MLB Changes 2020

kolob

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The Marlins will be doing a Throwback Weekend in 2020 and they have put up a poll asking what jersey it should be.

The choices are solid teal (which was actually a batting practice jersey and never saw an actual regular season game)... solid black (best remembered as the jersey most worn when they won the 2003 World Series)... pinstripe vest with teal undershirts (1993-95 Sunday home alternates)... teal pinstripes (the same jersey worn for last year's throwback games)

I'd imagine doing this three years in a row means it'll become an annual thing. 

I voted for the sleeveless with the teal undershirt. That's a look that really hasn't been seen for awhile. If it wins (or they wear it eventually), I really wish they would stop being cheap/lazy and bring back some teal batting helmets. Their refusal to do that was the only thing that bummed me out during the otherwise marvelous 25th anniversary weekend.

Aside from 2003 nostalgia, I don't have much of a desire to see the black alternates worn again. Although they were worn at home too, I associate the black alternates more as a road uniform anyway. Maybe save those for 2023?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Francisco Giants Peter and Stretch Patches Explained

July 26, 2019 - 02:55 AM

Throughout the 2019 season the San Francisco Giants have been wearing two black and orange patches on the right sleeves of all their uniforms. On top is a black rectangle trimmed in orange reading “PETER” in orange letters, below that […]

Read More...

If the Yankees had to have an alternate (hopefully on the road only) I would love one that resembles the classic 90's Starter jackets

spacer.png

Yankees script on the front, the classic Uncle Sam hat logo on the left sleeve and navy-white-navy-white piping on the neck and sleeves...

10 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

If the Yankees had to have an alternate (hopefully on the road only) I would love one that resembles the classic 90's Starter jackets

spacer.png

Yankees script on the front, the classic Uncle Sam hat logo on the left sleeve and navy-white-navy-white piping on the neck and sleeves...

Classic. I feel like everyone (myself included) in the New York area had one of these in the late 90's.

23 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:
11 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

spacer.png

Classic. I feel like everyone (myself included) in the New York area had one of these in the late 90's.

That's the newfangled jacket. 

This is the classic jacket.

Image result for yankees jacket 1978

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Dude i was born in raised in Texas and got one of those that i found at marshalls as a kid bc i thought it was such a dope jacket. 

15 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

For a while, I shared that sentiment. But the gold has really grown on me, and sets them apart in a league awash in red-and-blue color schemes. I don’t mind that they only use it at home. I think it’s fair play to consider the Kasota gold part of their home color scheme. 

I don't mind it the way a lot of other people do -- again, except the weird mustardy version on the navy alt. But I think the current set could also stand up as-is even without the gold. It could be theirs without having to shoehorn it onto uniforms where it doesn't work, much like how that Fenway olive green is a part of the Red Sox brand even if it's not on uniforms.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, mjd77 said:

Houston and Toronto also used the correct colors when they did it.  The navy BiG will never be right to me.  It has to be royal/yellow full time.  On a side note ( I think someone on here mentioned it way earlier this year) could the lettering on all the new signage at the spring training facility be signifying something?spacer.png

That font would lend itself to an Astros-style rebrand, which I could definitely live with. Though I'm still rooting for the Robin 3,000 scripts to come back.

I think it's most likely that they use both blues going forward, which could work if they limit their use of royal to when they play interleague games. But they've made more playoff appearances in navy than those beloved 80s teams did in royal. I'd hate for them to essentially erase the accomplishments of Prince, Braun, Yelich & co.

So thanks to @STL FANATIC, an updated Cardinals STL Monogram has been confirmed. Nice improvement.

Now if the Cardinals Used the St Louis Script from their Powder Blue and Cream Alternate Jerseys on their Grey Road Jersey, and wore the Navy Cap more often, they would never ever have to change.

spacer.png

Vs.

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

On 7/25/2019 at 1:39 PM, Ice_Cap said:

Eventually someone will go "why aren't we advertising our alternate to our home fans?" and they'll trot them out at home.

I'm not sure I agree. The Red Sox have a blue alternate that they've never worn at home. Now, this is red-apples-to-green-apples because the Red Sox already have a colored jersey they exclusively wear at home, I understand, but I feel like you could apply that logic for them the same way you could apply it to the Yankees.

I'm generally pro-colored jerseys myself - I've explained this in depth before so I'm not going do chore anyone with reading that again - and I wouldn't mind the Yankees having a suitable blue alternate road jersey myself. The pinstripes are untouchable. I really can't envision a scenario where, given the choice, they would wear something other than that at home. The worst they've done is wear a camo NY a few years back, which I loathed, but actually wearing a non-pinstriped jersey, I can't envision that.

spacer.png

On 7/24/2019 at 9:42 PM, mjd77 said:

Houston and Toronto also used the correct colors when they did it.  The navy BiG will never be right to me.  It has to be royal/yellow full time.  On a side note ( I think someone on here mentioned it way earlier this year) could the lettering on all the new signage at the spring training facility be signifying something?spacer.png

No, I don't think it means anything.  Unfortunately, because that would be a huge improvement.  Especially these numbers:

baseball.jpg08a18c3b-00d6-424c-8480-94f4857603bd-brerownuk65.jpeg?quality=85&strip=all&w=132

I would love to believe that was the Brewers' new number font. 

But the Brewers have a tendency to use lots of various fonts all over.  This is the one they're using in a lot of their branding this year, but it has nothing to do with what appears or will appear on uniforms.

D4cVGq0WkAE1oi5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

No, I don't think it means anything.  Unfortunately, because that would be a huge improvement.  Especially these numbers:

baseball.jpg08a18c3b-00d6-424c-8480-94f4857603bd-brerownuk65.jpeg?quality=85&strip=all&w=132

I would love to believe that was the Brewers' new number font. 

But the Brewers have a tendency to use lots of various fonts all over.  This is the one they're using in a lot of their branding this year, but it has nothing to do with what appears or will appear on uniforms.

D4cVGq0WkAE1oi5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

My god, that zero looks exactly like an old beer keg. 

That font actually has a lot of potential.

On 7/24/2019 at 9:42 PM, mjd77 said:

That font has big potential, looks like a stamp you get on the side of a crate, which works for the brewers

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

My god, that zero looks exactly like an old beer keg. 

That font actually has a lot of potential.

5 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

That font has big potential, looks like a stamp you get on the side of a crate, which works for the brewers

I know, right?  Those numbers should be the basis of a whole new rebrand. 

On 8/1/2019 at 3:59 PM, simtek34 said:

So thanks to @STL FANATIC, an updated Cardinals STL Monogram has been confirmed. Nice improvement.

Now if the Cardinals Used the St Louis Script from their Powder Blue and Cream Alternate Jerseys on their Grey Road Jersey, and wore the Navy Cap more often, they would never ever have to change.

spacer.png

Vs.

spacer.png

This may be sacrilege, but I thought they could always have a navy blue road alt with navy hats and St Louis mark and home alt in red with Cardinals mark and scrap the cream and definitely scrap the powder blue.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived