "official" Adidas sites in every sense.. the artwork on MiTeam is superior, but the products from each are of equal quality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Adidas produces very good, nice looking, high quality, traditional football uniforms

 

That logic even translates to the custom (yet traditional) uniforms they produce for major FBS teams: 

 

GettyImages-1038996616-775x465.jpg1025422542.jpg.0.jpg

 

It's when Adidas tries to get, ummm, creative that they fall apart at the seams a bit.

635756601377077525-ASU-DesertIce-adidasFULLAHRJVLCQFBNO.20151102122353.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, pianoknight said:

 

That logic even translates to the custom (yet traditional) uniforms they produce for major FBS teams: 

 

GettyImages-1038996616-775x465.jpg1025422542.jpg.0.jpg

 

It's when Adidas tries to get, ummm, creative that they fall apart at the seams a bit.

635756601377077525-ASU-DesertIce-adidasFULLAHRJVLCQFBNO.20151102122353.jpg

Yes, although they put those designs onto their newest, most "high tech" templates.. so, definitely traditional designs, but not "traditional" uniforms.. I was referencing the mesh body style, dazzle cowls, and spandex side panels when I said traditional uniforms, which Adidas still does a fine job of producing.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The helmets for Maryland looks good, its less busy now. I agree that having the wordmark would be better than having the numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Get rid of the outlines on the jersey numerals. So much flash on these unis (good) that they don't need flash on the numerals too. Restraint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.