NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Bayne said:

Too bad the Lightning don't look something like this already incase they go onto win the cup. I still think they need way more black in their identity. That jersey could really pop, not to mention be unique again.

spacer.png

That looks good.  They would benefit from one of their old colours coming back as a more prominent trim colour so they look less Maple Leaf.

How about silver instead of black?  OHL's Sudbury Wolves wear that colour scheme and it is not bad.

13 minutes ago, M4One said:

Even with the standalone Orca, it still looks bad.  The stick in rink and Johnny Canuck aren't perfect, but it sure looks better than the Orca.

This debate about how the Canucks got me thinking about why it is a great thing to be a Canucks fan.  One has a wide variety of fashion choices if they want to wear team gear!  You can wear different colours and logos on different days.  Not all fans have this.  You have fewer choices if you are a Canadiens fan, for example :). 

2 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

This debate about how the Canucks got me thinking about why it is a great thing to be a Canucks fan.  One has a wide variety of fashion choices if they want to wear team gear!  You can wear different colours and logos on different days.  Not all fans have this.  You have fewer choices if you are a Canadiens fan, for example :). 

Yea but the Canadiens have the best jersey in all of the NHL (the red), why would a fan need to wear anything else?

Can’t say who my sources are but I was at a Wild game recently and I had heard a little more about the Black alternate with the star sleeve that was mentioned on here. Apparently there has been an issue with getting it through the league, and the source says it maybe because it’s a black jersey... This is a little bit of speculation, but it’s what I’ve heard...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

8 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Can’t say who my sources are but I was at a Wild game recently and I had heard a little more about the Black alternate with the star sleeve that was mentioned on here. Apparently there has been an issue with getting it through the league, and the source says it maybe because it’s a black jersey... This is a little bit of speculation, but it’s what I’ve heard...

Nearly half of the thirds that have been worn this season are black. Why would that be an issue? 🤔

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 3/3/2019 at 4:35 AM, Bayne said:

Too bad the Lightning don't look something like this already incase they go onto win the cup. I still think they need way more black in their identity. That jersey could really pop, not to mention be unique again.

spacer.png

More black for the homes and roads?  Yes....but not this much.

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Nearly half of the thirds that have been worn this season are black. Why would that be an issue? 🤔

Maybe that's the issue? The league doesn't want anymore black jerseys? That part is definitely more questionable, but they're definitely having problems with the league on it...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Maybe that's the issue? The league doesn't want anymore black jerseys? That part is definitely more questionable, but they're definitely having problems with the league on it...

Andrew works for Adidas...I think that’s his clever way of confirming just that ;)  

I don't think I could be less enthused about the idea of a black Wild jersey, to be honest. It's not a team colour so it's just for the sake of being trendy, and the team colours they do have are too dark to really work with it that well - the green in particular won't show up on black at all. This just overall sounds like a really bad idea.

Good for the league. There's absolute no need for the Wild to have black third. Make it Red or Green, or even Wheat.

Black thirds should only be used for teams who actually use black as a team color.

Wanna make black (or gray) shirts, hats, hoodies, etc? Go for it. I'll even admit I'm a buyer of those things, especially gray. (not only for the neutrality of it, but I like how colors pop off gray) But keep BFBS (and GFGS) off the ice/field!

15 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Andrew works for Adidas...I think that’s his clever way of confirming just that ;)  

Sadly, can’t confirm anything except that I think this person’s source is inaccurate, at least with regard to the league’s role in the design process. 🙂

The league sees everything before the teams do, so if the league has an issue with anything, it’s changed before the team ever sees it.

Poor TV testing is the only thing I can think of that would prompt the league to intervene on a uniform design after the team has seen and/or approved it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 3/3/2019 at 2:00 PM, VancouverFan69 said:

What I like about the updated Stick in Rink is the white negative space that forms the C. The crooked stick with the cartoony blade ruin what should be a great update to a timeless classic. That's why I created this:

20170329_123918.thumb.jpg.3ae831c721a4e04815182723f04e35c9.jpg

I like that yours appears to use the original rink dimensions, which more closely resemble an actual rink.

Here are a few that I put together.

1. Original (with current colors)
  2. Current
  3. Current with original stick
  4. Current with original stick; rink to scale (or pretty close)
  5. Current with original stick; stick and rink both to scale (or pretty close)

spacer.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

5 hours ago, Survival79 said:

I like that yours appears to use the original rink dimensions, which more closely resemble an actual rink.

2. Current

spacer.png

#1 & #3 are my favourites. 

On 3/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, Survival79 said:

2. Current

spacer.png

#5 is genius. Is the gap in the C the Zamboni door?

Archived