Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Crabcake47 said:

McCarthy, infrared, congrats dudes. You’ve put up with this crap enough. Enjoy the rest of the ride. Thanks for engineering one of the biggest upsets in recent memory, one that made me care about another random EC series out of nowhere. 

McCarthy has put up with a lot more than I have. Don't forget, I was a Rangers fan for 22 years before I switched to my "hometown" team in around 2011. McCarthy has been with the Jackets from day one. He and Crash are the true "long suffering" Jackets fans." 

BB52Big.jpg

Wow, they did it. Congrats to all the Blue Jackets fans on here. I've long joked that I'd stop calling them the Beej when they got past the first round. This is that day, and (insignificant as it is), they've earned it!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Just now, Seadragon76 said:

*Hmph*

I hope Columbus chokes hard... I'm talking like 2018 Virginia hard.

Lets see, that Virginia team...they were the #1 overall seed that got annihilated in the first round, right?

Somehow, I don't think Columbus can match that description. If anything, in this metaphor, they're UMBC and the Lightning are the Cavaliers. 

spacer.png

Just now, Kramerica Industries said:

Lets see, that Virginia team...they were the #1 overall seed that got annihilated in the first round, right?

Somehow, I don't think Columbus can match that description. If anything, in this metaphor, they're UMBC and the Lightning are the Cavaliers. 

Grrr... Leave ya damn realism out of my rants you!

21 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Jon Cooper has a flight to Buffalo to catch.

I know the Leafs and Sabres are supposed to be rivals and that I’m supposed to wish ill on you guys but no. I wouldn’t wish Cooper on anyone. 

Well maybe the Sens and Red Wings. Definitely the Red Wings. 

*Hmph*

It's not a fun sports moment until Seadragon76 shows up and :censored:-s all over it. Choke on this, chief, the #8 seed Columbus Blue Jackets just kicked the living :censored: out of the best team in the NHL. What is your problem with the Jackets, other than you just being you, I mean. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, Seadragon76 said:

*Hmph*

Come on, are you that devoid of joy? This franchise has experienced nothing but suffering and first round bounces (some painful and embarrassing) for just shy of two decades. They showed up, and earned this. This is a huge win for their fans, even if they get bounced by BOS/TOR. Let them have the moment!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

*Hmph*

spacer.png

Bite all of us non-Lightning fans.

I’m glad to have an Eastern Conference equivalent of the Sharks around (even if they have a cup). You just need a reverse sweep and a bearded leader with an obsession with filthy play to complete the transformation!

1 minute ago, crashcarson15 said:

uh what exactly do we have to choke on?

feel like the last team to get in the playoffs is exclusively playing with house money

Speaking as a Preds fan, it does have its advantages.

7 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

*Hmph*

Who on the Blue Jackets hurt you?

Oh btw, gotta sweep, sweep, sweep!

And again as the Penguins go the way of the broom.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

It's not a fun sports moment until Seadragon76 shows up and :censored:-s all over it. Choke on this, chief, the #8 seed Columbus Blue Jackets just kicked the living :censored: out of the best team in the NHL. What is your problem with the Jackets, other than you just being you, I mean. 

Just now, BeerGuyJordan said:

Come on, are you that devoid of joy? This franchise has experienced nothing but suffering and first round bounces (some painful and embarrassing) for just shy of two decades. They showed up, and earned this. This is a huge win for their fans, even if they get bounced by BOS/TOR. Let them have the moment!

My problem, other then blowing my bracket to high hell? Nothing... My usual punching bag, Detroit, is nowhere to be seen here. So, since I need a punching bag... why not Columbus? They haven't won jack until now.

Archived