College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Webfooter said:

One minor inconsistency I noticed on OSU's uniforms is the color of the swooshes on the black set, as the jersey has an orange chest swoosh while the pants have a white hip swoosh.  All the other uniforms have the same color swoosh on both the pants and jersey.

Yeah, I noticed that too and made a comment about it in my earlier post. Really not sure how they missed that little detail, especially when the swooshes on the white and orange sets match like you said. Hopefully they’ll get it fixed by the time the uniforms make their on-field debut.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

First thought,spacer.png

Well, Mike Riley will probably wind up in Corvallis for a 15th time so this fits with his, "gee golly" persona. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

12 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Overall, I like that Oregon State set a lot, but the few things — Beavs, inconsistent stripe weight, inconsistent Nike logo treatment — that bug me are really gonna bother me.

That's how I feel about them. So close to being really good, but marred by completely avoidable mistakes that baffle me as to how they got through to the final design. The inconsistent stripe weights are what bug me most. Based on the background graphic, the shoulders have outer stripes that are a little too thick, while the pants have outer stripes that are too thin and are barely distinguishable from regular Braisher stripes.

spacer.png

The STATE unfiroms aren't bad if they made the pants dark green, with volt neon and then everything on the helmet and jersey that are white volt neon. Bit having mostly dark green ontop,  with neon pants with what looks like a white stripe on them is garbage. Too many light colors trying to mix in is always a bad idea .

49 minutes ago, radchad said:

Oregon State looks fine in a vacuum, but they've worn sets (the Benny Beaver throwback, the 2010 Civil War throwback) that are SO much better

I actually think they look fine period, not just in a vacuum. They took a risk to throw back to an old uniform design instead of just rolling out plain pants, helmets and jerseys. As a matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State use something like this as an alternate design since they had a shoulder/yoke design in the 1950's that used the stripes that were the Ohio State sleeve pattern for most of the 1980's through 2000. To be fair that wasn't even the craziest uniform reveal yesterday:

https://air.jordan.com/card/meet-two-future-stars-of-the-2019-jordan-brand-classic/

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Could just be the lighting, but the number outlines and center striping on the orange uniform looks to be the same gold color from their last set, as does the Nike swoosh on the black pants. Like others have mentioned there are certainly a few tweaks I would make but overall a very nice, modern set that is unique to OSU. “Beavs” and other nicknames in general work much better on helmet bumpers than as chest wordmarks. Really like the road uniform and helmet.

23 minutes ago, Elmos World 17 said:

Every sports team has some sort of motto/saying, it doesn’t mean it needs to be on the uniform

Please tell this to the Beavers’ rodent brethren in Minnesota… 

And it’s not the “Ski-U-Mah” part that I have a problem with.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

7 hours ago, BVZ said:

Could just be the lighting, but the number outlines and center striping on the orange uniform looks to be the same gold color from their last set, as does the Nike swoosh on the black pants.

I don't think there's any gold on any uniform. Just white outlines on the orange jersey, and a white swoosh on the black pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

42 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think there's any gold on any uniform. Just white outlines on the orange jersey, and a white swoosh on the black pants.

There's gold in there. Those numbers have had gold trim for a while.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

There's gold in there. Those numbers have had gold trim for a while.

Not on these new uniforms. All single color outlines. And it's white outlines on the orange jersey. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived