NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

4 minutes ago, GFB said:

spacer.png

If you want to recolor this logo, the only way it works is as follows:

Navy Blue —> Royal Blue

Royal Blue —> White

Red + Grey —> Green

(You’d also have to also remove the outermost grey outline because the green outline would be too thick)

Using white for that part is not a bad idea. I agree.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Bayne said:

I'm frank. 

I read and take on board all comments. Some have merit and others dont. Just because i might come across as a bit rude sometimes shouldnt really be an issue. I sometimes find others to be a bit rude on here too but i find it funny and i enjoy debating. Maybe because the Canucks discussion has been had so many times I am a bit short with my opinions on that issue but I'm in no way personally attacking anyone. 

Lets be honest though, some suggestions ARE awful. Can we not at least agree on that? Ive been around for over 10 years so it gets repetitive. Can't be polite and considerate to every single new baffling idea.

Go ahead and slam me for this arrogant response. Im just being honest and giving my opinion. I'm sorry if it offends you.

You’re delightful. I can boil down your discourse to this:

Orca = good and the only real option, not Orca = bad and a stupid idea

That doesn’t offend me at all. I just want you to know that you really are a bit of a dick about opposing viewpoints.

8 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

My Canucks uniform is royal blue, green and white with a non-Orca themed Canucks crest. Johnny Canuck is on the sweaters as either the primary crest or as a secondary logo on the shoulders with either the classic Stick in Rink or a recoloured Skate as the primary. Block font with green bordering replaces the sterile Agency font. After that, it's all good from my end.😃💙💚

I was referring to you when I made my “ignorant/dismissive of market research” comment. You may want Johnny, but how many other Canuck fans want him? As far as I know, Johnny might be the minority opinion among Canucks fans. 

Also, how is a block font less sterile than Agency? Instead of using a font that’s used by one other team in the NHL (the Caps, I think), you’d be using a font that’s similar to one of the ones worn by most of the league. The Kelly outline is also a bad idea, seeing as how Kelly outlines look terrible on royal lettering/backgrounds. Green numbers with white outlines make more sense, if you want green in the numbers.

Mods, feel free to edit my post if I went too far in my attacks. I’m taking a break from the Canucks, waiting until Sharks talk resumes soon.

46 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Using white for that part is not a bad idea. I agree.

Here's a quick proof of concept:

5S3S70t.png

When working with this logo, I realized just how weak the ice/lower half of the "C" is compared to the dominant orca/upper half. If you give the lower a stronger and thicker base (like the Habs logo), the logo as a whole would be much stronger.

1200px-Montreal_Canadiens.svg.png

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

That doesn’t offend me at all. I just want you to know that you really are a bit of a dick about opposing viewpoints.

I was referring to you when I made my “ignorant/dismissive of market research” comment. You may want Johnny, but how many other Canuck fans want him? As far as I know, Johnny might be the minority opinion among Canucks fans. 

Also, how is a block font less sterile than Agency? Instead of using a font that’s used by one other team in the NHL (the Caps, I think), you’d be using a font that’s similar to one of the ones worn by most of the league. The Kelly outline is also a bad idea, seeing as how Kelly outlines look terrible on royal lettering/backgrounds. Green numbers with white outlines make more sense, if you want green in the numbers.

Mods, feel free to edit my post if I went too far in my attacks. I’m taking a break from the Canucks, waiting until Sharks talk resumes soon.

^^^^^^

After this recent response, I am finished with Canucks logo/uniform discussion. No matter what the Canucks decide to do, Johnny Canuck, Orca, Stick in Rink, pink jerseys with brown polka-dots, whatever, the chips will fall where they may.

Thankfully, I have a second favourite team in the Golden Knights along with their first-class organization and beautiful brand.

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Talk about an incorrect oversimplification. Ive for the longest time championed the 40th anniversary jersey. That thing was beautiful. If we could wear that full time id be thrilled. I dont think the Orca is amazing, but i like it enoughand 90% of suggestions to improve it are misguided and simply wrong.

Thats boiling it down.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

5 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

^^^^^^

After this recent response, I am finished with Canucks logo/uniform discussion. No matter what the Canucks decide to do, Johnny Canuck, Orca, Stick in Rink, pink jerseys with brown polka-dots, whatever, the chips will fall where they may.

Haha its so good witnessing someones breaking point over uniform discussions. All the best.

11 hours ago, GFB said:

5S3S70t.png

That actually looks amazing. Great job!

9 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Thankfully, I have a second favourite team in the Golden Knights along with their first-class organization and beautiful brand.

I’m really excited to see what they can come up with for a gold third jersey this summer.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

53 minutes ago, Bmac said:

A friend from Vegas said he believes the Knights third jersey to be red. That's his own speculation based on conversations with team store employees and merchandise trends for VGK, so nothing concrete, but certainly interesting.

Weird. Red is their quaternary colour. It’s so minimal. It’s a big mistake for a team called the Golden Knights not to go with gold for their third jersey.

46 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Weird. Red is their quaternary colour. It’s so minimal. It’s a big mistake for a team called the Golden Knights not to go with gold for their third jersey.

The Blue Jays also went a long 7 years without a blue jersey.

But I agree, it would be a mistake. There are already enough red jerseys in the league.

8prlQWA.png

There was zero reason for this conversation to degenerate into what it has.  And for those complaining about another Canucks discussion; they're getting three new jerseys next season, I think that makes it acceptable.

In an interview with The Sin Bin, team owner Bill Foley was asked about the progress of the third jersey. He said: “We’re trying to get the color right. A particular color … I’m not going to confirm ‘gold,’ but a particular color that is bright, that people can wear to a game and they’ll stand out. Right now, the steel grey, and it’s a beautiful jersey, but it doesn’t stand out. The white stands out and this new jersey will stand out.”

From Icethetics

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

2 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

In an interview with The Sin Bin, team owner Bill Foley was asked about the progress of the third jersey. He said: “We’re trying to get the color right. A particular color … I’m not going to confirm ‘gold,’ but a particular color that is bright, that people can wear to a game and they’ll stand out. Right now, the steel grey, and it’s a beautiful jersey, but it doesn’t stand out. The white stands out and this new jersey will stand out.”

Just add LED lights ... http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/04/01/vegas-golden-knights-uniform-leaks-features-led-lights/ 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

My guess is VGK goes black.  Not sure why, just throwing it out there.

Other teams trying to introduce black jerseys next year are already getting vetoed by the league.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Id be ok with black jerseys if they werent just apart of an all black uniform. Tampa and carolina look like theyre wearing onsies out there, nothing breaking up all the blackness.

Archived