2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

I was really hopeful for a Canucks-Avalanche western conference final, but dang that different... Kudos to Joel Kiviranta though. That’s an amazing performance. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Crazy :lol:

You underestimate how much I absolutely loathe the Golden Knights. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, at this point I’m now an Islanders bandwagon fan. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Pajama Boy and all the Leafs fans have to watch the team he left hoist the Cup. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

When I was really, really little, my first exposure to hockey was reading the World Book encyclopedia mention the Islanders during their Stanley Cup run. So my tiny brain just accepted that they were a big deal. It always weirded me out how a team that was so dominant could just disappear.

Now I feel like I've come full circle in a strange kind of way. 

14 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

If Islander win the Cup, do they add another stripe to their logo? 

They would love nothing more. They can add the boroughs to the island while they're in there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If the Islanders win the Cup, you just know there'll be a sector of people begging them to bring out the Fisherman again as their Cup celebration uniform next season or some crap, like what St. Louis did this year with their 90's kit (which isn't great, but it's far and away superior to the Fisherman).

9 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

If the Islanders win the Cup, you just know there'll be a sector of people begging them to bring out the Fisherman again

Yes, they're called r/hockey posters, and they should be summarily dismissed and told to go back to beating off to Hurricanes dances

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 9/6/2020 at 1:04 AM, AustinFromBoston said:

If Islander win the Cup, do they add another stripe to their logo? 

They should definitely add another orange stripe to the stick in their crest. I'm pretty sure the 4 lines represent their 4 Cups.

They used to have 4 stripes on one of the shoulders, when they wore navy.

This is an interesting semi finals in the Stanley Cup playoffs.  You have a team in Vegas that went to the Stanley Cup Finals 2 years ago and three teams, Dallas, NY Islanders and Tampa Bay who have won zero Stanley Cups in the 2010's (although Tampa made it to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2015).  Tampa last won the thing in 2004, Dallas in 1999 and Islanders in 1983.

6 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

This is an interesting semi finals in the Stanley Cup playoffs.  You have a team in Vegas that went to the Stanley Cup Finals 2 years ago and three teams, Dallas, NY Islanders and Tampa Bay who have won zero Stanley Cups in the 2010's (although Tampa made it to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2015).  Tampa last won the thing in 2004, Dallas in 1998 and Islanders in 1983.

well to add to that, the Islanders and the Minnesota North Stars (now Dallas) met in the '81 Cup Final

9 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

This is an interesting semi finals in the Stanley Cup playoffs.  You have a team in Vegas that went to the Stanley Cup Finals 2 years ago and three teams, Dallas, NY Islanders and Tampa Bay who have won zero Stanley Cups in the 2010's (although Tampa made it to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2015).  Tampa last won the thing in 2004, Dallas in 1998 and Islanders in 1983.

A year off on Dallas; they won in 1999. 1998 was the second of Detroit's back-to-back Cups.

Archived