NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

8 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

It's a corporate logo that doesn't particularly tie in with the name, is done in the "overly aggressive" 90s styling* most animal logos of the decade were done in, and the logo is a C, not a V. Which bugs people who think logo monograms should represent the city and not the team name.

I don't like the orca. I think it's the inferior option compared to both the updated stick in rink and Johnny Canuck. You know what though? I'll begrudgingly accept the orca if they drop the VANCOUVER script and just reach "good enough" status uniform-wise.

I'm just tired of talking about the Canucks' uniforms. We've all said the same crap for over ten years, and no one's opinion changes. So fine. Keep the orca. I don't even care. Just lose the stupid arched wordmark so we can all move on.

*to echo what @SFGiants58 said...the orca could never be the Canucks' original logo, not unless history changes so that they're a 90s expansion team.

I dont see it that way at all, it looks fairly traditional imo. However I couldn’t agree more that this conversation has grown tiresome. Done.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm just tired of talking about the Canucks' uniforms. We've all said the same crap for over ten years, and no one's opinion changes. So fine. Keep the orca. I don't even care. Just lose the stupid arched wordmark so we can all move on.

Unfortunately I don’t think any moving on will happen. The Canucks could change to whatever and there will still be people upset. The second there’s a whisper about possible changes the debate will fire up again, and rage until the end of time.

5 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

If the Orca looked this, would people view the logo in a slightly more positive manner?

FiG8Qqp.png

I just don't think green water/ice is a good idea.

The Orca logo literally just doesn't work with the classic Canucks color scheme, imo. Green makes me think of pollution. I can't think of anything else green shaded ice is supposed to be...

54 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Unfortunately I don’t think any moving on will happen. The Canucks could change to whatever and there will still be people upset. The second there’s a whisper about possible changes the debate will fire up again, and rage until the end of time.

If the Canucks went with a recoloured version of the Skate in blue, green and silver, updated the striping and went back to block-style font, I would still be happy. The corporate orca is the only Canucks logo I despise. 

As far as the Canuckleheads go, if they had any sense, they'd have gone with Johnny years ago and been done with it.  

But then, this is the Canucks.  Common sense?  What the :censored: is that?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

16 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

If the Canucks went with a recoloured version of the Skate in blue, green and silver, updated the striping and went back to block-style font, I would still be happy. The corporate orca is the only Canucks logo I despise. 

I agree, I’m just saying the debate will never end. There’s always going to be someone who wants something else. As much as I hate the orca I don’t want them touching the uniforms because the colours and striping are perfect and I’m sure they’d invariably screw it up somehow.

The Orca is not a poorly designed logo.

Green on it looks dumb, no matter how hard you try. Big deal that it's not in the logo. 

Drop the wordmark and we're good.

LMAO at how many bad suggestions and how long these conversations go on for. I'd say there's about 4 a year.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

6 minutes ago, Bayne said:

The Orca is not a poorly designed logo.

Green on it looks dumb, no matter how hard you try. Big deal that it's not in the logo. 

Drop the wordmark and we're good.

LMAO at how many bad suggestions and how long these conversations go on for. I'd say there's about 4 a year.

How many other teams have a primary logo that leaves out of the team’s primary colors?

Quite frankly, the discussion is so often let down by your rudeness towards opposing viewpoints, ignorance of market research data by other posters, and the repetition of the same points without any real middle ground given. 

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

How many other teams have a primary logo that leaves out of the team’s primary colors?

I dunno, Dallas and Tampa? 

It's not a hard rule. And definitely don't force a colour into a logo that simply does not work. The Orca looks classy as a kind of monochromatic logo I think.

2 minutes ago, Bayne said:

I dunno, Dallas and Tampa? 

It's not a hard rule. And definitely don't force a colour into a logo that simply does not work. The Orca looks classy as a kind of monochromatic logo I think.

Dallas has a faint green outline, and Tampa Bay has one of the most criticized logos on these boards. These aren’t good comparisons.

Weren’t we talking about the Flames a while ago? 

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Dallas has a faint green outline, and Tampa Bay has one of the most criticized logos on these boards. These aren’t good comparisons.

That barely if at all supports your argument.

3 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Weren’t we talking about the Flames a while ago? 

Probably. I consider their outlines to be more significant than Dallas'.

spacer.png

The lack of green is only half the problem with the orcas colours. There’s also the fact that it uses a navy so dark it’s essentially black, and on the home jerseys the only presence of royal is a single blue outline sandwiched between silver. It’s just not even using the same colour scheme.

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Gonna have to ask you to elaborate on this one here

What I mean is, it's not unheard of to see green ice in the Western-Canadian wilderness.  So going with the recolour Andrew suggested could work.

1 minute ago, Morgo said:

What I mean is, it's not unheard of to see green ice in the Western-Canadian wilderness.  So going with the recolour Andrew suggested could work.

Yeah, but on the open ocean? Where orcas live? 

I don’t think there’s a pleasing way to incorporate green into the orca logo. Probably best to leave it off. 

28 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Lol. Thats like me saying, its not unheard of for some flames to be blue so the calgary flames logo in blue COULD work. (It would tie in with their shoulder patch).

spacer.png

If you want to recolor this logo, the only way it works is as follows:

Navy Blue —> Royal Blue

Royal Blue —> White

Red + Grey —> Green

(You’d also have to also remove the outermost grey outline because the green outline would be too thick)

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Quite frankly, the discussion is so often let down by your rudeness towards opposing viewpoints, ignorance of market research data by other posters, and the repetition of the same points without any real middle ground given. 

I'm frank. 

I read and take on board all comments. Some have merit and others dont. Just because i might come across as a bit rude sometimes shouldnt really be an issue. I sometimes find others to be a bit rude on here too but i find it funny and i enjoy debating. Maybe because the Canucks discussion has been had so many times I am a bit short with my opinions on that issue but I'm in no way personally attacking anyone. 

Lets be honest though, some suggestions ARE awful. Can we not at least agree on that? Ive been around for over 10 years so it gets repetitive. Can't be polite and considerate to every single new baffling idea.

Go ahead and slam me for this arrogant response. Im just being honest and giving my opinion. I'm sorry if it offends you.

My Canucks uniform is royal blue, green and white with a non-Orca themed Canucks crest. Johnny Canuck is on the sweaters as either the primary crest or as a secondary logo on the shoulders with either the classic Stick in Rink or a recoloured Skate as the primary. Block font with green bordering replaces the sterile Agency font. After that, it's all good from my end.😃💙💚

Archived