Jump to content

Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup


buzzcut
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Crabcake47 said:

McCarthy, infrared, congrats dudes. You’ve put up with this crap enough. Enjoy the rest of the ride. Thanks for engineering one of the biggest upsets in recent memory, one that made me care about another random EC series out of nowhere. 

 

McCarthy has put up with a lot more than I have. Don't forget, I was a Rangers fan for 22 years before I switched to my "hometown" team in around 2011. McCarthy has been with the Jackets from day one. He and Crash are the true "long suffering" Jackets fans." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Seadragon76 said:

*Hmph*

 

I hope Columbus chokes hard... I'm talking like 2018 Virginia hard.

 

Lets see, that Virginia team...they were the #1 overall seed that got annihilated in the first round, right?

 

Somehow, I don't think Columbus can match that description. If anything, in this metaphor, they're UMBC and the Lightning are the Cavaliers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kramerica Industries said:

 

Lets see, that Virginia team...they were the #1 overall seed that got annihilated in the first round, right?

 

Somehow, I don't think Columbus can match that description. If anything, in this metaphor, they're UMBC and the Lightning are the Cavaliers. 

 

Grrr... Leave ya damn realism out of my rants you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Jon Cooper has a flight to Buffalo to catch.

I know the Leafs and Sabres are supposed to be rivals and that I’m supposed to wish ill on you guys but no. I wouldn’t wish Cooper on anyone. 

 

Well maybe the Sens and Red Wings. Definitely the Red Wings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Seadragon76 said:

*Hmph*

 

I hope Columbus chokes hard... I'm talking like 2018 Virginia hard.

 

It's not a fun sports moment until Seadragon76 shows up and :censored:-s all over it. Choke on this, chief, the #8 seed Columbus Blue Jackets just kicked the living :censored: out of the best team in the NHL. What is your problem with the Jackets, other than you just being you, I mean. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Seadragon76 said:

*Hmph*

 

I hope Columbus chokes hard... I'm talking like 2018 Virginia hard.

Come on, are you that devoid of joy? This franchise has experienced nothing but suffering and first round bounces (some painful and embarrassing) for just shy of two decades. They showed up, and earned this. This is a huge win for their fans, even if they get bounced by BOS/TOR. Let them have the moment!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Seadragon76 said:

*Hmph*

 

I hope Columbus chokes hard... I'm talking like 2018 Virginia hard.

 

spacer.png

 

Bite all of us non-Lightning fans.

 

I’m glad to have an Eastern Conference equivalent of the Sharks around (even if they have a cup). You just need a reverse sweep and a bearded leader with an obsession with filthy play to complete the transformation!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

*Hmph*

 

I hope Columbus chokes hard... I'm talking like 2018 Virginia hard.

Who on the Blue Jackets hurt you?

 

Oh btw, gotta sweep, sweep, sweep!

 

And again as the Penguins go the way of the broom.

Edited by buzzcut
Have to acknowledge the Penguins' sweep too, did I not?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

 

It's not a fun sports moment until Seadragon76 shows up and :censored:-s all over it. Choke on this, chief, the #8 seed Columbus Blue Jackets just kicked the living :censored: out of the best team in the NHL. What is your problem with the Jackets, other than you just being you, I mean. 

 

Just now, BeerGuyJordan said:

Come on, are you that devoid of joy? This franchise has experienced nothing but suffering and first round bounces (some painful and embarrassing) for just shy of two decades. They showed up, and earned this. This is a huge win for their fans, even if they get bounced by BOS/TOR. Let them have the moment!

 

My problem, other then blowing my bracket to high hell? Nothing... My usual punching bag, Detroit, is nowhere to be seen here. So, since I need a punching bag... why not Columbus? They haven't won jack until now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.