Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

3 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

Frankly if Columbus pulls off the sweep it'd be almost as big as winning the Cup anyways; they could even raise a banner - "2018-19: UPSET THE STRONGEST TEAM IN 23 YEARS" :P 

Hey now, I thought arbitrary banners was Nashville's thing?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could easily be wrong, but I only see the Columbus-Tampa series ending in a sweep or reverse sweep. I worry that finding their game to win one cracks the code for the Bolts in a way the Beej just can't stop.

I'm pulling for Columbus and don't even care about how disastrous it'll be for my bracket.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

8 hours ago, infrared41 said:

It's gotta be up there, right? Stamkos hasn't scored a single point in this series. Then Kramerica posts this "one (1) even strength goal in his last 30 playoff games, and zero assists in his last 15 (updated for tonight)." There are people in Witness Protection right now who are easier to find. Hard to believe such a talented player has scored exactly as many points in this series as I have. 

Stamkos was also MIA in the ECF last year, save for a few PP tallies. 

6 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Capitals aren't even convincingly beating the Hurricanes. They're probably going to get demolished by the Islanders in the second round.

I remarked yesterday that if we get through this series, and assuming the Isles finish the job, I’m terrified of facing them next series. They look like they’re playing complete hockey over there, and they’ve even kickstarted Jordan Eberle’s playoff career. They’re a scary team. 

spacer.png

I don't want to say anything that I'll regret four games from now, so I won't talk about the Jackets-Ning series, but I will say this is way more fun than being on the other end. If they lose the next four games it'll be the meanest thing sports has ever done to me. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

So if the Blue Jackets win the series, this will be their 1st playoff series win in franchise history, right?

Correct. And if they manage to pull it off tomorrow night, holy crap what a way to do it. 

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Capitals aren't even convincingly beating the Hurricanes. They're probably going to get demolished by the Islanders in the second round.

Don't jinx us.

Caps’ PP needs to be sorted out - 0 for their last 7, including a 5 minute major last game. Canes’ PK is absolutely shutting them down. 

spacer.png

Haven't been watching the game, did the broadcast make sure to put over how good the Raleigh fans are at eating pork in a parking lot? You gotta give me that parking lot pork.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Caps look awful in the second. Canes are first to literally everything, nothing happening offensively. Making for pretty rough watching. 

The clearly low-tier commentary duo and production team doesn’t help either. Brendan Burke is pretty bad, and there’s no third broadcaster to cancel out Pierre “I work where guys went to college into every other sentence” McGuire. 

spacer.png

Bergeron and Pastrnak might as well not even dress if they're going to play like they did tonight. Absolutely abysmal effort from the Bruins overall.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived