New York Jets unveil new uniforms

Had they gone back to the actual 70s / 80s Sack Exchange era uniforms and the JETS airplane wordmark logo, I think people would be willing to accept these over the classic Namath look. Instead they tried to merge the two eras and also make something new. It reminds me of when Continental and United merged and they tried to combine the two logos and liveries. 

The biggest issue with the current set is it looks like they were drawn out by different design teams in separate rooms. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching these in action all last season, I still think they look great. The traditionalists won't like these for another 20 years, when Adidas or Under Armor change the jerseys and they start pining for these. These will be classics if the Jets ever win anything. The other recent Jets jerseys bore me to tears.

Disclaimer: I'm from Boston and a Pats fan and it physically pains me to give the Jets credit for anything.

21 hours ago, mmajeski06 said:

Had they gone back to the actual 70s / 80s Sack Exchange era uniforms and the JETS airplane wordmark logo, I think people would be willing to accept these over the classic Namath look.

I really don’t think so.  There’s nothing inherently better with that set than this one.

20 hours ago, shiznit1083 said:

After watching these in action all last season, I still think they look great. The traditionalists won't like these for another 20 years, when Adidas or Under Armor change the jerseys and they start pining for these.

No, we won’t. The flaws will still be obvious.

The true test of a football uniform is how does it look on linemen. 

With that said, the Jets redesign is a mixed bag. This isn't terrible but the shoulder details maybe aren't holding their shape as well as you'd like. It looks fine on #71 here but the other fellows could stand to pull their jerseys down to straight their stripes. Maybe that will change with changes in fabric? But so far I give a passing grade but not much above for now. 

Untitled-1.png

Also I think this is a great look when smartly paired with white socks. 

usatsi_13827984-1-e1577076093406.jpg?w=1

This is nice too, so I think if the Jets go with mono uniforms with contrasting socks, they could could have a really sharp look going. 

1190727265.jpg.0.jpg

Anyone notice that just about every Jets player wears a long white shirt that hangs out below the jersey?  Really adds to the amateur aspect of it.

A quick GOogle search didn't show any previous examples of this.

usatsi_13827984-1-e1577076093406.jpg?w=1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Call me crazy, but mono-white with green socks is (IMO) their best combo and its not even close. If you looked at that combo alone they look incredible but the green jerseys and pants just don't work for me from a balance perspective for whatever reason. If nothing else, I say they ditch the green pants and they immediately jump a few spots on my list. 

The sets grown on me as time has gone on, its not as good as the Namath set still. But it's a few tweaks away from being on of Nike's better uniforms, up there with Minnesota (uniforms Nike has actually designed and not just brought back what they previously got rid of, lookin at you TB and Cleveland.) The shade of green is really nice, and the striping is growing on me. Drop the black and come up with a better helmet logo and you got maybe a top 15-16 uniform in the league. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

6 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

This thread is a zombie. Every two weeks it pops back up because the traditionalist hate this set more than Oregon. 🤣 Y'all need to chill. lol

Never!!! Lol 

I feel like I’m in the minority of jets fans (most don’t seem to care).. but I’ve been particularly bothered by this new uniform.  I’ve been at every home game since 1997...(‘What do you want, a cookie?’) and they just don’t look like the jets.   I understand the green helmet has a place in the team’s history, but the NEW YORK and angled Nike wings all over the uniform put me into a bit of rage.

the set they wore against the colts in 2018 was the best they’ve ever looked (since Nike took over at least).  Use the sport green (Gotham green) on this template, tweak the stripes.. and it’s the perfect New York Jet uniform.  The grey facemask makes me a little giddy it’s so beautiful.spacer.png

ok rant over feel free to berate me

6 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

This thread is a zombie. Every two weeks it pops back up because the traditionalist hate this set more than Oregon. 🤣 Y'all need to chill. lol

I have two simple responses:

1. Being called a "traditionalist" on this board is like the whole "OK, boomer" thing on the inter webs -- meaning it's a way to react negative to someone's opinion without any real evidence behind your counterpoint (other than "old" automatically = "bad").

2. If the Jets new set is so peak uniform, why did the Saskatchewan Roughriders ever change away from it in the first place?

My favorite is g/g/w/g and g/w/w/g. Monogreen doesn't look great, and green pants with white is ok as an alt. 

Maybe they being back the Namath era with the gray mask as a throwback for a game or two in 2021.  They should have worn the gray facemask years before 2018. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Because the Roughriders never wore the same jerseys. Like come on, it's a little tiring to see that repeatedly come up.

11311009.jpg

sgqyd8aphg79b65zzdht.jpg

I'll give that the pants are similar, but not the same, and there's only so many ways to have an all-green helmet or white/green block(ish) numbers outlined in black. But these look nothing alike.

The teams look even less alike because Saskatchewan hasn't worn those jerseys since 2015.

IbjBaeE.png

9 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Because the Roughriders never wore the same jerseys. Like come on, it's a little tiring to see that repeatedly come up.

[pics]

I'll give that the pants are similar, but not the same, and there's only so many ways to have an all-green helmet or white/green block(ish) numbers outlined in black. But these's look nothing alike.

The teams look even less alike because Saskatchewan hasn't worn those jerseys since 2015.

Not to mention the giant NEW YORK on the front and JETS on the helmet.

ExJworW.png

Archived