NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

7 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The image is really small, so I can't tell for sure. But that Sens logo does look like a concept I made, a while back ago:

BrianBrideau-OTTmashup.png

The piece of helmet that comes down the cheekbone is completely different in the tuque photo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ebod39 said:

Seriously?  It's the clearly the original 2D logo. New Era isn't in the business of taking logos from the internet.

Also, your "concept" is the update 2D Centurion combined with the OG 2D one. 

Yeah, it's an improved concept. The updated 2D centurion is too tightly packed and doesnt look as elegant as the original. The "concept" melds the two together nicely IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

6 hours ago, ebod39 said:

Seriously?  It's the clearly the original 2D logo. New Era isn't in the business of taking logos from the internet.

Also, your "concept" is the update 2D Centurion combined with the OG 2D one. 

Why did you put concept in quotes?

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Icethetics is saying one of their sources reported second hand the Oilers upcoming alternate may not be the retro blues, but instead could be navy and orange with no white.

Take Carolina’s third template and make the yokes orange and that’s probably what it will look like. Or LA’s grey third but with navy and orange. 

Or team NA’s jerseys from the World Cup with orange stripes instead of grey. 

As long as the stripes look good, it should look fine. Lack of white will make it hard to see the name and numbers though.

6 hours ago, monkeypower said:

but instead could be navy and orange with no white.

Cause who needs contrast :upside:.  Using the Royal Blues as an alternate was a no-brainer so it's not surprising the Oilers are going with a trendy jersey instead. 

45 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Something along these lines?

D5WMuncWkAAA74D.jpg:large

So, it would be the Oilers' version of the 2019 Stadium Series jersey.  Expecting a huge oil drop sticker on their helmets, as well if it's something like this. 

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

Something along these lines?

D5WMuncWkAAA74D.jpg:large

I’d be pretty happy with this. But it’s not gonna look like that. People are comparing this to Stadium series jerseys but this concept would be by far the best stadium series jersey I’ve seen. 

Someone did a mock-up on Twitter and an Edmonton radio host said the mock-up is 99% accurate. It’s gonna look like Flyers black Stadium Series jersey that’s now their alternate but navy instead of black. 

Here we are. Hey, do you like every team having the same single thick stripe on the arms and hem? Well, have the Oilers got something for you.

I honestly don't think I've been impressed with almost any team's attempt at an alternate jersey in the last 5 years.

I'll go further. In that timeframe, I don't think a single team in the NHL has really come up with both an attractive and novel design for a home, away, or alternate that isn't just a re-hashing of a throwback jersey that shouldn't have been replaced. Vegas maybe, but they used the Arizona/Pittsburgh template mostly. Florida's was cool but the home jersey isn't great. The only good stuff seems to come out of the Winter Classic and then we usually never see them again.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:10 PM, spartacat_12 said:

Came across this potential leak of the Sens returning to the old 2-D centurion logo for next season. Not sure if it means it'll be back to being the full-time primary, or if it will just be a heavily used alternate like the =O= was a couple years ago (on the draft caps, centre ice, etc.).

spacer.png

I guess this isn't a good sign for those predicting the Nucks would lose the wordmark...

2 hours ago, MEANS said:

Navy with Orange is PLENTY of contrast......

If it was they'd just use Navy and Orange on their homes.  White is necessary to break up the blue & orange as every other jersey in Oiler's history plainly points out.

10 hours ago, Morgo said:

If it was they'd just use Navy and Orange on their homes.  White is necessary to break up the blue & orange as every other jersey in Oiler's history plainly points out.

It’s the same as the Browns’ Color Rush. Without the white, it’s all frosting and no cake.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, Morgo said:

They do and by a large part of both of those uniforms still have white in them including the logo.

Who said this alternate jersey has to tie into their history at all? 

You may not like it but numbers/stripes without white outlines when the two colors have plenty of contrast work just fine. Always adding a white outline has become overused a lot, almost by default. Stop, take a more thoughtful approach and ask is another color/outline really needed? Most of the times the answer is no.

Archived