New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm going to wait until the regular season to see what they do as far as combos go, but I think the set is in general a positive move forward. My only issues are the helmet seems to "change" color under different lights, hopefully the organization finds a way to fix that so it stays consistent with the uniform, and the green is a much improved shade of green. I don't mind the black facemask, but it wouldn't bug me if they switched to green or grey and phased black out entirely. 

On 9/8/2019 at 2:47 PM, monkeypower said:

The Jets had coloured end zones during their green and white scrimmage, but the green didn't match and was more of a tealish colour.

5wf9b4naseh31.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

But today, the endzones are uncoloured.

Uncolored ones looked solid. Though I'm wondering why they scrapped what they had during the scrimmage. Could be that the full painted endzones were too slick and guys were losing their footing

4 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Uncolored ones looked solid. Though I'm wondering why they scrapped what they had during the scrimmage. Could be that the full painted endzones were too slick and guys were losing their footing

The Jets (and Giants) don't have painted endzones, they have squares of coloured turf that get switched out between the teams, as seen in this video.

I guess there was a high school game on the Saturday, so there might not have been the time to turnover the endzones, so they just stenciled the Jets stuff onto the plain turf endzones.

IbjBaeE.png

19 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Jets (and Giants) don't have painted endzones, they have squares of coloured turf that get switched out between the teams, as seen in this video.

I guess there was a high school game on the Saturday, so there might not have been the time to turnover the endzones, so they just stenciled the Jets stuff onto the plain turf endzones.

The state championship games are played every year with Jets or Giants endzones. 

So I was watching SB Nation's Rewinder video on the 2015 Georgia Tech upset over FSU (if you got the time, watch it and other SB Nation videos. I can't recommend a lot of their series enough) and they used this picture of Jimbo Fisher where his Nike polo is essentially the Jets jersey template.

112818643.jpg

I don't know what year this photo is from, maybe someone with a better knowledge of FSU jersey history or whoever those players are in the background can tell, but it looks like Nike had the Jets jerseys sitting around for a while, just in polo form.

IbjBaeE.png

If I had to guess, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Jets will be wearing the black jerseys tonight.  This is based on seeing black end zones in the stadium during an interview on NFL Network and a thought that the end zone color might correspond to that of the jersey.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:07 AM, Brian E said:

i said it when they debuted, and i still think it:

the black jerseys and socks need to be paired with the green pants. the look needs some contrast.

Haven't you heard? Contrast is out. Pajamas are in. Pass the word.

Archived