MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An assigned white spring training uniform?  Thats a first to my knowledge...

Yeah, of course teams like the Tigers and Yankees might wear home jerseys during spring training home games, but i dont think theres ever been a special one for ST.

3 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

I think the W makes it look clunky. The silhouette of the capitol is strong enough on its own to represent DC IMO. 

Looks like it was inspired by this logo used by Topps in the 1950s.  I don’t know if it was ever used in other applications.

15074971%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

14405517%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Personally, I love it.  Great new alternate logo, fully expect that it’ll be used beyond this initial trial. 

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Looks like it was inspired by this logo used by Topps in the 1950s.  I don’t know if it was ever used in other applications.

I think I've said it before but it really feels like the old Washington Senat(ional)ors were way behind the curve when it came to logos and branding. Really not much of a presence there at all. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Their last set before moving to Minneapolis was beautiful.

bob-allison-6a610e86-0359-4a3d-903a-4a4046325_02_lg.jpg56191a_lg.jpeg

Their 1967-58 3D jersey wasn't bad either.

15980261%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

I'm especially partial to their 1950s logo - sure, it's rough and a little busy, but those were the times.  Had the Senators survived, this might have been cleaned up into a fantastic primary logo for today.  The jaunty cap perched on the Capitol is inspired.

9119_washington_nationals-primary-1953.p

So does this mean New Era is moving away from the Pro Light (or whatever it’s called) caps with the rubber logos for ST? Hopefully so. I have the Braves cap, but I’m not much of a fan. They feel cheap and look a bit goofy. The Diamond Era line was much better.

Also, I really like the Nats script. I wish they would wear that for their primaries. I can’t decide if I like the blue or red script more. Probably this red prototype.

NationalsPrototypeFront.jpg

So... is it safe to assume that any team making significant changes to their uniforms would have announced it by now?

I ask because I'm losing faith that this will be the off-season when the Brewers finally address their mess of an identity.

40 minutes ago, NicDB said:

So... is it safe to assume that any team making significant changes to their uniforms would have announced it by now?

I ask because I'm losing faith that this will be the off-season when the Brewers finally address their mess of an identity.

We would have known about it by now.

And I’m with you, ever hopeful. 

On 11/16/2018 at 11:31 AM, NicDB said:

I keep hoping the Diamondbacks will embrace their teal accented home and road uniforms as the full-time option and dump the red/black snakeskin. 

Archived