TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

7 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Pretty good here, too. 

spacer.png

The expansion Browns hadn't destroyed their uniforms yet, and were still using uniforms very similar to those of the original Browns.  So that looked good.

And when the Jets returned to their classic unforms, I was pleased (despite their using the wrong shade of green).  But I eventually came to think that that uniform had run its course.  However, the Jets managed to replace that uniform by one that's much worse; so now I wish they had kept the old one!  They really blew it by not returning to their best uniform and logo, the simple and timeless design seen in the 1985 picture.

(Another note: both teams should not be allowed to wear white pants.  The Jets should have been forced to wear green pants.)

Even the too-dark green couldn't stop the 1998-2018 uniform from being the second-best in the team's history, right after the Glory Days classics. 

The last set to feature a green helmet was a downgrade, doomed to become quickly dated.  And this one is too. 

It boggles my mind that the Jets really went back to the black facemask. It was ugly in the 90s and it's still ugly today.

Was black REALLY that popular that it warranted a comeback? It was used during the worst years in Jets history. Name me one good Jets event during that era. I feel like that's an automatic reasoning NOT to bring back a color. Even when Reebok had those black fashion jerseys, I didn't see a single person wearing them. Who asked for this?

They’re desperate for attention, desperate to sell merchandise.  Even when the Giants are terrible the Jets are also-rans in this city.

I don’t doubt that “black jersey” was one of their must-haves when they started the process.  And then they worked backwards, looking for places to put black on the regular uniform.  Hence the face mask. 

On 8/28/2019 at 8:01 PM, lahaye7 said:

the only thing that bothers me is the white/ green shoulder stripes creeping onto the chest area. But it's not horrific. And I really did't need the NEW YORK on the chest. 

The stripes need the same black trim as the numbers.  I like black with Kelly green.  I wish the helmet logo had a plane instead of a football, but I love the helmet color.