NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

35 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I was thinking one of the animal friends from Donkey Kong Country, like Rambi the Rhino and Enguarde the Swordfish. But how can that make you like the logo less? I don't have any room left to think less of it than I already do.

I guess knowing that it has a name and potentially an incredibly stupid backstory elevates it above the other lame 90s logos I don't really think about, like the edgy NYR shield and that one Kings logo with the lion wearing sunglasses.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Danny said:

Oilers CEO Bob Nicholson today said the team is looking at a different third jersey for next season.

I have an easy fix. Put the blue jersey back as the primary and demote the orange jersey to third jersey status.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

30 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Agreed. Royal blue or navy blue?

Let’s not return to the 2000s approach of demoting the home jersey that pairs with the white one and promoting the classic uniform with a completely different design to primary home status. The home and road should, with few exceptions, look like a natural pair. Outliers should be designated thirds and retros. That is to say, if the Oilers want to bring back royal blue, go big or go home.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

19 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Let’s not return to the 2000s approach of demoting the home jersey that pairs with the white one and promoting the classic uniform with a completely different design to primary home status. The home and road should, with few exceptions, look like a natural pair. Outliers should be designated thirds and retros. That is to say, if the Oilers want to bring back royal blue, go big or go home.

Perhaps I should be more specific...

Navy blue at home with the current set or go with royal blue at home along with bringing back the Gretzky-era set?

How awesome would it be, if the Coyotes jerseys had modernized kachina stripes like their junior affiliate Tucson Roadrunners...

D19389RU4AAIA-Q.jpg

53298707_393597258091391_615875023992695

It would be so much better than the generic filler garbage that the Coyotes are wearing now. Why take time to create a new modern kachina pattern and only use it for the hanger effect?

There's one thing I'd correct from the retro Yotes. The old kachina pattern comes off as a little too pixelated. And overall, it's not by any means an ugly look. But there's still a couple things I find to be outdated about that jersey in 2019.

13 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Still think this is what Calgary should wear. RBK template ruined them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Best flames uniform, the retro one seems a bit 80's? Dated? it's fine as a retro but it's just a part of the clunky era where goalies looked like they couldn't fill the net for :censored:. 

zyyMk1d.png

15 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Still think this is what Calgary should wear. RBK template ruined them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Agreed. Although I'd keep the white jerseys exactly the same, but switch the black and white on the home uniforms to match the trace amounts of black on the road. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived