Twins' new alternate uniform

FightingGoldenDevil

Trust me, all of Twins Territory is mad right now. Nobody asked for this. We all hate the unnecessary Mustard Gold trim, and we love the Cream Throwbacks and old 1987-2014 Pinstripes. I would think that it wouldn't be a big deal if it replaced the Horrendous Red Jersey, but it's taking away the best Uniform ever worn by the Twins. The responses on Twitter are nothing but negative. Same on Reddit.

This is what Twins President Dave St. Peter said on Twitter in response to the negative Fans.

da0Lbhs.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he's straight up admitting they have no plans to settle on a look or find quality alternates with staying power (the only one they had they just got rid of). Basically saying "we don't know how to run a franchise so we'll keep making new jerseys and hope idiots keep buying because our owners won't spend 50% of the Twins budget on rosters like they promised so our on field product is trash and we're losing money because people are starting to see through our :censored:"

:censored: the Pohlads

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

It’s an exercise in how not to design a script.

I don’t get why it had to look like such disjointed garbage. The preceding Senators script was fine:

1948_washington_senators-jersey-1959.png

That “Minnesota” script offers the perfect letter set to update that garbage script.  Shameless self-plug:

d9X9ije.jpg

It’s not to everybody’s taste, but it’s less of a painfully awkward mess than the “classic” version. 

Modernizing the 1960s uniforms should have been the Target Field look, not an indecisive mess stuck between the Metropolitan Stadium and Metrodome looks.

I'd like to see your Twins script with the tail from the Senators script.

Interestingly enough, it's the Braves I've long wanted to see adopt the gold trim into their look (along with a darker navy), to kinda harken back a little bit to their Milwaukee days.  It'd also be a fun little tie-in to in-town Georgia Tech by way of the inaugural Atlanta Falcons helmets--and in a way, tie in with ATL UTD.

I have no idea why the Twins are doing this, though...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 minutes ago, Buc said:

I have no idea why the Twins are doing this, though...

Don't you know about Minnesota's world famous kasota limestone? As a Minnesota native that had no God damned idea what kasota limestone was until I asked "why are the Twins adding gold?" I am very offended. The kasota gold paying homage to one obscure quarry is obviously a better represtative of the state of Minnesota than adding powder blue to pay tribute to our famous lake culture. 

I hate my team that I love

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

6 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Minnesota Twins Add New Navy Blue and Gold Uniform

January 23, 2019 - 19:16 PM

minnesota-twins-alternate-jersey-wordmark-2019.png

Today the Minnesota Twins unveiled one new uniform and eliminated another. Navy blue with red and “Kasota gold” trim, the new uniform, which is officially designated as a home alternate, incorporates the Twins retro jersey wordmark across the chest, piping […]

Read More...

I've squeezed toothpaste onto my toothbrush in a more aesthetically pleasing manner than that awful "T"

As a Twins fan it took me a couple of years to get on board with the gold, but now I’m all in. I hope it finds its way to the roads soon. It adds more character and lets them stand out from the endless red and blue teams in the league. The script isn’t up to today’s standards, but I can let it slide since it was the original script and has a fun quirkiness to it that looks like it came from a different time. 

An utter disaster, the gold is being expanded at the epense of one of the all-time great throwbacks. Mushy mouth Dave St. Peter is the worst, an organization dedicated to stadium upgrades and expanding the portfolio of awful uniforms.

Smh the Twins make yet another downgrade to the uniforms.  The people here that like the gold are few and far between.

The team needs to bring back the Metrodome era uniforms.  The TC hat being used again is the only good thing about the uniforms since then other than when they introduced the cream alt which is probably the most common jersey I see at games.

I didn't mind the gold being added to the home jersey (the cap is too far but I like it on the white jersey) but now it's too far. This jersey is straight up ugly. Suggestions? Why shoehorn the 60s wordmark here when it has nothing to do with the gold of Target Field? I say if this navy jersey used the same wordmark as the white jersey with the gold being a more subtle drop shadow instead of a full outline it would have worked better. Do that and keep this jersey alongside the cream one would have been better. But to have this mess replace the ultra popular cream jersey is asking for trouble. Don't combine the 2015 Kasota Gold with the 90s navy alternates and the 60s wordmark. Bad combination. 

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Modernizing the 1960s uniforms should have been the Target Field look, not an indecisive mess stuck between the Metropolitan Stadium and Metrodome looks.

This is a concept I came up with about a year ago along those lines. If it were me I would have rolled out when they moved to Target Field. Combine the successful look of the Metrodome with a modernized Old Met script for their move back outdoors.

I was told powder blue is returning in 2020, at this point that's just a band-aid on this mess of an identity.

My long shot hope is that the cream alternates are disappearing for a year or two because they're going to be reintroduced as the full time home uniforms in a few years. Or at least something with pinstripes...

I don’t understand gold. Where did that come from? Maybe they wanted to sperate themselves from Cleveland who have the same colors but it’s not like they wear the same uniforms. Gold is not aesthetically pleasing with navy and red. 

XM4KeeA.png

Archived