NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

On 6/15/2019 at 9:48 AM, monkeypower said:

I get all that with the metallics and I'm not really saying anything is "wrong" per se. It's more just a bit of an annoyance that you can buy different Ducks items and get a different coloured logo depending on what it is and who it's produced by.

Also I took the screenshot of the mobile site by switching to the mobile site on desktop, so all those screenshots in my post were taken on desktop. It's that same colour on the mobile-mobile site and the mobile-desktop site.

I don't really care about how those teams look because I'm not buying any of their merchandise. 😛

Everyone has a pet peeve. The purple on the Lakers Jersey sometimes didn't match the purple on their shorts in the past, now that would be annoying but yeah, when bigger problems come along, this will bother you less.  Blind people don't have to worry about color shades or mismatched socks, but maybe one sock feeling a bit rougher than the other might bug the crap out of them more than normal. Sometimes people go years before noticing that there's a difference or inconsistency in colors, and while I'm one of those fascinated by both consistency and variations and alternate jerseys, this doesn't bother me but you do you. Like others have pointed out, metallics is hard to pull off, especially when photographed.  One last thing I'll leave you with is that it appears every time NFL, MLB or NBA (and I'm sure NHL) changes their official uniform suppliers, especially from/to Nike, then tend to have to change the shade of a color, e.g., Philadelphia Eagles green, because either they can't reproduce the same shade (but others can and have) or because they do it intentionally to sell more products since new and old jerseys look different side-by-side, or maybe another reason altogether (we already have that shade of green and we don't want to spend more money matching the old shade), et cetera. 

It bothers me that we don't have "normal" 1975-76 American quarters, half dollars and dollar coins, but I digress. (People who buy 1975 coin sets will not have 1975 on three coins.)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/15/2019 at 10:44 AM, GFB said:

I’d just reinforce to you that this isn’t a Ducks issue, this is an issue for every team that uses metallic colors, including the Golden Knights or the Dallas Stars or Notre Dame. If you were to do a similar investigation into those teams, you’d find just as many instances of inconsistency because color matching in general is a PITA.

Tell me about it.  These are all supposed to be the same gold.  

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

It is rumored that te Sabres's 50th anniversary uniform might be all white (Jersey,Pants and gloves included) with gold and blue stripes. Anyone heard about that ?

This is just a concept someone posted on Twitter, but it's allegedly based on a report from someone who has seen the finished product.

fLeJEoV.jpg

Wow, that looks like it'd just disappear on the ice. I guess a uniform that makes them utterly invisible is a perfect representation of this team since 1999, but that'll just look so unpleasant from a TV perspective.

1 hour ago, Echo said:

This is just a concept someone posted on Twitter, but it's allegedly based on a report from someone who has seen the finished product.

fLeJEoV.jpg

An all white look is pretty bad, even if it's for one game.  But, seeing this just made me realize that with the Sabres and Canucks 50th anniversary, they will hopefully finally be getting rid of the chest numbers.  That design, if they went with normal blue pants and gloves, would be a solid look, though.

2 hours ago, Echo said:

fLeJEoV.jpg

Show the back. Maybe it’s Turdburger 2.0 and the back is completely blue...

Although the Sabres won't be releasing their new thirds, I'm sure we'll still get a look at a couple new jerseys at the draft tomorrow.

We know the Canes are redesigning their road jersey, so perhaps they'll hand it out to their pick. Also, the Blackhawks are expected to tweak both their primary jerseys (most likely just updating the collars), the Knights are supposed to have a third in the works, and the Oilers has pretty much been leaked at this point.

2019 NHL Draft Caps by Fanatics

June 21, 2019 - 17:20 PM

The 2019 NHL Draft gets underway tonight and will continue into tomorrow at Rogers Arena, home of the Vancouver Canucks. This year’s NHL Draft caps, like last year, are branded by Fanatics, have a very straight-to-the-point design — perhaps welcomed […]

Read More...

It's really frustrating that Fanatics doesn't put the Canadian team hats on its US site (and perhaps it's equally frustrating in the opposite). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've been looking for the St. Louis Blues 2019 Draft Cap and can only find it online and only in Med/Lg.  Unfortunately I have a small head and need Sm/Md.  It's super frustrating...especially considering every online store is basically just the Fanatics site.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

4 hours ago, CardsFan79 said:

I've been looking for the St. Louis Blues 2019 Draft Cap and can only find it online and only in Med/Lg.  Unfortunately I have a small head and need Sm/Md.  It's super frustrating...especially considering every online store is basically just the Fanatics site.

Aleays use Google search if you can’t find it on Fanatics.

https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-3648374/adult-st-louis-blues-draft-flex-fit-cap.jsp?skuid=61390249&cid=shopping34&ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=connexity-shopzilla&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=connexity&utm_content=Cj0KCQjwgLLoBRDyARIsACRAZe7ENQHz10lKZUI7w7aP_lfrXomaXZr1MsTr5tZsc3jAQk6UmHUZAqcaAjAxEALw_wcB

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah, I should’ve been more specific. I did see that Kohl’s apparently has it, but dang...over $8 for shipping one hat seems a bit overboard.  Usually you can get free shipping to a store and pick up there, but I didn’t see that option for this.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

Archived