Teams that don’t wear a color that’s on their logo?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Not to be that guy but the logo is found on the sleeve, therefore yellow on the uniform

And the Steelers logo is on their helmet, and the Blackhawks logo is on their jersey. Mighty Ducks, etc.

• 1 month later...

I object to people posting pictures of the Nippon Ham Fighters because they clarify or altogether obviate the ambiguity of whether they are fighting against ham or on behalf of it. I choose to embrace the mystery.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

23 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I object to people posting pictures of the Nippon Ham Fighters because they clarify or altogether obviate the ambiguity of whether they are fighting against ham or on behalf of it. I choose to embrace the mystery.

Well, they should drop the "Nippon Ham" and just call "Hokkaido Fighters". Does they fight for ham? or they know to slice ham?  Nope.

But the name "Fighters" is cool. Heck, there are fighter planes.

.f-16.jpg

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

• 3 weeks later...

The Wisconsin Badgers' logos, both the motion W and Bucky, use some black.  Football and hockey strictly use red and white, as does basketball since the switch to Under Armour.

For an inverse situation, NFL Europe's Barcelona Dragons used green as their main color.  Green never appeared in their logo.  As a bonus, in 91 and 92, their uniforms lacked any gold is outside of the logo.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 6:21 PM, BigDmo said:

Aside from the olive green full gator uniforms, green has never appeared on uniforms outside of the logo

spacer.png

Which is why I've always found this logo to be kind of weird. 

Why did they feel the need to make the Alligator GREEN, and not just green, but pretty much a standard Crayola, almost kelly green?  In reality, alligators are much darker, almost a brown/green/black kind of color.  Compare the color of the green grass to the color of the alligator in this photo:
spacer.png

Plus it's a CARTOON of an alligator. It really doesn't matter what color it is, you're obviously not going for realism.  There are beaucoup other college cartoon

(and outline/sihouette) logos are actual team colors and not "realistic" colors.  A couple of examples:

spacer.png

a blue horse?

spacer.png

a purple and gold tiger?

It is what it is.

Exactly it’s a cartoon gator, so a non-realistic green gator makes sense. And most People associate gators with green than they do any other color, and making it blue and orange isn’t the way to go either. The way they do it now with incorporating the blue and orange in the current logo is perfect.

Archived