2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, the admiral said:

if Megan Bitchell is happy then I'm happy

That's a name I've never heard of before and boy howdy was I surprised to be asked if I was over 18 when I clicked on the subreddit with her name.

I don't really understand *that* side of the internet. I've come across YouTube clips before of a certain podcast with an unfortunate name, who apparently travels in the same circles as this Megan person, that I've found funny, but I don't know if me saying I found these clips funny puts me on list. Again, I don't really understand that side of the internet.

IbjBaeE.png

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

I've come across YouTube clips before of a certain podcast with an unfortunate name (which is also part of that side of the internet) that I've found funny, but I don't know if me saying I found these clips funny puts me on list.

This kid had a Thousand Island stare

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Without Stamkos and either Kucherov or Point this postseason, the Lightning have scored seven goals from open play (plus one direct from a face off win) in about 278 minutes of play.

Just not enough players who can score. It's painful. They've lost both games Point missed in this series, and if he can't go in Game 6, the Lightning are :censored: ed. Islanders win this if it goes 7, I can pretty much guarantee that.

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Without Stamkos and either Kucherov or Point this postseason, the Lightning have scored seven goals from open play (plus one direct from a face off win) in about 278 minutes of play.

Just not enough players who can score. It's painful. They've lost both games Point missed in this series, and if he can't go in Game 6, the Lightning are :censored: ed. Islanders win this if it goes 7, I can pretty much guarantee that.

I'm not nearly as pessimistic as you, though, as you said, the scoring has been lacking if either Point and Kuch are off along with Stamkos.  Cirelli's been terrible in the bubble and I miss back when Tyler Johnson was any good.  That said, if Point plays either game three or game five, this series is more-than-likely wrapped up already.  Even without Point it felt like the Lightning controlled that game and I think the Islanders need to play substantially better to win two more.

Just sucks that when Point is in the depth feels like such a strength and when he's out, nobody can get anything done.

IUe6Hvh.png

14 minutes ago, See Red said:

I'm not nearly as pessimistic as you, though, as you said, the scoring has been lacking if either Point and Kuch are off along with Stamkos.  Cirelli's been terrible in the bubble and I miss back when Tyler Johnson was any good.  That said, if Point plays either game three or game five, this series is more-than-likely wrapped up already.  Even without Point it felt like the Lightning controlled that game and I think the Islanders need to play substantially better to win two more.

Just sucks that when Point is in the depth feels like such a strength and when he's out, nobody can get anything done.

I've been burned by this core too many times. If Point goes on Thursday, I think they'll be fine. Without him, I can't expect many goals. And their Game 7 history at this stage of the playoffs gives me no hope if it goes there.

Lightning are 2-8 in their history when they've had a chance to clinch the Conference Finals. It's a dismal, ugly record.

spacer.png

The Islanders looked gassed tonight.  Glad they won as they've now gone farther than the '93 team and that the CF t-shirt I ordered arrived today so it's still somewhat relevant.  They need to not be so afraid to shoot, play more physically and drive the net more.  One period at a time, one game at a time.  Us against the world!

14 hours ago, tp49 said:

The Islanders looked gassed tonight.  Glad they won as they've now gone farther than the '93 team and that the CF t-shirt I ordered arrived today so it's still somewhat relevant.  They need to not be so afraid to shoot, play more physically and drive the net more.  One period at a time, one game at a time.  Us against the world!

Tomorrow's game will end here. Just wait and see when Tampa Bay wins Game 6.

15 minutes ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Tomorrow's game will end here. Just wait and see when Tampa Bay wins Game 6.

People said "Just wait until Tampa Bay wins" last year, too. They didn't win.

Overestimating Tampa and underestimating the opposing team is a really stupid combo of errors to make twice in a row. Coming off a 2OT heartbreaker is going to suck, especially since the Isles now have a real spark of hope that they can tie the series.

And hope is something you don't want to be giving a team like the Islanders at a point like this.

7 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

People said "Just wait until Tampa Bay wins" last year, too. They didn't win.

Overestimating Tampa and underestimating the opposing team is a really stupid combo of errors to make twice in a row.

If they can prove the world wrong, that statement would hold some water.

But I'm not holding my breath since all I want to see is the Islanders get eliminated. If not, maybe I can turn my head to Dallas and excuse the fact they beat Vegas in five games.

The Islanders' ragtag Non-Tavares gang all running the Trotz system and winning it all would be the weirdest possible finish to the bubble Cup, so it's the one we must get. Also, I really don't want to have to start hearing about the Hall of Fame case for Jamie Benn. I can't stress that enough.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Islanders' ragtag Non-Tavares gang all running the Trotz system and winning it all would be the weirdest possible finish to the bubble Cup, so it's the one we must get. Also, I really don't want to have to start hearing about the Hall of Fame case for Jamie Benn. I can't stress that enough.

Tavares must have been crying in his sleep right now after falling from playoff contention with Toronto. He probably wishes he would have stay with the Isles.

Archived